Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Forum Members

Just wanted to say Thank You to the Forum members who purchased Tl's this week 5 to be exact. and to the others I am waiting to get cars for thanks for the opportunity. I appreciate it..enjoy your new cars. Look forward to putting a few more under your Christmas tree this month..Dan at Keyes Acura 818-907-4103 direct line or main dealership line ( ask for me to be paged) 818-782-1120 Have faith the NAVI'S are coming soon....
Old 12-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Perhaps A-TL.com should have a dealers' area where folks can offer us a deal? The TOV has a similar setup. Just a thought. That way, Hondarc51 doesn't get beaten up for looking for a little business...I have no prob with what you're doing.

As for "finding the best interest rate", my dealer here in Cleveland was willing to find it for me and I knew what it was prior to my making the final deal. I am lucky to have a dealer I feel I can work with, I know others haven't had this pleasure. Who cares if the dealer gets a little money for referring to a bank that offers a good interest rate? That's business. In my case, I did my research and the dealer actually beat MY OWN BANK, referring me to a major national bank! So I happily went with dealer financing. I guess I'm saying I agree with drrising in that I came prepared and was willing to work with my salesmen. We were satisfied with our transaction, and I continue to be more than thrilled with my car.

I will admit to paying MSRP for the car...but it was worth it for being the first in my city, and one of the first in the country, to have this awesome car. I don't care that I didn't get some amount off MSRP, I'm too busy driving to worry about that.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Instructor

neuronbob

Actually I have not been given a hard time. I was told by a longtime cutomer of ours (acuraddict) that this forum was full of interested educated clients that might be looking for someone who could deal in a straight forward manner. (seems to be what most people have a hard time finding) All of the members who have called me at the office since I joined the forum have actually been great. I have even had a few conversations with a few people from WAY out of state and even though I may not personally sell them a car at least I learned a few things about what the "public" thinks about the car and have in a few cases been able to call their local dealer due to my contacts and have helped a few with their purchase at other dealers. and YES have even sold a few to the clients in my area. I am a true car enthusiast ( as proven by my photo gallery) and one thing I learned a long time ago..networking is KEY..even though I now run a Sales Department I am still a "salesman" always will be. I enjoy meeting the clients and talking cars. I happen to get paid on every sale that the dealership does so it is not the money for me..it is the competition streak in me..I like to work at the dealership that sells the most cars..back in 1987 I Knew that the internet would become an important part in the car sales arena..( many fought it early and still are) over the Years it has become key. I know that our dealership sells 30-40 cars a month to the Internet client..the top 20 dealers in the Country are usually 30-40 cars apart by the end of the Year so every deal counts. As for your deal...I am very similiar to you I do not mind paying MSRP to be the first guy on the block with the newest toy..I personally do not have enough time to shop all over for the best deal. That is why the Internet is so useful.....it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse..Not to mention neuronbob a few comments by a select few will not intimidate me. those that have done a deal or know me will tell you I am very straight forward and not easily bothered by that sort of stuff. Hope you are enjoying your TL..until next time Dan
Old 12-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: neuronbob

Originally posted by HONDARC51
Actually I have not been given a hard time. I was told by a longtime cutomer of ours (accuraaddict) that this forum was full of interested educated clients that might be looking for someone who could deal in a straight forward manner.
Just for clarification purposes, he's referring to me "acuraddict", not "acura addict"
Old 12-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Instructor

acuraddict

Opps..hey I never said spelling was my strongpoint..lol :wow:
Old 12-04-2003, 03:55 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd just like to say that from what I've just read, Dan you have impressed me. I've had my good & bad dealings with car salesmen, and you seem to be a genuinely good guy.

I'd like to ask you something that may be a little off topic however. How bad of a depreciation hit would I take if I traded in my 03 CL-S6 right now? It has 5600 miles and honestly looks as good as it did when it came off the truck. Couple of very minor scratches/chips, but nothing that cant be touched up without ever knowing they were there. I am looking into the 04 TL's, but I wont be able to afford one if I lose a ton on my CL. I owe $28.7k on the CL.

I'm in Michigan, so obviously thats a little too far away to buy a car from you, but I would appreciate the advice a ton.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Instructor

jtkz13

Thank you. To answer your question. trading in this early would probably not be the best thing. The TL is still really hot and your CL as you know has been discontinued..the good news give it a little time and the market for the used CL will grow. ( will help you trade in time) Usually if you trade this early you end up losing the tax and license fees..(not to mention the depreciation) As you know the depreciation is the worst the first Year you buy the car. Acura has a dealer incentive on the new 2003 CL left overs now so that will also hurt your trade in due to the fact that a new one can be bought for a good deal. My advice stay in the car till you pay more toward the principal and then trade when the 2004 Alocations become better. I hope that helps answer your question. Enjoy your CL it is a great car. until next time Dan
Old 12-04-2003, 06:21 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the honest opinion. I just went to the local Acura dealer today and came back with some sobering numbers. hey offered $20k for it. :wow: :o To me thats very depressing, but I can understand why.

