Dealers in Chicago west 'burbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004 | 09:33 PM
Advanced

Question Dealers in Chicago west 'burbs

Hey guys,

in a couple of months I will move to Chicago (west suburbs), and I want to ask if there is any local dealer that would like to reccomend. I would like to hear any horror or "happy" stories, especially regarding their service depertment (thankfully I will not have to deal with dealers for a few years!!!)
Old 04-29-2004 | 08:03 AM
Advanced

I ordered my TL from Continental Acura of DuPage. They are currently located in Lisle but are moving to Naperville (I think in May). I negotiated my purchase price and options (after shopping with 4 other area dealers) via e-mail with Greg Pew, the internet manager, then stopped by the dealership to sign the paperwork. So far, so good. Very easy to work with.

Good luck!
Old 04-29-2004 | 09:17 AM
Need a WHAmbulance

I have had great luck with McGrath Acura of Westmont.

Talk with Kevin McGrath (Internet Manager)
Old 04-29-2004 | 09:32 AM
Advanced

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 04-29-2004 | 11:00 AM
10th Gear

I purchased from Woodfield Acura. They were professional and easy to work with. Good luck with your move to the area and your TL purchase.
Old 04-29-2004 | 11:53 AM
Racer

woodfield, palatine acura.

demand at least 2k off MSRP on non-navi
Old 04-29-2004 | 12:30 PM
Advanced

Ok! Maybe I need to clear out that I already own a '04TL, so I am mainly interested on the service department of the local dealerships. But this is an interesting feedback in any case. I believe that a good dealership should have all the departments up to specific standards.
Old 04-29-2004 | 12:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

I highly recommend the McGrath Group. I bought mine from McGrath Acura in Glenview. They are the largest Acura dealership in the Midwest (at least from what they told me) but their service is outstanding. They've always given me a free loaner car (always a new TL) whenever I wanted--even at the very last minute. They also give me discounts on accessories. Best dealership I've ever been in--and I've owned Lexus, BMW, MB, and Infiniti.
Old 04-29-2004 | 02:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Got mine from Woodfield Acura, easy to deal with, happy with my car! Got a good price on the most popular combination Anthracite/Ebony/6MT/Navi
Old 04-29-2004 | 03:12 PM
3rd Gear

McGrath in Westmont has the best deals. I got my TL for the same lease price as Continental Acura was offering on a TSX. Very easy purchase. Free car washes, great service department. Talk to Dean Wareh. Tell him C Mitchel sent you.
Old 04-29-2004 | 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Bypass Chicago and go to Acura of Brookfield, west of Milwaukee.
Old 04-26-2005 | 03:27 PM
6th Gear

McGrath Acura in Westmont

The service department @ McGrath has always done a professional job for the 3 acura's that I've owned. I would recommend them.
Old 04-26-2005 | 07:12 PM
Senior Moderator

holy 1 year thread bump
Old 04-27-2005 | 09:30 AM
Cruisin'

Got mine from Ed Napleton in Elmhurst. Good price, staff, and overall dealer service. I've had A and B1 service done so far, no complaints.
Old 04-27-2005 | 10:02 AM
Car Addict

Arlington Acura
Palatine

Not afraid to give loaner cars.
Old 04-27-2005 | 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Continental does all my service... very professional
Old 12-18-2005 | 11:48 PM
10th Gear

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Just moved to IL (Wheaton) from Boston and am coming up on my 30K mile service. Need to find trustworthy and capable Acura service. Looks like Lisle is closest to me and Westmont is on the way to my office. Both do loaners?
Old 12-19-2005 | 06:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 04bluetl
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Just moved to IL (Wheaton) from Boston and am coming up on my 30K mile service. Need to find trustworthy and capable Acura service. Looks like Lisle is closest to me and Westmont is on the way to my office. Both do loaners?
Nice! Wheaton is a good area, I lived in Winfield and recently moved to West Chicago. Around where in Wheaton do you live? Continental Acura of Naperville has a great service dept.
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:49 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

My brother lives in Wheaton. Very nice neighborhood.

If you see a blue Audi TT around that's him. (Probably the only TT around that area)
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:31 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by cTLgo
Nice! Wheaton is a good area, I lived in Winfield and recently moved to West Chicago. Around where in Wheaton do you live? Continental Acura of Naperville has a great service dept.
West Chicago is great. We looked for houses there as well (and Naperville, St. Charles, Geneva, Elmhurst, etc.) so we were all over the place. We're just north of the Danada area in Wheaton. I've read other posts on Continental Acura of Naperville but not on service related matters, more on sales. Thanks for the testimonial.
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PetesTL
I highly recommend the McGrath Group. I bought mine from McGrath Acura in Glenview. They are the largest Acura dealership in the Midwest (at least from what they told me) but their service is outstanding. They've always given me a free loaner car (always a new TL) whenever I wanted--even at the very last minute. They also give me discounts on accessories. Best dealership I've ever been in--and I've owned Lexus, BMW, MB, and Infiniti.
It's my job to give you my experience.

