Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery times?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Delivery times?

How long has it been taking from the time the TL is built to the time that it was delivered to the dealership? Also, please indicate what state you are from.

I am trying to figure out when I can expect my car. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

Mine (Anthracite/Ebony) has a build of 10/27-10/29
and I am expecting the car around 11/13.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
DNA
Instructor

Originally posted by snm_0706
Mine (Anthracite/Ebony) has a build of 10/27-10/29
and I am expecting the car around 11/13.
I know this has been discussed before, but I"m still confused. When I "ordered" my 2004 TL two weeks ago, all they did was take $1,000, which could be refunded if I changed my mind, and told me they would call me when TL came in with the configuration I wanted (AT/Navi/Anthracite/Quartz). I was told this could take two to three months unless someone ahead of me canceled their order. I thought I read on another thread that other people were given similar stories. But your post makes it sound like you actually ordered and purchased a specific TL, is this correct? Did they tell you your VIN #? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on the slow-track.

-David
Old 10-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

My car was built on 10/14 and is suppossed to be delivered between 10/22 and 10/30. And yes I do have my VIN # now that the car has been built.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Cruisin'

when i first put the deposit down, i was told that the car would be built in november and would arrive in Dec. something about all the cars like the one that i wanted (AT grey on ebony w/navi) that were going to be delivered into Houston having deposits. Later in the day, my salesperson called back and said that she had dealer-traded for the car i wanted and it will be made late Oct and delivered mid Nov.

If probably depends on what car you ordered (navi, color, etc.), what city you're in (my guess is that larger cities have more selection, and effort on the part of your sales person. my sales person had to put in a little extra effort to find the car (it was initially directed for delivery in another state), and then call and trade with another dealer.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Cruisin'

Sounds like the wait list my friend

Originally posted by DNA
I know this has been discussed before, but I"m still confused. When I "ordered" my 2004 TL two weeks ago, all they did was take $1,000, which could be refunded if I changed my mind, and told me they would call me when TL came in with the configuration I wanted (AT/Navi/Anthracite/Quartz). I was told this could take two to three months unless someone ahead of me canceled their order. I thought I read on another thread that other people were given similar stories. But your post makes it sound like you actually ordered and purchased a specific TL, is this correct? Did they tell you your VIN #? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on the slow-track.

-David
DNA, what you are describing is being on a wait list. At this dealership it seems other people want the same configuration. When you move to the front of the list the dealer will be able to tell you when your car will be built, you can get a vin # from the dealer within a week of the car being built along with build info, and finally when the car will arrive.
I would suggest keeping your deposit here and shopping other dealers for several reasons.
1) Another dealer may have this car configuration coming in earlier.
2) If the dealer is not up front about specific info on a car, this may indicate the dealer is going to try and sell your configuration to the highest bidder and/or add options and try to sell it to you "early because the other person on our wait list ordered it this way then backed out" or whatever story they make up.
3) If you think you are on the slow track, you probubly are! And there is no reason to be because there are lots of other dealers out there. So good luck but dont expect a Vin # until it is almost time for the car to be built.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Instructor

I ordered a Red TL-MT6 with Nav on 10/4 and couldn't even get them to give a tradein value on my 2002 TL-S because they didn't know when the new one would come in. They did seem to be thowing around 3 plus months though. I have several things going against me though. The MT's are delayed a month, the Navs are in short supply, and I heard they're not making red until December. I don't mind so much because my TL-S goes in the garage at the first sign of road salt and does not come out until Spring. That's what my 4WD Dakota is for. I've been able to keep it looking like new doing this so if the new one comes in, it'll spend the Winter in the garage anyway. I would like a estimate of build date though to give me a target. As it turns out, maybe waiting a few months will give the factory time to iron out a few bugs.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:06 AM
DNA
Instructor

Thanks everyone for the clarification of the "wait list" I'm on. I dropped by the dealer who has my deposit last night to look at a Desert Mist / Ebony AT/Nav that just came in which I could have driven home. I didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would. The Desert Mist is more of a bronze-silver than the brochure sample appears. However, I decided to pass on that one.

As it turns out, there was one person higher on the list with my Anthracite/Quarts color choice who just changed his mind so I'm now #1 for a TL that will be built next week (I think it was) and estimated to get to the dealer on November 10th.

We also searched through the computer list for all California dealers for all Nav/AT's in alternate colors I might be interested in. The list shows both cars at dealers now and cars coming in for the next month or so. As someone said above, there are no red TL's anywhere (at least, in California). If anyone wants Silver/Quartz Nav/AT (my second choice) there are lots of them in southern CA, but none up here. There was one white/Quartz, and a purple/Quartz in San Diego. My dealer has a purple/Quartz (no Nav), and I have to say that to my eye the Quartz is a much better match to purple than Camel. There was no black/quartz anywhere in CA either. That would be my first choice if I had someone to clean and polish my car for me every day. (As you can tell, the Quartz interior is more important to me than the exterior color.) If I had found a car I wanted at a dealer in this area, mydealer would have tried to trade one of his cars to get my car. But he didn't want to trade all the way down to So. CA as that was too many miles to put on the cars if they drove, and too expensive and too likely to be damaged if trucked, he said.

So ... Anthracite/Quartz by about November 10th it is! In the meantime I can decide on accessories, bluetooth phones (I hope the V600 comes out soon), DVD-Audio disks (not many to choose from, I'm sorry to say), and clean the garage. Thanks again for the help.

-David
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Advanced

I placed an order for Anthracite/Ebony/6MT on 10/08 and was told I could expect delivery 1st week of Dec.

Received a call from my salesman today stating that they switched orders with another dealer and that my production date is now 11/03 - 11/07 and delivery (Charlotte, NC) is set for 11/20 or right around there - SWEET!!! Sucks to be paying MSRP but getting it earlier than expected helps soften the blow.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:22 AM
9th Gear

I just placed my order for an Abyss Blue/Camel interior/ auto with Nav. Steve said it wouldn't be built for 1 month and then 1 more for delivery. I placed the order in Portland Oregon
Old 10-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Instructor

On October 18th I ordered a green pearl/ parment acura w/ nav. Appoximate pick-up late Nov., early December.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Intermediate

Talking

My 04TL with Navi was built on 10/15 and was delivered on 10/22. It was delivered just in time for the TL launch party.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Advanced

I just received a fax from my dealer showing my car was built on 10/22, I put a deposit down on 9/6 for Antracite/Camel/AT/no-navi. It is estimated to be delivered to central Florida 12-14 days after the the build date(10/22). I also received the VIN, the last 4 are 7269. 3 of the 4 TL's on the fax have Camel interior and one is Navi.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

Ordered my white TL, auto, Parchment, with Navi the first week of Oct. The vehicle was built this week and will be delivered within 10 days. Sure is a hot item. Dealer cannot keep them on the lot for more than a day or so.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gosh, I lucked out. Bought mine last Friday; Deep Pearl Green w/Nav. The car came in on Wednesday and it's now ready to be picked up this afternoon. I've been driving an 03 TL loaner since then. This dealer went all out in accomodating me.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Instructor

Paid deposit on 15th October. Was told it would arrive in November. Today was advised the arrival date is Nov 15th. Car was a Silver/Ebony NAVI.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Quiet man
I just placed my order for an Abyss Blue/Camel interior/ auto with Nav. Steve said it wouldn't be built for 1 month and then 1 more for delivery. I placed the order in Portland Oregon
Quiet Man,

Ron Tonkin Acura in Beaverton has an Abyss Blue/Camel interior/ auto with Nav sitting in their showroom. It has the body kit on it but if you were looking for that it was still there Wednesday.