3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Sentence: With the amount of money I spent on my Acura....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
...I could have paid off the car in whole.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by P1zzaman
With the amount of money I spent on my Acura, I can buy a <insert car here>

I think we sometimes think about this, as we put down more money for our mods. With all that money, I could have bought this instead...

With the amount of money i spent on my Acura, I can buy a 2008 Lexus ISF with 40K miles.

Wow I think you should have bought the lex....

I only have about $2500 extra put in my car. That might get me a beater...
Old 09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
...I could have been 13k away from buying a 2009 RL.

BTW $ can't buy happiness...remember that.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
Yeah, I'm pretty spoiled, I admit it. Although, some people has mention before... Only child + Parents making bank = higher budget in terms of what you want or get. I guess that applies to me, but to be fair, I just call myself spoiled. No hiding it!

Just putting it out there. I do pay for my own gas, food, and etc... Even the Meisterschaft GT Exhaust is out of my pocket. I had this fairly nice summer job that pays really well, and I still work part time at Forever 21 (No, I'm not gay.) Lol.
You have made this point several times in several threads.

My parents have always made extremely good money. I got an '84 Gran Prix when I turned 16. Disappointed, yes. But the things I did in that car and the type of fun could not have been done in a nicer car. I would not trade the memories in the old POS for anything. I bought my GN right before my 18th birthday and have enjoyed smoking kids with nice cars the parents' bought them for many years.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
i dont have that much into my car only around $4G so not sure what else i could be rolling in lol
Old 09-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
an Acura? whats that.

Parents..
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
With the amount of money I've spent on my Acura...I've spent almost as much on detailing supplies.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P1zzaman
Do you usually feel you actually own the car? I'd be ashamed to say my parents bought it for me after i smoke someone on the road you know. I'd be happier standing next to my car if I bought it myself.

But then again, I'm self concious... no one need to know right? but then again, anyone can get the common sense that you wouldn't have bought it yourself. How do you deal with that in public? The SHAME!!!
Its common sense a 21 year old that still goes to school didn't buy a M3 all my himself. Like I said before, I laugh and go with the spoiled insults. I rather laugh with them than take offensive to it.

&Sometimes, I actually don't feel like I own either of my cars, because it wasn't bought with my money.

Originally Posted by AckTL05
If you parents are successful then why should that matter? Live life, its short..

Also it all depends on if he did the willy wonka " BUT DADDDDDDY I WANNNNNNNT AN M3" or he earned it and respects the fact that he is well off.
I didn't do the Willy Wonka thing. 3.8 GPA at USC got me the car, if you were curious.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
You have made this point several times in several threads.

My parents have always made extremely good money. I got an '84 Gran Prix when I turned 16. Disappointed, yes. But the things I did in that car and the type of fun could not have been done in a nicer car. I would not trade the memories in the old POS for anything. I bought my GN right before my 18th birthday and have enjoyed smoking kids with nice cars the parents' bought them for many years.
I don't even race with the M3. Just a nice car to cruise with, and once in awhile I would just speed. That's it...

But I do like your GN. I respect GNs. They are like one those drag cars I actually respect deeply.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
In the past Ive pent way too much on customizing, my old civic I spent about $12K, $7K in the engine alone, on my last truck I spent about $10K total. Im done wasting money on cars, Im getting too old and theres more important stuff in life than looking cool and going fast. I cant stand driving a completely stock car and I probably never will so Im doing some appearance mods to my TL and thats it. Once it looks good enough for me Im done
Old 09-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Team Owner

Its common sense a 21 year old that still goes to school didn't buy a M3 all my himself. Like I said before, I laugh and go with the spoiled insults. I rather laugh with them than take offensive to it.

&Sometimes, I actually don't feel like I own either of my cars, because it wasn't bought with my money.

I didn't do the Willy Wonka thing. 3.8 GPA at USC got me the car, if you were curious.

I don't even race with the M3. Just a nice car to cruise with, and once in awhile I would just speed. That's it...

