3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer experiences in Southern California (LA County)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer experiences in Southern California (LA County)

Hey all:

I know that I posted regularly in the Bay Area dealer experiences thread, but since I just found out I am traveling to SoCal for businses next week, I might as well get as many comments about Southern California Acura dealerships as I can.

I've sent email to Dan at Keyes Acura, but I'm looking for opinions about other dealerships, including the salesperson/manager you spoke with and the pricing that you were able to obtain.

In particular, I am looking for an 04 TL AT in Anthracite/Ebony + Navi. Most dealers in Northern California aren't expecting these until their next allocation.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I bought at Cerritos Acura, not a bad experience, not stellar either. I have got my service done at South Coast Acura. Dynamite service department. I have not heard many good things about Mission Viejo Acura.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Instructor

question for topgum

Hey topgum, do you get a loaner from South Coast Acura when you go there for service???
Old 12-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Keyes is my first choice..David Mills is the salesman I recommend..tell him that the guy who he keeps copying his Acura buying decisions from sent you. He'll know who you mean.

Daniel at Cerritos is a very decent guy. He got me my 04 TL w/navi last month. Keyes didn't have the White Diamond Pearl with Navi that I wanted, so I took Daniels offer.

Good luck
Old 12-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Racer

Acura 101 in Calabasas (West of L.A.) has a very large inventory. When I showed them I had all the figures and told them what I wanted to pay and what they had to throw in to make the deay, they accepted without the slightest argument! It was fabulous. Go see Al Herbst.

If you are on the East side of LA, go to Sierra Acura (south of Pasadena). William Lam not only gave us a deal on our TSX when no others were dealing, he showed me how other dealers were cheating us by jacking up the interest rate while quoting a low selling price. They were wonderful to deal with.

I no longer trust Keyes.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:29 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Thanks so much for your many posts... too bad everybody seems to have their own varied opinion of each dealership -- hard to narrow do who to go to!

That just means I'll need to find the dealer out of all of these who has the one I want and try to buy from him.

Keep them coming!
Old 12-01-2003, 08:31 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Oh, I should say that I will be working in Monterey Park for a week, so I think Sierra Acura is the closest one. I, however, have no qualms about driving to other area dealerships to find the best price.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Cerritos will be pretty close to you in Monterey Park...and they have a very large inventory in many cases. High volume dealer.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:35 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

No luck at Sierra Acura -- they also said that they called around for a customer and no one has the Anthracite/Ebony. Popular car! :-(
Old 12-02-2003, 02:59 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

For anyone else who is looking for a 5AT Anthracite Metallic w/ Navi, here are the expected days of arrival for these dealerships.

Most are saying no more than $500 off MSRP on these cars if they're rolling off the truck.

Sierra Acura 1/24/2003
Santa Monica 12/17/2003
Metro Acura
Weir Canyon Acura 1/24/2003
Acura 101 West 1 month
South Coast Acura 12/25/2003
Tustin Acura Week-10 days
Acura of Riverside 12-20 days
Valencia Acura

Elk Grove Acura
Modesto
Oakland
Old 12-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Instructor

lORE

I will check my e-mail in the morning to get your note you sent. Navi TL anthracite is real scarce all over right now. Best bet first guy that can get the car grab it. call me in the office tomorrow. 818-907-4103 after 10 AM we can talk. I have a few requests for that exact car already but I willing to see what I can do. they usually sell pretty fast if it is a Navigation model. Dan at Keyes Acura
Old 12-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TopGum
I have not heard many good things about Mission Viejo Acura.
I bought my TL at Mission Viejo. My experience was completely pleasant, and I paid $800 under MSRP with minimal haggling. I have no complaints whatsoever, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

I highly recommend this dealer. http://weircanyonacura.com/index2.htm
Loaners are always available. No high-pressure sales. They seem to have a good inventory and they will work with you on price. My '03 TLS Nav was $31,800.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:04 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally posted by Steve TLS
I highly recommend this dealer. http://weircanyonacura.com/index2.htm
Loaners are always available. No high-pressure sales. They seem to have a good inventory and they will work with you on price. My '03 TLS Nav was $31,800.
Do you remember your salesperson? I've been working with Kelli (Fleet mgr) and she seems very nice and honest who seems to be willing to put in a little bit of work to try to locate one for me. However, being that there aren't any available anywhere, it's a tough call.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Cruisin'

