Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadging black 04 tl

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Debadging black 04 tl

I searched, but didnt find anything. I wanted to know if anyone has done this to thier 04 tl? If so, which emblems had holes behind them?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:46 PM
FOR SALE - BM

the Acura symbol on the back trunk lid has holes in it... the "TL", "ACURA", and "Aspec" (if you have it) , are just taped on.. and it looks hot if you remove them..
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
makes the car look 12x better
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Ill try it tommorow. My goal is to have an all black tl. Black windows, grille, wheels (polished lip), black housing headlights, and tails. Just going to take some time
Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Racer

Oh yes the infamous DEBADGING !! It actually makes the car look 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better !!

But just one man's opinion....
Old 06-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ubnpast
Ill try it tommorow. My goal is to have an all black tl.
Are you an undertaker and attempting to create the first Acura hearse ???

Sorry.....could not resist.....lol
Old 06-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Is it bad to debadge a car thats 2 yrs old? Especially when if you have a light color car, will there be a color difference?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ubnpast
Ill try it tommorow. My goal is to have an all black tl. Black windows, grille, wheels (polished lip), black housing headlights, and tails. Just going to take some time
where in jersey are you?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:37 AM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whatjones911
Is it bad to debadge a car thats 2 yrs old? Especially when if you have a light color car, will there be a color difference?
i think darker cars will fade faster. i did my car when it was 6 years old and i cant see the marks even if im looking for them. (but agian it only has 30K miles on it and was garaged the whole time.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My debadged NBP 04

I've done it and as everybody said, no holes behind those except Acura (vernier caliper) emblem. Which of course I left on. Using dental floss, goo gone, little claying I did not see any signs of color change or anything even from 2 inches from the paint. Go for it. Looks clean.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Racer

I think it makes it look like a generic copy that someone slapped an "A" on to make people think it's an Acura....lol
Old 06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 06-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Adamo0926
I think it makes it look like a generic copy that someone slapped an "A" on to make people think it's an Acura....lol
You just cant keep your mouth shut, can you ?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xtin
You just cant keep your mouth shut, can you ?
Are you the opinion police ??

I suggest you get a thinner skin....if you want to rip badges off your car then, by all means, rip until your heart is content. I just think it's ridiculous, is that ok with you ? Nowhere have I called anyone sub-human for doing this....all I said that I THINK....with an emphasis on I THINK (meaning my opinion), is that doing this is bizarre.

I could understand if you were ripping off a badge that says "Joe's Acura Dealership"......now that makes sense.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Racer

Actually that would be a thicker skin....but my editing time ran out....

Maybe just saying CHILL would be better
Old 06-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Whats so ridiculous about cleaning the back end up? I saw a new Cadilac the other day and nowhere on the back end does it say Cadilac anywhere. It had the emblem in the middle and the model in the right hand corner. Many newer cars now a day don't have the company name on the trunk. Its always just the model, which looks so much better, but it looks even better with that off too.... (JUST STATING MY OPINION)
Old 06-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Are you the opinion police ??

I suggest you get a thinner skin....if you want to rip badges off your car then, by all means, rip until your heart is content. I just think it's ridiculous, is that ok with you ? Nowhere have I called anyone sub-human for doing this....all I said that I THINK....with an emphasis on I THINK (meaning my opinion), is that doing this is bizarre.

I could understand if you were ripping off a badge that says "Joe's Acura Dealership"......now that makes sense.
I suggest you find a hobby.

We all know you dont agree with it but do you need to keep referring to OUR OPINION as ridiculous and GHETTO? Just because you are nearing retirement age and want to keep your cookie cutter TL pristine and stock, doesnt mean all of us do.

By the way, THINKING doesnt require TYPING. The poster didnt start this thread to get your opinion on debadging. You are just looking for anywhere you can post about how stupid, ridiclous and ghetto what we choose to to to our vehicle is to you.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Racer

Like I said previously.....to ME....it makes the car look like a copy that someone threw an Acura symbol on to make people think it's a real Acura....IN MY OPINION. Plus I think the car looks less classy and more ghetto....again, my opinion. There are many, many other things that can improve the car's appearance other than this.

It just looks like people are reaching to do something that will make their car look different if not better. There is a thread where a guy actually sanded the airbag warning off the visor.....I mean, come on. Someone like that needs a new hobby. 99.9% of people never even notice that warning.

Sometimes it just seems like people will do anything just to be different, even to the point of lunacy.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Like I said previously.....to ME....it makes the car look like a copy that someone threw an Acura symbol on to make people think it's a real Acura....IN MY OPINION. Plus I think the car looks less classy and more ghetto....again, my opinion. There are many, many other things that can improve the car's appearance other than this.

It just looks like people are reaching to do something that will make their car look different if not better. There is a thread where a guy actually sanded the airbag warning off the visor.....I mean, come on. Someone like that needs a new hobby. 99.9% of people never even notice that warning.

Sometimes it just seems like people will do anything just to be different, even to the point of lunacy.
Nobody asked for your opinion.

My guess is that you didnt score too high on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT
Old 06-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Racer

I suggest you find a hobby.

