Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer drop off check list?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Walk the walk

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Dealer drop off check list?

I plan to bring the car in to the dealer to because the memory module on the driver seat is bad. Seems like standard stuff, because of the service bulletin and vehicle identification number all make sense.

However, I bought the car used and never had it to this dealer. On the Maxima forum they have a whole check list of things you should do before dropping a car off for service.
Does anyone have a recommended SOP so that essentially you don’t walk into a snake trap.

I basically want to bring the car in, get the module replace and not pay a dime.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I'm not sure what your question is. Do you mean are there any special things we do before we drop off our cars? I always remove my E-ZPass, my cell phone, my sunglasses, any keys, and normally my radar detector (my car is in for the B service today and I just realized the radar detector is in the trunk....d'oh).
Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is on the list from the Maxima forum?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Walk the walk

from maxima forums

This is a rather detailed thread on how to deal with complaints with your vehicle and what to do if you suspect that it is a lemon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what you should do everytime you take your car to the dealership. It may seem like a pain in the a$$ but you will $ave your a$$ if you need to go to arbitration and/or court in the future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-Call the dealer to schedule a time to bring in your car and make sure to confirm this time over the phone. Tell the dealer what problem/s you have.

2-Write down who you spoke with, their extension, and the time and date. This will come in handy if things get bad in the future. Remember the worst pencil is better than the best memory. Do this for any voicemail messages you may leave too. This way you can say "I left a message on..."

3-Call up 1-800-Nissan-1 and push menu option #7...wait a few moments for the new menu greeting and push menu #4. This will get you over to Nissan consumer affairs. Have your Vin# ready or if this is a follow up have your case # ready.

4-Tell your Customer service rep (CSR) what your problem is and that you have scheduled a dealer appt and provide the details.

5-Repeat step 2 for the CSR.

6-When you arrive at the dealership write down the mileage into the dealership as well as any MPG info (this can tell you if you tech drove the car really hard or not, abuse).

7-When you come back to the dealership to pickup your car make sure the mileage out on your odometer actually matches what the paperwork says. Take your car out for a test drive with a service advisor to make sure they fixed your problems. If they didn't don't get too pissed but make them file another work order and DON'T sign the first workorder. Last thing you want to do is sign for something that was never fixed. This may seem like a hassle, but the dealer should fix it right the first time. This is why Nissan service sucks in so many places. If you take a stand the first time and be polite about it you should get the right service from that point on.

Also, the mileage out is the same as the in mileage yet in reality the dealer put on miles to test drive and find problems. Make sure that the service department gets the mileage right everytime. If the make corrections to your paperwork make sure that someone in service signs for it.

8-Keep all of this documentaion in a folder along with a little $0.79 notebook of phone call logs.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoot2Thrill
I basically want to bring the car in, get the module replace and not pay a dime.
You will as it's covered under the warranty...or am I missing something?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Walk the walk

Yes you are correct, yet I think the procedure on the Maxima site is a good model so if some bs happens you start on the right foot to get resolution.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Looks like a good CYA all purpose list. You might also want to walk the service writer around the car to note condition (optional). I don't think you need to call customer service at this point however.

Hope your repair goes well and is covered.