Sponsored by:

Delays delays delays

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Hal
Pedestrian Polo CHAMPION!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delays delays delays

I put a deposit down on an Anthracite/Ebony 6spd w/NAVI mid Feb at Acura 101 in Calabassas, CA. They told me it would be about 10 weeks to get the car in. Ok, I can handle that.

Well, I've been calling them for the past few weeks, trying to narrow down the arrival of my car.

First, they said they'll have the VIN by the next week. So I called them, then they told me that my car was shipped WITHOUT Navi. I called the next week to check up again, and they said that it was shipped WITH navi and should be in by mid April. Now, I just got a call that NOTHING was shipped at all and it'll still be another 4 weeks.

WHAT-THE-!@#$%^

Am I being taken for a ride? I told the guy to look for an Abyss Blue Pearl version for me, but I am pretty pissed off. I want this damn car.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Instructor

take your money elsewhere
if you had left a deposit back in February, you would have gotten your car already from other dealerships

i have a deposit for the exact combo in the N.California and will be getting my car sometime middle of next month after placing an order in the middle of last month.

what probably happened is that your order was not placed by the dealership in Feb. to Acura. the dealerships can place orders based on their allotments on a monthly basis. assuming your order was given instead on March, you may be looking at May timeframe too.

forget about talking to your salesman and speak to the Manager or even someone higher in the food chain
Old 04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by D4SSWME
take your money elsewhere
if you had left a deposit back in February, you would have gotten your car already from other dealerships

i have a deposit for the exact combo in the N.California and will be getting my car sometime middle of next month after placing an order in the middle of last month.
Middle of February to now = just short of 2 months
Middle of last month to middle of next month = ~2 months

What you said does't really make sense. Sometimes the cars are harder to get than usual. Acura makes the cars based on previous sales of a particular combo. It does not take combo orders at the factory from dealers. It produces what it's going to produce anyway. This is the drawback to buying the same color everyone else is.

If you want the car, just have to wait and be patient. Nothing wrong with calling to check, just be polite or else the dealer might cause problems for you.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D4SSWME
what probably happened is that your order was not placed by the dealership in Feb. to Acura. the dealerships can place orders based on their allotments on a monthly basis.
I think this is probably the situation. The dealer is allowed a certain number of TL's per month. A relatively small percentage are Navi. So the dealer may not be able to submit your order for the Navi car for 2 months or something. (Where for a non-Navi, he could submit immediately, or even have the car in stock or from a dealer trade almost immediately). I was in this situation with another brand once. The dealer did not tell me that they couldn't even order the car when I placed my order. They said or implied the order would be in right away, and the car would arrive in a couple of months. Months later, I was asking about the status, and they admitted they hadn't ordered it yet, several months later. They clearly knew they couldn't order the car when I put money down. I cancelled the order and went elsewhere (bigger dealer, more allottment, shorter line, and even less money). I didn't like the dishonesty of the situation.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Instructor

I did not make sense

should have done my calculations first.

anyways, what I was trying to say was that it would take at least two months for the 6spd w/navi combo

doesn't hurt to check other dealerships too just in case someone has backed out of their order (it does happen)
Old 04-08-2004, 03:55 AM
Hal
Pedestrian Polo CHAMPION!

This is just frustrating... that and the fact that my sales guy is either not currently in or *just* got in.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Advanced

I ordered an Anthracite/Navi/6spd on Feb. 20th. The dealer called my back a few days later to say it would be build on March. 31 and I should get it 8-10 days later. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and the car had just arrived (they gave me my VIN #). I think they are pulling your chain. The fact the car was "shipped without NAVI" implies one of two things. Either the dealer ordered the wrong car or they sold it to someone else and are waiting for a replacement. If you have another option, I would consider taking it.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Racer

I ordered my 6spd/Navi in Red back on Jan 20th. It was built 3/29 and I will have it in a couple days

A week after ordering it they confirmed it would be built in March, at the beginning of March they called and said it was scheduled for production 3/27-3/31 on 3/30 they called with the VIN and On 4/2 they called to say it was in transit. It will probally show up this weekend or early next week.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:14 AM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by Hal
This is just frustrating... that and the fact that my sales guy is either not currently in or *just* got in.

Why not call around a bit and see what other local dealers have to offer? I was at Keyes the other day getting an oil change and there were a bunch of new TLs there that had just been delivered. In addition to quite a few Anthracites, I also saw other desireable colors like Redondo Red. I think they have the largest allocation of TLs, so you may have better luck there. I'm sure they would be willing to match another dealer's price. Call the sales manager- Dan Carlton
Old 04-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

I have the same sort of situation. I put a deposit in the middle of March for a scheduled delivery date of April 15-20. As of today my dealer still does not know the VIN or the exact date of delivery. Am I getting the runaround? I thought the dealers knew the VIN at least two weeks before the delivery day.