Looks like I'll enjoy my 1 of 2700 6 speed CL-S for a while.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Instructor

question for you...

I've read in a 04 TL ad on a magazine that the first 3 months, the service is free when you bring it in. I can't find that ad anymore, but I would like to hear your comment on free service, how many time, how long... etc. Is this true or not and is this a dealer thing or a factory thing.

If you can reply on my thread "1st Service", I would greatly appreciate it.

I figured to get the best answer to this is through you since you are the MAN at Keyes.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Instructor

ulangca

I've read in a 04 TL ad on a magazine that the first 3 months, the service is free when you bring it in. I can't find that ad anymore, but I would like to hear your comment on free service, how many time, how long... etc. Is this true or not and is this a dealer thing or a factory thing

To answer your question..I have never heard of free service for the first three months. It may have been some special a dealer ran in the paper to try and strike up sales..The factory does not have any free service. Some other manufacturers do..but that is usually due to slow sales or to push a certain model. I have been with acura 6 Years and have never seen any factory program like this issued. hope that answered thequestion.. Dan at Keyes Acura:wow:
Old 12-09-2003, 08:27 AM
8th Gear

Good morning all you acura owners! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ive ordered a Anthracite/Quartz TL with 6 speed and it looks like it will get here ~ Dec 20th. Dealer had to "trade" with another one to get that car which leads me to my point. We have 2 Acura dealers in the local area one quoted me a lease price of $480 a month with $1,700 down and the other quoted $524 a month with no down. BOTH wanted sticker for purchase or lease.

Both leases were well above what the Acura website lists $459 for a 42 month lease, zero down, 15k. Am I getting taken here?

Do leases have any wiggle room? Since Im having the dealer order one do I basically lose my ability to haggle?

Both dealers were pleasant enough (although one tried to convince my wife we had to pay property tax on both cars unless we finished the deal by Dec 31) but both seemed completely unwilling to budge off that 32k sticker.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Instructor

You should be able to deal on a lease also. I live in NJ and got mine for 600 off MSRP on a lease.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Cruisin'

Good afternoon everyone. New to the forum!

mikejulie on your quote from the dealers did they include the taxes since the acura site does not include tax. You can attempt to negotiate the price just like any other purchase but depending on your area with supply and demand, you may have to pay the MSRP.

congrats on your order, you will be pleased when the car arrives!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:14 PM
6th Gear

HONDARC51,

I recently came into Keyes this past Sunday and test drove the TL, it is a great car, i talked to Mark i think, the guy from NJ, i want either a black or "charcol" w/grey or black and Navi...problem is i have a 01' IS300 w/about 10k in upgrades; carbon fiber hood, lips all around, intake ect; my parents have bought to Lexus' fron Keyesis there any way you guys would pay the pay off on the lease and then what does a lease go for on the car?

Thanks
Dan
Old 12-11-2003, 02:31 AM
Instructor

BigDog0598

BigDog0598

Call me in the office and I can get the specifics on your Lexus. We own 2 Lexus dealerships so I am sure against the TL I can offer more than any other acura dealer..I will be in the office until 4 tomorrow. 818-907-4103 (Thursday) will be in meetings from 12-1 but any other time good. I will see if I can help you out. Dan at Keyes Acura
Old 12-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Inventory Update 12/11/2003

Just thought I would update the forum on Inventory allocation for today. I have all the colors in the Premium TL (non NAVI) I also have a few 6 speeds. (1) black/black (6 speed manual no Navi) (1) Silver/Ebony 6 speed with high performance tire package. (2) 1-Black /camel and 1-black/black 6 speed navigation with high performance tires. I will be in the office till 4 today (Thursday) 1-9 Friday 12-9 Saturday and 9:45-5:30 Sunday

Note:6 speed cars are incoming but can be sold. should hit lot within 5-10 days. (Usually sell before they come in) Have a great weekend Dan Non Navi Premium 's are in stock
Old 12-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mikejulie
Good morning all you acura owners! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ive ordered a Anthracite/Quartz TL with 6 speed and it looks like it will get here ~ Dec 20th. Dealer had to "trade" with another one to get that car which leads me to my point. We have 2 Acura dealers in the local area one quoted me a lease price of $480 a month with $1,700 down and the other quoted $524 a month with no down. BOTH wanted sticker for purchase or lease.

