3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn. I got two recall notices from Acura for my TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:35 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I took mine in last Friday to get the power steering issue addressed, but it still says open on Owner Link. The work order didn't include the windshield motor recall either since that wasn't in my recall section on Owner Link.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by BAT3STL
I just dropped my 05/TL at pohanka in Chantilly VA, I'm getting both of the recalls done tonight and got a TSX as a loaner, I always get good service from them, I'll let you all know how it went, when I get my car back, wish me luck.
Thank you so much. I would appreciate it. How long did they tell you it would be?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

One of the real PITA things with taking your car in to a shop or dealer for work is having to clean it out.. remove all of your stuff/junk you carry on board on a daily, normal basis. Flashlights, tools, cell phones/chargers, CD's, ammunition magazines, knives, voice recorders, etc. You have to get it all out, then remember the places you found best to put them when you get your car back and load it back up. Royal PITA.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
^ I can't stand having crap in my car. 4 things in my car at all times. Car info and maps in the glove box, sunglasses in the sunglass holder, big homemade kit with all my detailing supplies, and a big homemade first aid kit (both in the trunk). Other then that, nothing.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Maharajamd
^ I can't stand having crap in my car. 4 things in my car at all times. Car info and maps in the glove box, sunglasses in the sunglass holder, big homemade kit with all my detailing supplies, and a big homemade first aid kit (both in the trunk). Other then that, nothing.
When I take it to the dealer I remove my E-ZPass, my sunglasses, and my office keys (and an umbrella if it's raining). The most important thing is the E-ZPass, not because I might need it (I won't, as I have another for my other car) but because removing it ensures nobody else can use it.

I don't keep anything else in the car other than some CDs and tapes and two coasters in the cupholders. I've always liked to have a clean car and I don't understand how some people can throw crap all over the place. The trunk has a variety of junk in it (an air compressor, some reusable grocery bags, a stadium blanket), but I don't see that stuff so it doesn't bug me like stuff strewn about the interior would.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
When I take it to the dealer I remove my E-ZPass, my sunglasses, and my office keys (and an umbrella if it's raining). The most important thing is the E-ZPass, not because I might need it (I won't, as I have another for my other car) but because removing it ensures nobody else can use it.

I don't keep anything else in the car other than some CDs and tapes and two coasters in the cupholders. I've always liked to have a clean car and I don't understand how some people can throw crap all over the place. The trunk has a variety of junk in it (an air compressor, some reusable grocery bags, a stadium blanket), but I don't see that stuff so it doesn't bug me like stuff strewn about the interior would.
I don't have a bunch of crap scattered about the cabin or trunk. Just some items that I consider essentials. Generally, it's pretty straight. But there are things in places which have found a nice little home and are a pain to remove and then return in the same order (so as not to rattle). I carry a 5" Baby KaBar knife in the passenger side map pocket for emergencies - cutting a seat belt or something on that order. Would be a nice little item for itchy fingers.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Just an input

Old 06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
08' WDP Type S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have an 08 TL-S that I bought back in march and was wondering if I would get the power steering hose recall but haven't. Should I expect one soon?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I had my car in the dealership on the 3rd gear service bullitin for 2 weeks now and I was going to get it back this week and now since these 2 recalls came out it will be there for this whole week. I guess it just saved me the trip back to the dealer.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
I don't have a bunch of crap scattered about the cabin or trunk. Just some items that I consider essentials. Generally, it's pretty straight. But there are things in places which have found a nice little home and are a pain to remove and then return in the same order (so as not to rattle). I carry a 5" Baby KaBar knife in the passenger side map pocket for emergencies - cutting a seat belt or something on that order. Would be a nice little item for itchy fingers.
This is one reason why I keep the reusable grocery bags back there all the time (behind the cargo netting)—otherwise I'll forget them and this way they're there whenever I stop at the store, unless of course I'm driving my other car that day.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not I said the fly

I am on the list on the owners link for the power steering hose but not for the wiper. I called the dealership to ask why I never got a notice. All I got was an I couldnt say, and we dont have the hoses in right now.

