Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas prices

OK, I really think I will purchase a TL in December and I am appealing to anyone bored or kind enough to help me answer these questions:

1) how much can I expect to pay cash, no trade in, for a 2004 AT without Navi and with Navi
2) how much if I add the A Spec stuff to the above (tell me if you did do that)
3)what do you regret doing or not doing in your purchase process
4) should I be that concerned about the transmission issues?
5) why should I buy a TL instead of a G35?

Thanks in advance IMMENSELY!

Alan
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear

Dallas Questions

I don't pickup my TL until tomorrow and I don't work for Acura, but here's my take on your questions:

1) Price will most likely be cheaper, but there will be limited availability (particulary for Navi).
2) I didn't get the A-Spec package and don't think that it's worth the price, but YMMV.
3) I signed a buyer's order for the TL on Jul 5th, but don't pickup the car until tomorrow on the 8th. After driving a demo TL for most of the afternoon on the 5th it was tough going back to my old car for the past few days. My TL had just come off the truck and needed to be prepped, so I told the dealer to take their time. Now I wish that I had taken the car back on Mon, but they say that it's worth waiting for good things.
4) I'm not currently concerned about the trans issues, but my car has a high VIN # is not part of the recall. Hopefully I won't have to eat my words.
5) For me it was not a tough choice. I like the G35, but the interior pales in comparison to the TL. I also think that the TL's exterior will still look good in a few years where as I'm not so sure about the G. The 2005 G35 is supposed to have more HP and a new interior, so maybe it will be a tougher choice.

Good luck with your decision.

Mike
Old 07-07-2004, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ibeam81
I don't pickup my TL until tomorrow and I don't work for Acura, but here's my take on your questions:

1) Price will most likely be cheaper, but there will be limited availability (particulary for Navi).
2) I didn't get the A-Spec package and don't think that it's worth the price, but YMMV.
3) I signed a buyer's order for the TL on Jul 5th, but don't pickup the car until tomorrow on the 8th. After driving a demo TL for most of the afternoon on the 5th it was tough going back to my old car for the past few days. My TL had just come off the truck and needed to be prepped, so I told the dealer to take their time. Now I wish that I had taken the car back on Mon, but they say that it's worth waiting for good things.
4) I'm not currently concerned about the trans issues, but my car has a high VIN # is not part of the recall. Hopefully I won't have to eat my words.
5) For me it was not a tough choice. I like the G35, but the interior pales in comparison to the TL. I also think that the TL's exterior will still look good in a few years where as I'm not so sure about the G. The 2005 G35 is supposed to have more HP and a new interior, so maybe it will be a tougher choice.

Good luck with your decision.

Mike
Hey, thanks much for the reply. So if you bought your TL, how much did you pay for what setup? What is your final loan amount and trade in allowance if not leasing?

Thanks,
Alan
Old 07-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Cruisin'

1) I bought my ABP/Camel, AT, non-nav, non A-Spec from David McDavid in Plano during the Memorial Day weekend. They were having special financing during that weekend. I sent out price quote requests to all Acura dealers in the Metroplex through the Acura website. I "suggested" that I wanted to pay $200 over invoice ($30,300). The only legitimate response I got was from McDavid who said "okay". When I got there, they learned that I didn't want to finance through them. To entice me to finance with them, they said Honda American Finance would pay my sales tax if I financed with them (special financing was 3.9%, but I also had a valuable trade-in that reduced the sales tax). They accepted my offer based on my financing with them, and I was going to have to pay sales tax anyway, so I accepted. The deal ended up being just under invoice when you take into account the sales tax savings. Good for me becuase it was ulitmately less than I expected to pay, and good for them because they get the interest off my loan.

From my experience and what I have seen on this board for the Dallas area, I think you can get the non-nav for around $200 over invoice. I think the nav is going to be quite a bit more as there is a lot more demand for nav.

2) Again, I don't really know because I didn't get the A-Spec.

3) I don't regret anything. I got a great price on this car. I wouldn't have been close to the same deal for nav, have never had nav, and don't travel outside the metroplex much so really have no need for nav. I think most on here would say I don't know what I'm missing. Of course, if I don't know, it doesn't bother me.

4) I don't think so. From my understanding the tranny issues have been pinpointed to the early builds. I haven't had any problems mentioned on this forum, including tires, rattles, vibration, or transmission problems.

5) It's just a personal preference, but I think the exterior of the G35 Coupe is an awesome look, but don't really like the look of the sedan. The interior is cheap-looking compared to the TL. The worst thing in my opinion is the controls on the steering wheel. They look like they belong on my son's electric jeep. Also, at least in Dallas, it seems like everyone is driving a G35. I am sure there will be just as many TL's around soon, but for now it's still a relatively unique car to have.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Good luck with your search, Alpogon. I hope you can hold out for another 5-6 months. I waited nearly a year from when I first saw/wanted the TL.

1) In the last week of June, I paid $33,650 for an Anthracite/Ebony 5AT with navi at David McDavid in Plano. Apparently navi models are still going for very close to sticker. My salesman (who was great, by the way...PM me if you want his contact info) acted like he hadn't seen them give a deal this good on navi yet. (Note: I was referred to the dealer's GM by a client who's in the car business.) I don't think it's a great deal, but good. I paid cash, so no financing. They seemed more willing to bump up my trade-in than to come down further on the TL.

2) No experience with A-Spec

3) My only regreat is not buying sooner. They'll give you the usual BS about how hot the car is...can't keep it on the lot, etc. But if you make a legitimate, fair offer I think there are good deals to be had...even moreso for non-navi models. Overall, McDavid provided a great buying experience.

4) I'm not worried about tranny issues. Besides, that's what the warranty's for.

5) Even if you like both exteriors, the interior of the TL blows the G35 away (even the '05 re-design). Plus, the TL offers several features you can't even get on the G35. And as cdbell said, G's are EVERYWHERE in DFW. TL's will likely catch up, but buy soon and you'll always be an early adopter!