Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have a TL-S? Then get ready $$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
ok for those pissing and moaning over paying for premium...as others have mentioned its only an extra maybe $200 a year (at 12-15K miles for the year). deal with it. if you wanted fuel efficient go drive a prius or a civic hybrid. the TL is an entry level sports luxury sedan with a V6. we should be so lucky to get the MPGs we get. if you dont' like it, drive a little 4 cylinder and you'll save in your fuel costs. better yet, use mass transit, a bike or your legs to get you where you need to go then you won't have to worry about paying for gas.

as with anything for our cars, you pay to play. is your lifestyle going to change that much b/c you paid $4+/gallon for gas?? not likely. and if it is, you may have to rethink if you are living beyond your means (look what happened with the housing market).
lol i seriously doubt you will be saying that by the end of this year.....but don't worry I'll be here to remind you that "you gotta pay to play"

when I bought my car in 2006 gas was $2.50 for premium vs over 4 now.......
Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
If I still had to commute 210 miles a day I might complain. The extra dollar a gallon comes out to about $15 per month for me now. I've just recently stopped eating fast food which is saving $350 a month. Paid the TL off which is $701 a month, cut back on my internet and cable which I never used anyway which is $100 less per month. I now take the van pool option to work 90% of the time which saves an additional $150 per month. Fuel price hike is a very small cost in the grand scheme of things.

With that said, I don't want to see it go up. Comparing us to Europe is pointless. Why would we want to be like them, they want to be like us. My first trip over there was a shock. The first time I went to get gas it was roughly 3 euro so I was happy because I heard how expensive fuel was over there. Then I realized that was per liter lol. Luckily the car I drove most was a POS 1.3L Peugeot which got like 65mpg. The TL wouldn't even fit in the streets of Greece.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
common sense and simple arithmetic seems to break in people when gas prices go up.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:36 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
lol i seriously doubt you will be saying that by the end of this year.....but don't worry I'll be here to remind you that "you gotta pay to play"

when I bought my car in 2006 gas was $2.50 for premium vs over 4 now.......
i'll still be saying that by the end of the year. i knew what i was getting myself into when i bought the car new in '05 with regard to putting premium in the tank. yeah does it cost me extra per tank like everyone else?? sure, but that's life. nothing you can do about the gas prices, so you deal with it. would i like to keep the cash spent on fuel in my bank acct, yes, again nothing i can do about it. does it change my lifestyle?? no. if it gets to $5 a gallon, then yeah it sucks, but nothing you can do about it except change your driving habits (ie alternative transportation) if it disturbs you financially. personally if i was in college and paying my way (which i did), my thinking would be different b/c of the limited income and tight budget. the thought of driving a TL for me in college wouldn't have been on my radar b/c of affordability (upkeep, MPGs, insurance). i waited until i started my career and got a real paycheck to get a car i really wanted, my TL is a fine example of where i put my hard earned money and dammit i'm gonna take care of it.

IHC mentions he has made some changes in where he allocates his income and that's just being financially responsible. other TL owners had bigger fish to fry with other financial obligations like family and a house, so they unfortunately trade in the TL for a more affordable family friendly vehicle.

so please don't presume that i haven't put some thought into my statements. i stand by it.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Chapter Leader (Central PA )

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Gas has gone up, but I'm starting my new job next week which is about 3 miles from my place instead of my 30 mile commute.

Maybe i'll take the trek to work on nice days!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
When I got my car, my father reminded me that the car required premium (which I knew) and that it would elevate my yearly operating costs. I told him I knew that and it didn't matter since I always used premium in my last car even though it didn't require it. In my eyes, I knew gas was going to rocket up this summer. But to me, an extra $0.20 a gallon is nothing for a motor providing so much fun with the 31 mpg I usually get on my work commute.

EDIT: I hate cars... let me finally note (in this random post) that Grand Nationals are amazing machines and I'd love to know more about yours. I often find myself looking for the GNX I can't afford or the clean low mileage Syclone to kinda fit in.

Last edited by heza; 04-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gas here is 4.31gal sucks for my tl and 400whp civic