I am due for a service shortly so we'll see what happens.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 PM
3rd Gear

Hello Guys. I am a new to this forums and i am not sure if this apply to my 06 tl .Can some one help me out on this or at least let me know how to check.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by acuraservice
Just out of curiousity, do you inspect your car with a fine toothed comb everytime you park it anywhere, where it is just as likely to get scratched or damaged. Or do you just do it somewhere, like the dealer, where you have someone to blame. Honest question, not just sticking up for the dealers cause occasionally cars do get lot damaged. If the dealer has a good group of techs they will admit they made a mistake and accidentally damaged something and the service department will make it right.

Im that guy that when i go somehwere i drop my girl off at the front door and i park as far away from everyone as i can. I also park my car in a garage when im at home and i have a dedicated spot at my office that is well away from everyone. I do not like parking next to anybody, but occasionally i have to,and when i do i take a walk around the car and take a quick inspection. When i take it to the dealer i will probably not go over the car with a fine tooth comb, but i will point it out to the dealer that my rims are prone to getting scratched. I only have 2 small curb marks on my rims and i don't want anymore. i also have a couple of marks in the lug area from where they used a impact wrench. i feel like if i had mentioned it to someone to not use an impact wrench and do it by hand i could have avoided those problems. my car is fairly close to perfect condition. i have my share of rock chips on the front. but i want to keep that all to a minimum if possible.. i look at those as adding character.

and most likely if something happened to the car the dealer will probably not come outright and admit fault until it is noticed by the customer. The car goes through to many hands for anyone person to admit blame.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Called my dealership today to make an appointment for an oilchange... oil life says <20% but no service on the display.
Then the service guy tells me I have to recalls... Both in which you have mentioned.
Sadly, though, the dealership does not know about the 3rd TSB... perhaps it's because I'm in Canada?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:31 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do. At work, several times a day. Yesterday, someone parked a little closer to me than I like, so I moved my car about another 18" away from his SUV. Cars don't heal. And they are property. And property is very important.
I completely agree. I don't ever take up two parking spaces because your car is prone to get keyed by haters and such. But I definitely try to keep my car- dent, ding, and scratch free. I am paying over $600 a month for my baby you better believe I am gonna take care of it!!!

BTW About one month ago, I purchased the pop out key for my 2005 TL (This key only comes on the 07-08 TLs) When I took my car in for servicing they took care of the power steering hose recall. Oh.....and.....THE DEALERSHIP broke my pop out key and then glued it so I wouldn't notice. I didn't find out until I got home and my key would not pop back out! Anyway I spoke with the service manager and she got a new key milled, cut and programmed for me so I am a happy customer but that's just to let you know dealerships can really f-up sometimes. BTW I had to argue with the manager for me to get the a new key made, she was trying the pull the "your key didn't come with yor car" bs on me.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
I haven't received the letters yet (that I know of) but I know my car is included in both recalls cus it's an '04 and also checked my vin# on the myacura website. I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning and getting a loaner ( hopefully an RDX cus i love to step on the gas with that turbo ) and then hopefully will get my car back at the end of the day
Old 06-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Racer

Thank you so much. I would appreciate it. How long did they tell you it would be?
I just picked up the car from Pohanka, looks good just like I left it.

They had it ready since this morning but I was busy at work, so I had to wait until I got off.

My service consultant was Dan Burns great guy he even remember that i never let the dealer wash my car.

Give Pohanka a call and ask for him. 703-502-3711
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Race Director

I am sure this has been said before but...

For the power steering recall, they need the car to be idle a while for it to cool down to work on. The guy told me at least 3 hours. So if dropping it off the night before and picking it up after work the next day is an option, I'd do that..
Old 06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
v 4910shp/19,600ft-lb v

Got my power steering recall taken care of last weekend and even got a loaner (08 TL). It was nice to know that my mods do make a difference ...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Well I made an appointment yesterday for 6:16 this morning. Got there at 6:00 and no one else was in line so I was first up. "Jerry" asked me if I would like to wait and I said, "sure.. how long?". He said it would most likely be ready by 8:00. It was ready by 7:45!

Only thing is the plastic engine cover has some scratches, but everything else is Ok. The service ticket has it as an RL and has the wrong original delivery date. When the guy set up the appointment yesterday, he said my car was not in the system. Interesting because I have two TL's ('04 and '05) and both were bought there.

