3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defective windshield or PIAA window treatment issue??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Defective windshield or PIAA window treatment issue??

Ok, so here is the problem. I noticed last week while I was installing my new PIAA wipers that I have a streak/color blemish/something else on my windshield. It is in an arc shape just off center on the passenger side of the windshield. It looks as if the wiper blades did it but the curve goes in the opposite direction. At first I thought that I didn’t buff out the window treatment but after cleaning the window, in and out, I realized that it is not coming off. I have never noticed it before, but being a newer vehicle and never actually cleaning it outside ay my house, due to hard well water, I never stared at my windshield like this. I never saw it before that day but now I can’t stop staring at it. The problem is that it is not visible in all light conditions and doesn’t show up in the same light conditions that show off other dirty window areas. So I can see dirty spots but not the streak, and other conditions I will see the streak but not dirty spots. I took some pics and I will upload tonight but I just thought I would get some feedback on this.

At first I thought it was the PIAA window treatment but my step dad seems to think that it is a windshield defect. I stare at my paint all the time, being NBP, but never took the time to stare at the windshield like this. But dirty glass bugs me and I hate the fact that the glass looks dirty even though it isn’t.

On a side note, I am not a fan of the PIAA wipers at the moment. The silicon seems to be leaving silicon streaks all over my window, looks as if some one is drawing with a bar of soap on the glass. Grrrrrr.

So, who do you think I should complain to and do you think this is something I can complain about??? I have already taken my car in because the bluetooth module didn’t work and I would rather not deal with another issue like this, but I would also rather have a clear windshield then deal with the constant streak.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
You should take it in and have the service manager check it out. If it's curved opposite the normal wiper curve then they can't blame it on the wipers, and they may just know what caused it or may have seen it before.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
do i have to take it to the same dealership i bought it from or can i take it to any dealership??? i bought it at the farthest possible dealership from my house so if at all possible i would like to take it the one of the two that are within 30miles, rather than 60miles. i was told the bluetooth issue needed to be taken to the original because the steering wheel was the dealer installed Aspec wheel, but after the fact i am not sure if this was necessary.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Originally Posted by blkaspec
do i have to take it to the same dealership i bought it from or can i take it to any dealership??? i bought it at the farthest possible dealership from my house so if at all possible i would like to take it the one of the two that are within 30miles, rather than 60miles. i was told the bluetooth issue needed to be taken to the original because the steering wheel was the dealer installed Aspec wheel, but after the fact i am not sure if this was necessary.
Take it to any acura dealer, it doesn't matter where you bought it from