But I do like your GN. I respect GNs. They are like one those drag cars I actually respect deeply.
I'm not trying to insult, really. If my parents bought me an M3 at that age I would not turn it down lol. My parents were too far the other way. Never helping financially. Going to college with no help. When my father found out I was buying the TL at age 28 and offered to co-sign to get the rate down I just about had a heart attack. I guess better late than never. I've just had a lot of run ins with the spoiled kids around here with Vipers and modded Vettes with major attitudes.

Back on track, I've only got about $3,500 in the TL in mods. Just brakes a little suspension and audio. I'm done for good with mods. Any money spend from here on out is for replacement stuff to keep it looking new. I'm not going to get sucked into spending $3,000 for an additional 30hp.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Je t'aime...

I'm not trying to insult, really. If my parents bought me an M3 at that age I would not turn it down lol. My parents were too far the other way. Never helping financially. Going to college with no help. When my father found out I was buying the TL at age 28 and offered to co-sign to get the rate down I just about had a heart attack. I guess better late than never. I've just had a lot of run ins with the spoiled kids around here with Vipers and modded Vettes with major attitudes.

Back on track, I've only got about $3,500 in the TL in mods. Just brakes a little suspension and audio. I'm done for good with mods. Any money spend from here on out is for replacement stuff to keep it looking new. I'm not going to get sucked into spending $3,000 for an additional 30hp.
Oh, don't sweat it. I didn't take it as an insult. I don't think anyone would turn it down.

I'm very sorry to hear your parents didn't help you that much when you were younger.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 09-11-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Oh, don't sweat it. I didn't take it as an insult. I don't think anyone would turn it down.

I'm very sorry to hear your parents didn't help you that much when you were younger.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Team Owner

No big deal, I'm not complaining. Many people don't get help. My parents had the money, they just weren't willing to help which is ok. I'll just return the favor when they're nursing home age lol.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
No big deal, I'm not complaining. Many people don't get help. My parents had the money, they just weren't willing to help which is ok. I'll just return the favor when they're nursing home age lol.
That's cold bronamath.. I think it probably instilled a lot more character in you.. I side with your pops way of thinking
Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo
That's cold bronamath.. I think it probably instilled a lot more character in you.. I side with your pops way of thinking
I know I know. But I still have to threaten him.

I learned a lot about myself and other people during that time. Even lived in my car for a while but came out stronger in the end. I wouldn't change a thing....except maybe living in the car.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I could of made it rain on strippers in Vegas,did a callabo with T-Pain(On a Boat 2), ride public transportation drinking cristal, adopted a Somalian, bought a couch for my living room. Endless. Heh, my girlfriend on the other hand....Her dad walked in and paid cash for her 2005 tl in 2004 and cash for his Mercedes AMG at the same dealer..... So she qualifies as spoiled and not worthy of this thread..
Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whudini3000
I could of made it rain on strippers in Vegas,did a callabo with T-Pain(On a Boat 2), ride public transportation drinking cristal, adopted a Somalian, bought a couch for my living room. Endless. Heh, my girlfriend on the other hand....Her dad walked in and paid cash for her 2005 tl in 2004 and cash for his Mercedes AMG at the same dealer..... So she qualifies as spoiled and not worthy of this thread..
<-- on the public transportation sipping on cristal. and i think i'm just going to have to say that your GF is a keeper
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
I could have invested it and bought the dude in this thread's 2011 E92 M3 coupe.

Or I could've just bought a used E46. I find it hilarious that the market works in such ways that for the price of a used TL I could get a used E46 M3 for about the same amount with relatively similar mileage.

in before obligatory response about cost of maintenance on BMW's keeping their resale value down, blah blah blah

Fun thread but really it's hard to imagine what I would have otherwise spent money on besides my TL. Just love the car too much.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by azndevl89
<-- on the public transportation sipping on cristal. and i think i'm just going to have to say that your GF is a keeper