Anyway, it's over.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Race Director

^ Seriously?

I was told it has to cool (min 3 hrs), and the job ticket has it as 1.8 hours of work I believe....
Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by wgambella
I am on the list on the owners link for the power steering hose but not for the wiper. I called the dealership to ask why I never got a notice. All I got was an I couldnt say, and we dont have the hoses in right now.

I am due for a service shortly so we'll see what happens.
I just got the recall notices in the mail last night (as mentioned above, I had the work done last week). My dealer's computer showed that the car needed the recalls done even before I received the notice, and the OwnerLink site showed the same. So the fact that any particular owner hasn't gotten the notices may not mean much.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
^ Seriously?

I was told it has to cool (min 3 hrs), and the job ticket has it as 1.8 hours of work I believe....
I still had the invoice for mine in my briefcase, so I just pulled out to look. It lists 1.9 hours of work for the power steering recall and 0.6 of an hour for the wiper motor recall.

The invoice was printed at 14:33 and I dropped off the car at about 7:50 and took the dealer's shuttle to the subway. Picked up the car around 19:00 (after work, obviously). Of course, given that I had said I'd pick it up later, they probably made it a lower priority after jobs for people who were waiting (I certainly would if I were them), and thus I don't know if it needed to cool.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:03 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,261 Likes on 2,632 Posts
I called again to see if they could do my PS hose recall, and was told by the Service Rep at Norris that the PS hose kit is only available for the 04 and the early 05's.

So my 05 is in the later PS recall kit which he said Acura would send out notices when those kits where made available to the dealers.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I still had the invoice for mine in my briefcase, so I just pulled out to look. It lists 1.9 hours of work for the power steering recall and 0.6 of an hour for the wiper motor recall.

The invoice was printed at 14:33 and I dropped off the car at about 7:50 and took the dealer's shuttle to the subway. Picked up the car around 19:00 (after work, obviously). Of course, given that I had said I'd pick it up later, they probably made it a lower priority after jobs for people who were waiting (I certainly would if I were them), and thus I don't know if it needed to cool.
Yea I looked at it again because I had it in my briefcase too, lol. You are right, 1.9 hrs of work for the PS and 0.6 for the windshield.

On another note they did my HFL replacement (I have a early VIN from 04), and that was listed at only 0.3 hrs of work, lol...
Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
04 TL 6MT / 06 Pilot

Great...and I'm 120 miles from the nearest dealer.

Good timing though as I'm about to install J-pipe/ test pipe combo.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Have A Nice Day!!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had received the wiper notice after i traded my 04 TL for the 08 TL-S
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I know that the power steering hose is the more important fix. I have seen cars catch on fire on interstate highways before and I would hate to have that happen.

For those of you in the Northern Virginia area, would you take it to Pohanka or Karen Radley's in Woodbridge?
i can vouch for pohanka. good people there... uncle works there as a repair tech
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
I dropped my car in at 8 am this morning ('04) and had both recalls (power steering hose & wiper motor) and state inspection done. It was washed and ready for me to pick up by my lunch time at noon. Not bad

Btw they gave me the MDX as a loaner... don't like it... too big and the seats were uncomfortable

Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

WTF kind of dealers are you guys hanging out at.........they break something and try to glue it back together....or cover up damage. I mean things happen, granted, should they.....NO. But my guys, porters included if something gets damaged they own up, and we fix it right not half assed.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Take a sedative and take it to the dealer.

Uhhh, wait .... take it to the dealer, THEN take the sedative.

It'll be alright. You can watch through the window to the service department. Maybe that'll help.

:wink:
your right !...and forget to bring binocular's for them close up shot's
Old 06-06-2008, 01:08 AM
03 TLS -> 06 Anth Navi MT

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
I called again to see if they could do my PS hose recall, and was told by the Service Rep at Norris that the PS hose kit is only available for the 04 and the early 05's.

So my 05 is in the later PS recall kit which he said Acura would send out notices when those kits where made available to the dealers.
I hope not, cuz my 06 is going in for the PS hose in the morning. 04-06 should be the same, ?