We all know you dont agree with it but do you need to keep referring to OUR OPINION as ridiculous and GHETTO? Just because you are nearing retirement age and want to keep your cookie cutter TL pristine and stock, doesnt mean all of us do.

By the way, THINKING doesnt require TYPING. The poster didnt start this thread to get your opinion on debadging. You are just looking for anywhere you can post about how stupid, ridiclous and ghetto what we choose to to to our vehicle is to you.
xtin....there are many other people on here that express their opinions about a number of different things....is there some reason you are picking a fight with me ?

I said I think it' a ridiculous thing to do....I DID NOT say that YOU were ridiculous or an idiot....although your post is making me think twice about that.

At 48, I am not exactly that close to retirement....although I wish I were wealthy enough to be retired right now. It's obvious you just wanted to throw a subtle age insult in there...so be it. 22 more years and you will be 48 also, unless you are so smart you figure out how to stop the aging process.

Back later....I need to take my Geritol and oil my walker....but only after I DEBADGE my Acura TL....
Old 06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Racer

My guess is that you didnt score too high on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT
Oh great Queen Bee, knower of all that is to be known.....I bow before your greatness....you truly are the all knowing one.

How about you just ignore me if you don't like what I say ?
Old 06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

xtin....there are many other people on here that express their opinions about a number of different things....is there some reason you are picking a fight with me ?

I said I think it' a ridiculous thing to do....I DID NOT say that YOU were ridiculous or an idiot....although your post is making me think twice about that.

At 48, I am not exactly that close to retirement....although I wish I were wealthy enough to be retired right now. It's obvious you just wanted to throw a subtle age insult in there...so be it. 22 more years and you will be 48 also, unless you are so smart you figure out how to stop the aging process.

Back later....I need to take my Geritol and oil my walker....but only after I DEBADGE my Acura TL....
Im "picking" on you because Im sick of seeing your subtle jabs when no one cares about your opnion. Look at the original post...let me point something out for you

The title says "Debadging black 04 tl" Now, since you are totally against this mod why would you EVER click on the post? Simple because you saw another opportunity to throw in your opinion on how STUPID this mod is in your normal sarcastic tone. THEN, the poster asked for advice from PEOPLE WHO HAD DEBADGE THEIR CAR and where the holes were. Tell me where someone asked for opinions on whether or not it was a good idea.

BTW, walkers never need to be oiled as they have no moving parts.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

You remind me of one of those guys who is so proud to have a semi luxury car that you wont ever debadge because OMG SOMEONE MIGHT NOT KNOW ITS A TL!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Oh great Queen Bee, knower of all that is to be known.....I bow before your greatness....you truly are the all knowing one.

How about you just ignore me if you don't like what I say ?
buzz buzz
Old 06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
One on the right for me

Why didnt I get bashed for giving my opinion? As much as I disagree with Adamo on the mod he does have a point. Unlike that guy in the other thread about the low miles who went completely off topic, this thread involved taking the emblems off the trunk. I said it looks good, adam said it doesnt...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by subinf
Why didnt I get bashed for giving my opinion? As much as I disagree with Adamo on the mod he does have a point. Unlike that guy in the other thread about the low miles who went completely off topic, this thread involved taking the emblems off the trunk. I said it looks good, adam said it doesnt...
Because you arent making judgments on people for doing it AND this isnt the first, second or third time he has piped in with his unwanted opinion and criticized someone for showing creativity with THEIR car.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
One on the right for me

In other threads his posts werent exactly pleasant...I think he got the point. He wasnt saying anything bad about the people who do this, just that he didnt see the point of the mod.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Burning Brakes

if you don't see the point, then don't post. unless u are a hater. u don't have to post an opinion for everything you see. especially when most people are half your age & have a different style.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

ya'll need to chiiiiiiill.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
One on the right for me

ililillilillilil-I think he should post his opinion, albiet in a nice way. Some people might search and have this thread come up and only see the positives of taking the badges off and might want some perspective on why some members decided to keep them on. If done without name calling I having both sides will aid all those who have questions about it.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Racer

There are tons of things that people have done to their cars on here that are very, very cool.....things I never would have thought of. But there are a few things that go over the edge if you ask me and are being done just to do something and not add anything to the car.

xtin...first off I don't even know if you "debadged" your car or not. I have looked at your mods very closely and like all the ones I have seen. If you "debadged", I don't think that looks great...but again, my opinion.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, it's just when I see a thread about something that I think is weird I have a tendency to chime in. I mean, even you would have to think that the guy that sanded the airbag warning off his visor has gone completely over the edge....or maybe not ???

All of this is all subjective anyway....what looks good to one person can look like crap to another. The only thing that matters is if YOU like the way YOUR car looks. I never insulted you but you obviously felt the need to make some subtle insults....so whatever. If I do something to my car that someone thinks is dumb...well, that's their opinion and they are entitled to it.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Some people sure know how to screw up a thread for someone who just asked a simple question. And he didn't ask for opinions, just about the holes in the trunk. If you want to give opinions that's fine as long as they do not become overly abrasive and generate abusive replies.

Rather than answer the question, you subverted the thread to suit you own particular needs to interact with people in your own peculiar fashions.

Since ubnpast has gotten the answer to his questions and this thread will serve no further purpose on his behalf, it is now