McGrath is horrid. They can't fix anything and their sales staff is a joke. Explain to me how you lose a cash sale? Because they had too big an ego.

The manager gave me a joke of an offer on the TL and a trade in. Did the usual dickering and decided that they jerked me around. They wanted me to wait weeks for an '05 in mid '05 because they didnt have my color and didnt want a dealership trade. There was plenty more to the story, but I just left and bought it in cash at another dealership that knew customer service.

FYI, they barely have acura loaners and they make excuses why they take too long on service.
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:36 PM
Car Addict

We have friends who live off of Danada and Naperville Road, nice area.
Old 12-20-2005 | 12:49 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TCMS

McGrath is horrid. They can't fix anything and their sales staff is a joke. Explain to me how you lose a cash sale? Because they had too big an ego.

The manager gave me a joke of an offer on the TL and a trade in. Did the usual dickering and decided that they jerked me around. They wanted me to wait weeks for an '05 in mid '05 because they didnt have my color and didnt want a dealership trade. There was plenty more to the story, but I just left and bought it in cash at another dealership that knew customer service.

FYI, they barely have acura loaners and they make excuses why they take too long on service.

You obviously have dealt with them in the past and just got pissed at that they wouldn't give you the price you wanted and left. Now you have a bad taste left...it happens. However, you can't fault them for inventory issues...not surprising you had to wait on a car that continues to fly off the lots across the country...not sure what your exact issue with their service department was; if you would have had a loaner (like they would have given you if you were nice) this would not be an issue.

I bought my 04 TL in June of 2004...got a better price than what Continental was offering and have had no issues with the car...I think McGrath was great! You need to be an educated consumer to shop there; every dealership in the US is going to screw you if they can, you HAVE to be willing to haggle and play the game and eventually I got a great price..got great service and feel they are a dealership that really cares about their customers.

I have had my oil changed 2 times where I was able to get a loaner car for it....plenty of them as long as you make an appointment ahead of time. Add free car washes and a customer service network card (from McGrath) that gets you discounts on a lot of local restaurants, bars, golf etc. I would recommend McGrath to anyone I know....no problems here!
Old 12-20-2005 | 12:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TCMS

I'd have to second that. First of all I believe that McGrath of Glenview and McGrath of Westmont are not the same "McGraths" They are brothers I believe but the dealerships are not associated.

My experience with McGrath of Glenview was that they thought/felt I probably couldn't afford a TL so I waited 20 minutes to get service. The guy that actually helped was really new and didn't know much about the car.

My experience with McGrath of Westmont was horrible. I agreed upon a dollar amount over invoice over the phone and gave them my credit card for a deposit. When I can in to fill out the paperwork the invoice was "locked in finance" for the weekend and they tried to give me some BS price...granted it was only $200 more than what I expected I was pissed off at them trying to pull one over on me. I would not recommend their sales staff at all. I do not have any experience with their service department.
Old 12-20-2005 | 01:27 PM
Safety Car

I had a similar horrible experience at McGrath. I actually pulled up (two years ago) in my '02 TL Type S to test drive a used M3 on the lot. No one approached us, and it took me and my friend actually going into the dealership, finding a saleman (all seemed reluctant to help us) and actually get him to get the keys out. Then, when we wanted to drive it, he said he didn't really let people take the M3's out for joy rides. I asked him how he expected to sell a car that no one drove .. what... do people just come and fork out cash for used M3's without driving them?? I didn't think so.

My buddy ended up buying a brand new one from another dealership that day ... too bad for McGrath I guess.
Old 12-20-2005 | 01:28 PM
Safety Car

My experience was the McGrath at Westmont .. and unfortunatly I cannot attest to their service dept.
Old 12-21-2005 | 11:56 AM
Advanced

I had a great sales experience with Chris at Joe Rizza Acura in Tinley Park. Told them my price and they met it. You will almost always get a better price outside of Dupage county, especially at MacGrath and Continenetal since they area affluent suburbs.

ML
Old 12-21-2005 | 12:05 PM
Racer

I had a great experience with Woodfield Acura's sales department.

FYI - They handwash their cars. The McGrath Westmont dealer has the "soft cloth" carwash.