Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curry Acura Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curry Acura Service Dept.

For all the bad postings about service departments at Acura Dealers, I'd like to point out one of the good ones. I brought my car in to Curry acura to have the bulb replaced for my drivers side seat heater switch and some minor rattles that have been annoying the crap out of me. My brake pedal had been soft but I didn't mention it to the my service advisor, thinking that it was coming close to having to change the pads since I was over 35k miles, and I do my own brakes ( I refuse to pay over $100 for a job that takes me less than 20 mins).

When I went to pick up the car, the service advisor told me he noticed the mushy brake pedal, checked the pads and found they were fine, so they bled the brake line and that took care of it. Maybe it's just a small thing, but I can honestly say that's the first time I've EVER taken a car in for service anywhere and had them fix a problem that was not mentioned beforehand.

Just wanted to give a little credit where it's due.

One question though... I had an alignment and my first tire rotation done ( yeah stupid me kept putting it off and putting it off, wont let that happen again) Now I knew the front tires were unevenly worn due to being out of alignment for a long time, but the back tires seemed abnormally worn, Is that normal or should I mention it to the dealer? I mean I thought the back tires wouldn't wear so much given the fact that obviously they're in the back and not subjected to the pulling as much as the front.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Rattles?

Which rattles were they able to fix?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
In my experience with Curry Service Department.... 10 years of Experience off and On.... They are the worst... I purchased my '06 TL from them and I had some warranty work done a few weeks later and they scratched my interior ... (it's funny that I never received a customer satisfaction survey or follow-up call from Honda Corp. on my experience at Curry ) No wonder they're a "6 Time Precision Award Winning Dealer"
They mostly employ young service techs that don't know their a$$ from their elbows... not to mention, some of their Service Advisors just try to bull$hit customers... However, they seem to know who they can Bull$hit and who they can't...

Their Sales and Parts department get an A+ from me... But their service dept. get a D.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Did you brig it up to them? Did they offer to make amends?
When I dropped my car off there I went over the car with the advisor before leaving, in case something did happen they couldn't blame it on me.

As for the rattles, I had the rattle near the sub that alot of ppl on the board have had, as well as a rattle near the drivers door handle. both of which are now long gone.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Cruisin'

The rear tire wear could be that the rear end was also out of alignment. I recently had my alignment performed (I live in Atlanta where the roads are crappy and you have to align the car at a minimum of ever other tire rotation/balancing) and the rear was way out of alignment. It caused excessive wear on the rear tires and in fact, the shop would not rotate the tires because they didn't want them moved to the front because of the front wheel drive. Just remember, in an alignment BOTH the front and/or the rear can be out.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Nautica91,
I did bring it up to them and they offered to fix it... but I decided to not have them fix it... 'cause they might just mess something else up... and I really don't have the time or the patience to deal with them again... I ended up getting the part on-line and installing it myself... five minutes... Done...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Instructor

I understand your frustration but the fact is, accidents happen, and unless they try and deny the fact it was their fault, then they did everything they need to do to rectify the situation. I don't know what more you could ask from a dealer. To completely write them off for one mishap, that I don't understand, but to each his own I guess.

Like I said, I just wanted to point out the good experience I had, which is refreshing given the number of horror stories that I've heard from some other dealers.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
who was ur service advisor?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Nautica91,
I understand what you're trying to do... I bet Curry would appreciate it... Like I said... I've had many situations with their Service Department... Ever since I purchased my Integra back in '95... I'm not going to list all my situations 'cause it's not really relevant now. I kept going back 'cause I saw that type switched their entire service staff.

I would say that George is their best service advisor... Honest, Knowledgable, Sincere and dependable.... However, John is the worst.... A straight LIAR...
Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
They are so so with my situation........they did do everthing I told them to do, but it seems that all those problems are just coming right back.

Thay also always forget to wash my car, which is probably a good thing.

My service advisor was Peter I believe.

But it was nothing as bad as Acura of Brooklyn
Old 08-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Pro

I bought my car from Curry..

And they totally suck. My '05 was covertly damaged before delivery and their internet manager (Yuri) wouldn't even reply to my emails after I found out. I had to pay $1200 out of my pocket to have it properly repaired.

I am buying an '07 Type S, but certainly not from Curry Acura.