Both leases were well above what the Acura website lists $459 for a 42 month lease, zero down, 15k. Am I getting taken here?

Do leases have any wiggle room? Since Im having the dealer order one do I basically lose my ability to haggle?

Both dealers were pleasant enough (although one tried to convince my wife we had to pay property tax on both cars unless we finished the deal by Dec 31) but both seemed completely unwilling to budge off that 32k sticker.
If you PM me, I will send you an Excel spreadsheet to help with your lease payment. Remember, the Acura website is WITHOUT your state sales tax. Also keep in mind the components of a lease such as the residual will change from month to month. Another component of a lease is the moneyfactor/interest rate which is based on your credit rating/beacon score.

Whether you lease or you buy, you still negotiate what you will "pay" for the car. Personally, I think you're crazy for paying MSRP on a non-navi car right now. Discounts are out there for the buyer.

As for ordering a car, I would think that a dealer would negotiate a price for this as well. In fact, a dealer close to me merely wants to make a sale whether it be ordering it or choosing one from their inventory or dealer locating one.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:07 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Dan, just called ya about 11am today... u were busy but ur assistant answered... left my info with him... i 'm lookin for silver/quartz or black/quartz AT with navi....

thanx

sam singh
Old 12-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Instructor

SAM

Who did you talk to at my office..I have more than a few "assistants". I did not get anything from them today..I will be in the office 11-9 on Friday. call me during the day. If I happen to be on the other line just call me back I will be in the office all day. Dan
Old 12-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Dan,

Why is the Red/Ebony//5AT/Navi so scarce? I am waiting until the end of Feb. to get one.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by Bartman
Dan,

Why is the Red/Ebony//5AT/Navi so scarce? I am waiting until the end of Feb. to get one.
'Cause the lack of Navi??
Old 12-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Bartman

Automatic Navi's are very scarce right now in general. The red color most dealers in the early part of the year were skeptical about wanting because the color in the swatches we got from Acura did not do the color the justice it deserves. When the dealers saw what the actual color looked like on the TL they requested more of that color to be produced by the factory. TL navi allocations should be pretty slow all Year.so if a dealer can get you one you better grab it. Beware of the salesman that offer major deals..many are stringing people along..(Some saying they will deal in a few months if you wait (BEWARE) if someone gets you a Navi just get it.. Dan
Old 12-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Instructor

Thanks Dan,

That makes me feel better about paying MSRP(ouch).
Old 12-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Bartman

No problem Bartman..for the money you are making a great decision. you will enjoy the car and for 35195 you cannot go wrong. even with other manufacturers doing big discounts to move slow product..the Acura is still the most Bang for the buck in the segment. Dan

addition. A few People have sent me a few e-mails about my Z06 with the Vortech Supercharging system. here is a pic as requested..By the way Vortech also has a few systems for Acura can add 125+HP..just think of the fun you would have with that much more under the hood..can you say TORQUE steer. lol
Old 12-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Instructor

Dan. That mil looks mint. Think it would fit in an 04TL? ha ha--just kidding. How many horses at the rear wheels: 500? NathanSilver
Old 12-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Instructor

NathanSilver

Nathan
Just the supercharger alone puts out about 150 horsepower. I also am running nitrous on the car 100 Horsepower shot. so total the car running about 650HP But I am not done yet more to come..(hope sales are good in 2004) lol:wow:
Old 12-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Dan, that is awesome. Your Corvette is sweet. Is the NOS system the type that kicks in at 3500 RPM, so long as minimum fuel pressure requirements are met?
NathanSilver
Old 12-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Cruisin'

Dan,

I'm looking for an Anthracite/ebony with Navi... and want to purchase the car between th 19th of this month, but before the 4th of the new year... is there anyway you can tell me if you would have this in stock by then, and if you will, I would like to go in and talk to you..
Old 12-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Instructor

NathanSilver

The Nos bottle is controlled by a button..It only comes on when I want it. I push the button and the shot is injected. I have run the other form on my last vette..but it is a little more controllable when it is humanly activated. (I never trusted computer controlled traction control and ABS) I turn all the computer controlled stuff off when I get in anyway. I just figure if I make a mistake I can only blame myself not a computer. lol But to answer your other question FUEL PRESSURE is bigtime monitored for that is the biggest problem most people have that as you know can make a major BAM sound followed by very expensive internal parts becoming we let us say..destroyed.. lol
Old 12-13-2003, 03:17 AM
Instructor

tazma61

I should be able to get one in that timeframe. But you need to call me and give me numbers to reach you at..I do not take deposits from customers..I just post the new arrival cars and vin numbers on a board when I get them from Acura and my 15 hungry sales people start pounding the phones to call the customers that they have that have wanted said vehicle.. and then first come first serve. (Believe it or not this works much better for you the client because you will know that I do not due the "who should I call first that will pay more for the car trick") (alot of dealers do that)..are you suprised..lol. the advantage you will have..I get that info first..so call me this weekend and I can get your numbers to call you ASAP when I get one. I have found over the years that it is not good to just take deposits and string people along like other places do..I call you when I have a car...you come in you sign (then I take a 500 deposit)...then I call in a week or so when the car physically hits the lot and you drive off with your new car. I do not take any money until I have a car for you..look forward to your call
Old 12-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Cruisin'

