3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Acura first service - 80 bucks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 AM
acurazine sucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtesy Acura first service - 80 bucks!

I took my TL in for the first service (oil change) and to get the seat memory module fixed. When I went to pick it up, the bill was around eighty bucks! After about fifteen minutes of my complaining and their running around talking to everyone in the service department, they dropped the bill to eighteen bucks.

They claimed someone (the service writer maybe) listed the service under an incorrect code that represented a "first service" on some other car or something. It seemed like a pretty flimsy excuse to me.

This irks the hell out of me. I wonder how many people would have sprung for the eighty. I know my wife would have.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Received 1,005 Likes on 575 Posts
eighteen is cheap, eighty is outrageous. Good for you. Everyone should know the first service is nothing more than an oil change, but some dealers will get what they can.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by edmiller9999
I took my TL in for the first service (oil change) and to get the seat memory module fixed. When I went to pick it up, the bill was around eighty bucks! After about fifteen minutes of my complaining and their running around talking to everyone in the service department, they dropped the bill to eighteen bucks.

They claimed someone (the service writer maybe) listed the service under an incorrect code that represented a "first service" on some other car or something. It seemed like a pretty flimsy excuse to me.

This irks the hell out of me. I wonder how many people would have sprung for the eighty. I know my wife would have.
I'm not so sure about the people at Courtesy but I don't want to drive all the way over to Mile High just for a oil change. You are right, most people would have just paid the bill.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by Ron A
Everyone should know the first service is nothing more than an oil change
I think, technically, the A1 service is supposed to include tire rotation as well. But when you're driving EL42s, who cares anyway?

Even including tire rotation, 80 bucks is still a rip.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Ron A
eighteen is cheap, eighty is outrageous. Good for you. Everyone should know the first service is nothing more than an oil change, but some dealers will get what they can.
I was told that the first service is free on all TLs. I have free scheduled service for my lease period, but I thought the first was free for everyone.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I think it's the price you have to pay, up to $140, if you ask Acura dealership to do the whole checkup (they may use 2nd Gen. TL's 7500? miles checkup list). I've seen my stupid dealer asking 04TLers paying this kind of money since December.

If money is really an issue, please go somewhere else to change your oil/filter and rotate your tires.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:20 PM
SOLD

???

I bought my car from Pikes Peak, but got it serviced at Flatirons (closest) for first checkup, $27. FIrst service through Flatirons is free if you buy it there, but it may vary by dealer. Also, I have heard from 1 acura salesman and 2 honda service reps that Courtesy is supposed to have best service dept in the state???
Old 05-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

IMO, Acura dealership offers the varied services to their customers. You could get the coupon or voucher to do the free oil/fitler change and they might check out something simple for you without additional charge. Someone does receive this kind of first checkup.

Some dealers' first checkup would execute some certain services including dozens of checkup details, (there were two threads summarizing all of services' items months ago), which would definitely rape off money out of your wallet.

If you try to save money, don't go to any Acura dealers, except you have free coupon or voucher or warranty works...
Old 05-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Team Nighthawk Whiner

I got the A1 service, oil, filter, rotation, at a Honda dealer here. They charged me $37.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:15 PM
9th Gear

bought my 04 acura TL from Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA, they gave me lifetime oil change for free but I have to go to their dealership which is about a 30 min drive. I guess I'll use it sometimes if I happen to be near by it might be worth it in the long run.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Ouchie

I get lifetime oil changes for free from my dealer (Castle Acura, New Castle Delaware) just wish I wasn't scared to take my car back there, lol.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Team Emerald City Mayor

I wouldn't let Courtesy Acura fix my bicycle!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
acurazine sucks

Get real

Originally Posted by rets
I think it's the price you have to pay, up to $140, if you ask Acura dealership to do the whole checkup (they may use 2nd Gen. TL's 7500? miles checkup list). I've seen my stupid dealer asking 04TLers paying this kind of money since December.

If money is really an issue, please go somewhere else to change your oil/filter and rotate your tires.
What dealer do you work for?

Of course money is an issue. You'd have to be an idiot to pay 80 bucks for an oil change. And, if you read my post, you'd see that I had to have the seat module replaced. When I called to schedule the appointment, they said an oil change was about 20 bucks or so. So why not do it there? If money isn't an issue to you, why don't you send me 80 bucks? I could use a bottle of Macallan.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by edmiller9999
What dealer do you work for?

Of course money is an issue. You'd have to be an idiot to pay 80 bucks for an oil change. And, if you read my post, you'd see that I had to have the seat module replaced. When I called to schedule the appointment, they said an oil change was about 20 bucks or so. So why not do it there? If money isn't an issue to you, why don't you send me 80 bucks? I could use a bottle of Macallan.

Don't be angry with me. YOU're absolutely right. I meant "DON't GO THERE" if anyone doesn't want to be raped off by those unknown services.

Before you try to reply #6 post, please read #8 too.

This is your thread, your post has said it all, "This irks the hell out of me. I wonder how many people would have sprung for the eighty.", I agree with you.

If you think their service, like oil/filter change, is worth that $20, it's your choice to do so.

#6 is to other ppl, if you think I'm talking to you and like to flame out to me, it's your choice... you can say whatever you like to say here...
Old 05-26-2004, 09:35 PM