Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer buy back help

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer buy back help

I will be needing to sell my TL because of my job relocation and was offered a company car. I understand that taking the car to the dealer will result in a loss but was wondering if it is possible?

Do I basically just ask them if they are willing to do a dealer buy back?

Guess it would be a huge gain for them cause they will probably go back and sell it and make good profit on it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why don't you sell it yourself instead of having the dealer make money twice on the car?

I was offered a company car last year by my employer,my the reaction I had got me in an Acura dealership and I trade in my 2 year old Honda Odyssey EX after my boss told me that the our Corporate office wants all of us to drive company cars and they would save some money, which I consider pure bull when the car allowance is only $450/month and they pay for fuel and maintenance (I have to fork out insurance, licensing and car payments)

Then I told my boss and told him that if this is the only thing needed to get me fired to go ahead.

The way I look at it, I accepted a company car 9 years ago when I took on this job to accomodate my employer who had just leased a new car 3 months prior to my hiring as the former person did not fit the job. When I was hired I was told that I could have my choice of a company supplied car or an allowance but that it would really help them if I took on the company car.

Around here, if I get a company car parked in my driveway I have to give an extra $2,000 minimum in Income taxes per year to the Government (And that is with 5% or less personal car use)

On top of this, the company car is a piece of Impala.

I told my boss that they will have to fire me before I get into another company crap car.

Now that my 13.5 months old has been paid for 6 months ago, I plan on keeping it at least another 3 years.

Best of luck to you.

frenchnew

Originally Posted by TranTL
I will be needing to sell my TL because of my job relocation and was offered a company car. I understand that taking the car to the dealer will result in a loss but was wondering if it is possible?

Guess it would be a huge gain for them cause they will probably go back and sell it and make good profit on it.

Old 05-27-2006, 03:45 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TranTL

you will lose big time. best you try to sell it yourself even if you have to lower the price, it will be hell of a lot more than what the dealer will give you. honda products aren't that hard to sell.