My mother bought an '05 MDX from them, and they tried to deliver it with about $3000 of damage to the driver's side, which they had parked against a wall so she wouldn't see it. Luckily, she did, and they prepped a different one.

Long and short, avoid Curry Acura at all costs, even though they may have the lowest internet cost.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by pilozm
Which rattles were they able to fix?
In mine, NONE !

Curry couldn't do squat about my rattles, even after 4 visits for the same one in my roof. I wound up taking the car to Acura of Manhattan. Being in the middle of NYC, they've got plenty of rattle fix experience the dealers outside of the city don't have.

Good 'ol NYC roads !!!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Instructor

"internet manager (Yuri) "
Yuri is a real ass. Told me over the phone he could save thousands more off the $33000 quote i received from rallye acura. He wouldn't say over the phone how much. So I decided to drive up and see what s the deal. When I got there, he denied ever saying that to me. I knew something was up after it took him half an hour just to come out of his office. Even though I could see he was doing shit. I wanted to punch him in his face after he lied like that.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Outta my way!!

I think it would be extremely benefitial for Acura owners if there was a thread/FAQ/Sticky on this board about dealer experiences. I just found this thread and if it did exist earlier, I'd be able to avoid a lot of aggravation with Curry Acura and $180 (!!!) ticket fine caused by driving their loaner.
Moderators, could you sticky this somewhere please?

Here is my negative experience with Curry Acura, service manager Antony Drewery, but I think entire department operates the same way, totally unprofessional people:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=Curry

I lodged a complaint with Acura Client Service about this case and I advise everybody do the same.

Also, Acura CS said that dealership sends out a survey to the owner after the service was performed, I guess this explains why we, the pissed customers, never received a survey from Curry!

I aslo have a word on Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ
Twice took my car there and twice eneded up not getting it serviced:

1. for rattles in pass front door - they wanted to take the entire dashboard apart and move it a lil to the left (!) to fix the rattle in the door panel - I thought NO WAY!

2. Got quote for A-spec susp install (labor only) = $1000, I said No Thanks, I'll do it myself.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by vash68
Here is my negative experience with Curry Acura, service manager Antony Drewery, but I think entire department operates the same way, totally unprofessional people:

I lodged a complaint with Acura Client Service about this case and I advise everybody do the same.

Also, Acura CS said that dealership sends out a survey to the owner after the service was performed, I guess this explains why we, the pissed customers, never received a survey from Curry!
Larry Surman is the service manager. Anthony Drewery is only a Service Advisor.

You did get a survey from Curry. It was in the form of a postcard attached to the numbered tag they hang on your rearview mirror when you check in your car for service and is still hanging there when you pick it up.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BG74
And they totally suck. My '05 was covertly damaged before delivery and their internet manager (Yuri) wouldn't even reply to my emails after I found out. I had to pay $1200 out of my pocket to have it properly repaired.

I am buying an '07 Type S, but certainly not from Curry Acura.

My mother bought an '05 MDX from them, and they tried to deliver it with about $3000 of damage to the driver's side, which they had parked against a wall so she wouldn't see it. Luckily, she did, and they prepped a different one.

Long and short, avoid Curry Acura at all costs, even though they may have the lowest internet cost.

If the damage is clearly visible, how could they have the gall to deliver it to the customer for the price of a new, undamaged car? Now, how did you discover the covertly damaged parts? PLease elaborate.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nycACURA
"internet manager (Yuri) "
Yuri is a real ass. Told me over the phone he could save thousands more off the $33000 quote i received from rallye acura. He wouldn't say over the phone how much. So I decided to drive up and see what s the deal. When I got there, he denied ever saying that to me. I knew something was up after it took him half an hour just to come out of his office. Even though I could see he was doing shit. I wanted to punch him in his face after he lied like that.
Him...he sucks..he pissed me off when I test drove the TSX & TL back to back. He was so itching to sell. I told him what Rallye could do, he say no. I told alright...and left to Rallye. At least Rallye honor the quote over the phone/internet thanks to someone here on the forum. I went to the Internet Manager and mentioned it. She gave it to me just like that, no buts/and ifs. She sold some of the cars just the same way, word of mouth...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rifleman-cl
Him...he sucks..he pissed me off when I test drove the TSX & TL back to back. He was so itching to sell. I told him what Rallye could do, he say no. I told alright...and left to Rallye. At least Rallye honor the quote over the phone/internet thanks to someone here on the forum. I went to the Internet Manager and mentioned it. She gave it to me just like that, no buts/and ifs. She sold some of the cars just the same way, word of mouth...
Thats the good thing with Rallye. They will give you prices via E-mail. If you call them up they will give their best price over the phone. No pressure salesman their harrassing you.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Racer

Since you guys are in Westchester, have any of you visited A of Westchester's service dept?