Lore

I just dealt with Kelli at Wier Caynon ( Anth/5aT/no navi), it was the best/easiest deal I've ever made. I honestly drove past three closer Acura dealers because of how cool she was. I know a lot of your choice will be determined by availability, but if Kelli gets one in, please tell her that Aaron Miller sent you. I can't speak highly enough of her!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Instructor

i got mine at cerritos acura only because they had the only anthracite/ebony with navi in southen cali at the time.

****I JUST GOT A CALL FROM MISSION VIEJO ACURA ABOUT 3 MINUTES AGO TO LET ME KNOW THEY JUST GOT AN ANTHRACITE/EBONY 5AT WITH NAVI****
Old 12-02-2003, 02:00 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Well there's someone I haven't called! (MV) I bet that car is going to go fasssst.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Lore......

Please check your private message box as I have just sent you one.
Thanks,
brucedeb1
Old 12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: Lore......

Originally posted by brucedeb1
Please check your private message box as I have just sent you one.
Thanks,
brucedeb1
Responded!

For those of you who were wondering, I called around and got that information...
Old 12-02-2003, 09:22 PM

Lore......Thanks for the information.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Lore
Do you remember your salesperson? I've been working with Kelli (Fleet mgr) and she seems very nice and honest who seems to be willing to put in a little bit of work to try to locate one for me. However, being that there aren't any available anywhere, it's a tough call.
No I don't remember.
I don't think it's the sales people that make the difference. I think it's the management. Weir Canyon seems to be well managed. Even at the Honda lot (next door), I get treated like someone special and I'm not.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Got mine at Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim, CA. Salesperson was Jason. He was cool and was able to work with me even though I didn't have a lot for a down payment.

Manage to get the $800 below MSRP.

Silver - Gray interior - AT - nonNAV
Old 12-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Advanced

down or pay in full?

Originally posted by ulangca
Got mine at Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim, CA. Salesperson was Jason. He was cool and was able to work with me even though I didn't have a lot for a down payment.

Manage to get the $800 below MSRP.

Silver - Gray interior - AT - nonNAV
does anyoneknow if paying in full at the time of purchase will get you better deal on the car? For example, non financing thru Honda, but paying with check...
Old 12-05-2003, 10:41 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: down or pay in full?

I wondered about this too, but when I was talking to Kelli at Weir Canyon, she told me that when they sell a car to someone they consider whether they can make some money off the financing, whether they can make some money off the servicing of the car, etc, which leads me to believe that when you finance through American Honda the dealership makes a little bit of money, so they have less incentive to lower the price.

If Dan Carlton of Keyes Acura can chime in...

Originally posted by saltyFISHscales
does anyoneknow if paying in full at the time of purchase will get you better deal on the car? For example, non financing thru Honda, but paying with check...
Old 12-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey Lore, what's going on with your purchase? Did you make a deal yet, or did I miss something?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I wish! I have not purchased anything yet. I won't be in LA until Sunday so I'll call around again to see if any came in.

Someone told me about a dealership up in the Bay Area that had it, but I'll be in LA that week so they may not want to hold it for me... we'll see.

Why do you ask? Do you have any info?

Originally posted by acuraddict
Hey Lore, what's going on with your purchase? Did you make a deal yet, or did I miss something?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately not. But I hope you find what you want soon. Dan Carlton at Keyes is the man. I've gotten 4 of my Acuras from him.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:58 AM

Thumbs up I finally got mine.

I posted this on another thread as well so as to inform as many of you as possible of a great dealer experience and price.
Picked up my Anthrocite/Quartz/5AT/Nav today. I recommend everyone looking for the best deal to give South Bay (Power) Acura a try. Ask for Brian Alegado (salesman) or Joey (sales mgr.) and tell them Bruce referred you. Truely great dealership experience.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:34 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

What is this Lo Jack thing you mention?