Dan,

Another question... there is a thread on this forum talking about lowering the car one inch with the Eibach Pro Kit and then adding an adjustable camber arm... The main question in about the camber arm... I know the new A-Spec is suppose to be lowered 1.2 inches with the new shocks and the springs... Does it also come with a new camber arm that would correct the camber for lowering the vehicle?
Old 12-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Cruisin'

One more question.... Lowering the car does void the warranty.. right? Is there anyway I can have the acura service department do the lowering and the alignment and still keep the warranty? Thanks for all your help!
Old 12-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
tazma61,

I'd also like to add that in Massachusetts, a car can fail inspection if its ride is noticeable lower than the stock ride height.
I recently had this hassle with my 1990 Honda Accord that I had lowered 1.75".

My question is, if the car is lowered by the dealer with the installation of the A-Spec package, does this become the new "stock" ride height?

Also, if the car is lowered by Comptech with the installation of their parts, does this become the new "stock" ride height?
Old 12-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Instructor

TL-Rocket

Depending on the State different laws apply concerning modifications. what most guys do is keep the stock stuff and when the car needs to be inspected they put the stock stuff back on..then change back after it is inpected. I have done that for years concerning my modified exhaust and headers that I run on my Vette. (but shhh that is a secret) lol Concerning the A-spec package..you should have no problem with passing all the local laws on ride height. It is a factory approved modification that is 50 state legal. So to answer your question...get the A-spec and you should have no problem passing the local laws concerning height and smog..happy motoring. Dan
Old 12-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Just spoke to Dan over the phone. I called after reading the numerous threads and luckily got right through! Thanks for the chat Dan about leasing!

To anyone...

Re: A-Spec, when is this going to be available? I read somewhere that the total upgrade package will run about $6K. Will the new A-Spec be faster?

Maybe I'll just wait until the A-Spec is available, then buy.

Nick
Old 12-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Nickerz

Nice to talk to you as well. OK.. the A-spec question. We just installed the first one on an RSX. We should be getting the A-spec for the TL within the next month or so. The A-spec package looks great on the RSX..so I look forward to seeing what the TL will look like with all the Factory Modifications on it. Look in this months Autoweek they have a whole article about the A-spec for Acura..until next time Dan
Old 12-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Racer

Dan:

In New Jersey there is a $157 Documentary Fee on the sales contract when buying or leasing a car. As far as I know it's on every contract in New Jersey. It's broken down in the following way: Clerical Expense $78; Document Delivery Service $54; Computer Time $25. Are any of these fees on all California contracts? I seem to remember some posters here feeling that everyone in NJ is getting ripped off for $157 everytime a car is purchased. What are your thoughts? Are there any extra automatic fees in California contracts besides DMV and sales tax?
Old 12-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
California Fees:
I got charged a "document prep fee" of $45. They made it clear that this was not a government fee. (ie the dealer charged it.)

I got charged sales tax (7.25%) - $2482.40.

I got charged Licensing Fees (DMV stuff) - $266.

I got charged "California Tire Fees" of $5.00
Old 12-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Instructor

gregory28

I am familiar with the fees you are mentioning. I am originally from New York and they charge similiar fees. We have a $45 Documentation fee in California that pays for doing the DMV paperwork (office labor fee). In your state that does not sound outrageous for dealer fees that they are charging. it is up to the dealer what "other" fees they charge but I would not be concerned seems normal for NJ. hope that helped you..Dan
Old 12-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Instructor

concerning the far distance one..

I have been getting a few calls from people in Northern California and out of the State about Navi TL's. It is almost impossible to be able to fill those orders because I sell most of the Navi's before they hit the ground. I am just barely able to keep up on the cars the"locals" want. So I do not mind talking to a client from far away but if it is on a Navi TL I may not be able to get a car..Dan
I have also started to hear some really crazy numbers some dealers are throwing on Navi's..from my end I do not see any major discounting on that particular model. and as I have stated before..BEWARE of the empty promises when I guy throws you a crazy number..right now on a TL NAVI if you find one buy it..do not pause or they will sell it. Dan

Quick Reply: From a Dealer guy..Dan at Keyes Acura