Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of Extras

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of Extras

I'm in the final stages of getting my 07 TL with NAVI (non-Type S) and want to know your opinions on the extras....
  1. What extras are offered (floor mats, etc)
  2. How much $$$ for each

Also does anyone how the TLs are selling? .... Really does anyone know if Acura is going to extend their 1.9% financing another month like they did in June?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
My TL can do this, too!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out http://www.handa-accessories.com/. I bought a full-nose mask, color-coded door edge trims, and the rubber trunk tray for less than what the dealer was charging.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I suggest that you not purchase any extras from the dealer at time of purchase. Wheel locks and a trunk tray are generally included, sometimes at no cost. Carpeted floor mats are included at no charge. Get the sales brochure and read what comes with the car.

EVERYTHING including Honda extended warranties are available for lower prices from other dealers via the internet. My sales contract would only include the car + TTL.

As far as financing, the deals come and go. Honda and the industry are doing OK but need to do better. If they pull the 1.9% it will likey reappear. It was available when I purchased my car in 11/2004, it was available last week when a friend purchased his.

Good luck when completing your deal, hope you are paying dealer invoice or less.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the link and information.

I am in the 33.0-33.5K range right now which includes destination and doc fee and the cash back for financing with Honda. I believe invoice is 33.1 w/o destination so I feel I'm close.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
No cost. When you're ready to commit, tell them you'll sign the dotted line right now if they throw in <insert wish list here>

possibilities:

all season matts,
mud guards,
rain visors
paint protection film (personally i would try to go for this, but its expensive 600 or so)
mugs (or whatever they have over in that accessories store)
wheel locks
whatever other crap you want

If they balk, tell them ok, you need to think about it, and that you're going to go see what infinity is willing to throw into their deal.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by leedogg
No cost. When you're ready to commit, tell them you'll sign the dotted line right now if they throw in <insert wish list here>

possibilities:

all season matts,
mud guards,
rain visors
paint protection film (personally i would try to go for this, but its expensive 600 or so)
mugs (or whatever they have over in that accessories store)
wheel locks
whatever other crap you want

If they balk, tell them ok, you need to think about it, and that you're going to go see what infinity is willing to throw into their deal.
Damn Dawg ... you are tough .. LOL ... even throw a curve ball like go see a infinity dealer about G35s ....

But seriously, you gotta be a mean MOFO and ready to walk out while hiding your craving for the dream car in that showroom ...

Good luck and keep us posted! Hopefully you don't wind up with a G or ES or IS ..
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another great negotiating tool....

Locally in the Chicago area there are a lot of times where a dealer will select ONE car on the lot and drastically reduce the price in a newspaper ad...and they list the STOCK number of that car in that ad. These ads are always in the Saturday paper. It's a come-on just to get people into the showroom. If you happen to like that car, they have to sell it for that price IF YOU MENTION THE AD. They DO NOT post that price on the vehicle, nor do they mention that price EVEN IF YOU WANT THE CAR THAT"S IN THE AD. You have to mention it to them (and yeah it's legal for them to do that but just barely).
So what I do is get up early on Saturday, find every ad I can of that type, cut 'em all out...and go visit the closest dealer I can find, getting there within 1/2 hour of them opening the doors. (Even if that particular dealer didn't run one of the ads). When I walk in and the sales-shark comes swimming over to me...I pull out the lowest priced ad and I tell them to beat the price or I walk. They ALWAYS do...usually by about 25 or 50 bucks. Problem is if THEY ran one of the ads, they will drop the price but will only beat the price on the STOCK number of thier own ad. If you hate the color, or the options, they gotcha. Only solution then is to say you'll call the other dealer and ask what's the color and options on the car they are advertising. (I do it on my cell phone right in front of the salesman or the sales manager). IF THAT CAR is one you want, you can usually get the dealer you're at to offer the equivelant vehicle to you for the same price. These guys HATE losing a sale that they KNOW you're ready to sign on TODAY.

DISCLAIMERS:
* Acura ads like this are not that common but they do show up at least once a month.
* You guys in areas where the closest Acura store is two hours away, with no competition close by...well I doubt you could shop like this and make the dealer squirm at all.

We bought my daughter a new Mazda CX7 this past Saturday EXACTLY this way. Window sticker price was almost 26K, we paid 19.9K out the door. My wife think's I'm evil for treating these guys like this. I love it.