Like I posted in another thread, I just dropped 5 bills for a deposit today at Stevens Creek Acura for an Anthracite/Ebony + Navi coming in ~ Dec 18.

More details to come...
Old 12-07-2003, 01:37 AM

Lore

Lo Jack is the theft recovery tracking device. The lifetime model means that I can move it from this car to my next car for a small fee vs. just buying it for each car as I get it. A money saver. Better to pay once.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:16 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I am really excited... mine should be coming in pretty soon at Stevens Creek Acura up north, but since I'm in town, I really want to see if anyone's got it here for cheaper.

Brucedeb1 -- any qualms about your ride yet?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lore,

How much off MSRP did you get up north?

I've talked to three or so Orange County dealers recently and the Navi models are so scarce that it seems like they are not willing to go more than $500 off MSRP.

I'm going to try brucedeb1's contact tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:26 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Elroy:

Talk to Kelli at Weir Canyon, tell her that Kenneth referred you. If she asks who is Kenneth, tell her it's the guy she spoke with for a long time on the phone last Monday and who was coming down south for business this week and was going to look at TLs in the area...

Anyway, I'm not too comfortable posting the price I was offered since I haven't picked up the car yet, but it's closer to the 1k mark than not.

But seriously, talk to Kelli... she's very nice and will work with you.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:29 AM

Elroy

Please read your e-mail I just sent you. Important information.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:33 AM

Lore

Thanks for asking. I just picked it up tonight after a weekend in the service dept. waiting to be worked on today. The work is the installation of Lo Jack and the wood inserts. I have to say, I loved the car before I picked it up after my test drive. With the Wood inserts installed it is over the top! A world of difference from the "black plastic crap (IMHO)". I will post pics for everyone if interested how it looks. I won't have time though until the latest, Friday.
No issues so far, other than learning how to speak "navigator". A lot of what I say diverts to the climate control. I will either learn the right prompts or freeze trying
Regards,
Bruce
Old 12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Cruisin'

elroy,

see if you got the pm i sent you
Old 12-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lore

Originally posted by brucedeb1
Thanks for asking. I just picked it up tonight after a weekend in the service dept. waiting to be worked on today. The work is the installation of Lo Jack and the wood inserts. I have to say, I loved the car before I picked it up after my test drive. With the Wood inserts installed it is over the top! A world of difference from the "black plastic crap (IMHO)". I will post pics for everyone if interested how it looks. I won't have time though until the latest, Friday.
No issues so far, other than learning how to speak "navigator". A lot of what I say diverts to the climate control. I will either learn the right prompts or freeze trying
Regards,
Bruce
I definitely would like to see those pics. I think the wood looks great w/ the parchment and camel, but I can't imagine how it would look with the quartz. I think a darker, redder wood would fit the ebony/quartz interiors better...
Old 12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Lore

Brucedeb1,

How are you doing on the voice commands?

Lore,

Thanks for the Kelli info, I contacted her yesterday. They have 19 non-Navis in stock and zero Navs. And they have four coming in and only one of them is not spoken for (in a less attractive color - to me!).

I did mention your name.

Terps89,

Thanks for your help!

Everyone,

I must say in general, I haven't gotten this much help and info nefore buying a car in my life! It's great! Thanks to all...I guess you like me! You really like me!

Now if there was just one around...

Actually, it is starting to appear that I may be able to get one near the top of my color list in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:14 PM

wood inserts

It looks absolutely great. Better than I had hoped. I have now ordered the accent pieces. Not sure if I will place all 21 pieces. Could end up looking guady (spelling?). But it will definately add to the interior over all. I will post the pics by this weekend.
Everyone interested the guys that helped me with my deal are back in tomorrow, Wed. after 10a. Give them a call. They have promised to give the same deal that I got. And they don't just take your deposit money and forget about you. I was told two months, but got it via dealer trade in five weeks.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM

LORE

I posted these on another thread so I will only post a couple on this one. The wood inserts are great. The color works well IMHO with the Quartz. If you would like to see others e-mail me the request.
Did you get your car?

Quick Reply: Dealer experiences in Southern California (LA County)