3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Discounts on new 04 TL's (with Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Discounts on new 04 TL's (with Nav)

I'm planning to buy an 04 TL w Nav, Deep Green Pearl w Parchment Interior. I live in Los Angeles. I'm wondering how much discount people are getting off MSRP?
Old 04-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Intermediate

I actually got a good price on my lease with Santa Monica. Not sure how much off MSRP it would convert to, but i think they are more willing to deal now. I live closer to Keyes acura but I hate them so much. Pushy, rude and they seem to be closer in attitude to used cars salesmen then luxury ones.

Talk to John Chang in Santa Monica. He's a good guy.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Wink Be a playa!

If you have no trade, try to get $2500 off MSRP inclusive of any dealer fees or dealer packages (ignore them). You probably won't get that much but it's a good place to start. Let them pull you up, kicking and screaming, a hundred at a time while they alternately come down off their high horse. If you can end up around $2,000 off MSRP, it will be a job well done and just about as good a deal as anyone has gotten here. That leaves them with about $1,000 profit plus their 2% factory hold-back. That's fair for a Navi. If no Navi, you might get them a couple hundred lower (profit). That translates to about $33,100 for a Navi or $30,800 - inclusive of ALL fees and charges except for sales tax and state tag fees.

I have heard people here quote prices below $30,000 but you must be wary of those quotes and make sure they are ALL INCLUSIVE of dealer fees and protection packages. Dealers love to pull those out of their butts at the last minute saying they are mandatory.

NOTHING is mandatory. Reject them. They are devices to get more money from you. The deal you end up with is what you BOTH agree to. Don't agree to those fees and don't let them horse you around. They will say, "We can't do anything about the dealer fee. It's pre-printed on the order. That's our charge for getting the car ready for you." When the buyer's order is presented to you, you can just cross this $495 pre-printed number off and say, "Easy come; easy go." and point out the bottom right hand side of the window sticker that says "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price $3x,xxx Includes dealer preparation and delivery."

That's how I see it.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:54 PM
10th Gear

I know people love to get great deals but there isnt really a ton of mark-up in things these days. Maybe 2000 or 2500...but realize this. That the factory hold back that you think the dealer still gets, doesnt come to them until months later, and only if they sell the qualifiying number of cars. And the sales people work solely off commision which is a percentage of the proffit not including hold back. So every dollar that you try and get off the price comes out of your salespersons pocket so just keep that in mind that they have to eat too. That being said.....on a non-navi....invoice is 30,100.