I only have experience buying touch up paint from them...seemed like pretty ok people
Old 09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Outta my way!!

Originally Posted by DMZ
Larry Surman is the service manager. Anthony Drewery is only a Service Advisor.

You did get a survey from Curry. It was in the form of a postcard attached to the numbered tag they hang on your rearview mirror when you check in your car for service and is still hanging there when you pick it up.
Thanks for correction DMZ, I never spoke to that person..
And no mistireous tag with survey was found in my car..

Well, over the long weekend I purchased a breaker bar and was finally able to open a ATF refill bolt - that concluded my theory about idiots working at Curry service department: the bolt was torqued at like 150 lb-ft (!!!) and no crash washer was installed either!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Thanks for correction DMZ, I never spoke to that person..
And no mistireous tag with survey was found in my car..

Well, over the long weekend I purchased a breaker bar and was finally able to open a ATF refill bolt - that concluded my theory about idiots working at Curry service department: the bolt was torqued at like 150 lb-ft (!!!) and no crash washer was installed either!
I'd give Larry Surman a call about this. If that doesn't work, call Mike Miele the GM.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Intermediate

I have to chime in as well. I bought my car at Curry and their service is extremely poor. I brought my car back several times (4) to get a navi problem fixed. They scratched the interior of my car and a bent a brake dust shield when installing my A-spec suspension, and an oil change that was supposed to be 20 minutes took over an hour and a half. I'm never going back to them again for purchases or service, and neither are my friends.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:35 PM
VS#03

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
In my experience with Curry Service Department.... 10 years of Experience off and On.... They are the worst... I purchased my '06 TL from them and I had some warranty work done a few weeks later and they scratched my interior ... (it's funny that I never received a customer satisfaction survey or follow-up call from Honda Corp. on my experience at Curry ) No wonder they're a "6 Time Precision Award Winning Dealer"
They mostly employ young service techs that don't know their a$$ from their elbows... not to mention, some of their Service Advisors just try to bull$hit customers... However, they seem to know who they can Bull$hit and who they can't...

Their Sales and Parts department get an A+ from me... But their service dept. get a D.
.....Also there service rate is a little high and Westchester tax is crazy.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
VS#03

I think it would be extremely benefitial for Acura owners if there was a thread/FAQ/Sticky on this board about dealer experiences. I just found this thread and if it did exist earlier, I'd be able to avoid a lot of aggravation with Curry Acura and $180 (!!!) ticket fine caused by driving their loaner.
Moderators, could you sticky this somewhere please?

I aslo have a word on Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ
Twice took my car there and twice eneded up not getting it serviced:

1. for rattles in pass front door - they wanted to take the entire dashboard apart and move it a lil to the left (!) to fix the rattle in the door panel - I thought NO WAY!

2. Got quote for A-spec susp install (labor only) = $1000, I said No Thanks, I'll do it myself.
Try Open Road Acura in Wayne NJ......there service dept knows that they broadcast all over Acurazine and they will do right by you. If you do try them ask for Steve and If rather deal with the service manager to get your point across ask for Mike Vandanhoff.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Outta my way!!

Originally Posted by K-Shawn
Try Open Road Acura in Wayne NJ......there service dept knows that they broadcast all over Acurazine and they will do right by you. If you do try them ask for Steve and If rather deal with the service manager to get your point across ask for Mike Vandanhoff.
Thanks K-Shawn, definitely next time will try them.
For now I installed my A-spec susp myself with my bud's help - cost $0, grin on my face - priceless
Old 09-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg-ster
Since you guys are in Westchester, have any of you visited A of Westchester's service dept?

I only have experience buying touch up paint from them...seemed like pretty ok people

I have been going to Acura of Bedford Hills for over a year without a problem...Any other experiances there?