3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which color shows off this car best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBP is best for this car IMHO. And, by the way, this is my third black car and have found that it does take more work, but well worth it. BTW, Zaino really does wonders for a black car
Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

Eliminated them one by one for various reasons including maintenance and the Texas heat and just liked the quartz/ebony interiors over the camel/parch. I'm coming out of a a silver/ebony TL-S and ready for a change. Finally agonized over Anthrocite and WDP. The WDP looked awesome with the under body spoilers but opted for the Anthro with quartz. Now adding some chrome wheels to make bring out that Anthro shine.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Racer

Originally posted by tlxlr8s
casooner90 i have to agree with you. lighter colors look less sporty and more classy. black is so sporty and i love it with the front grill. ebony interior and dark tint is the ultimate "bad a$$" car.

casooner90, what interior?

with a little dusting every once in a while is worth the sexy black.
NBP with ebony. Will upgrade to eye glaring chrome wheels soon.

Yeah, it takes effort to keep the car clean, but my pride is pretty big right now and so shining the TL is my hobby. It's the color that turns heads and lurks out of corner of other drivers eyes. Throw in the limo tint and the whole mystery theme takes shape. The car then takes on an "image". It has a silent Clint like message to other cars - "do you feel lucky, punk!"

My second choice would have been antrhcite or the pearl white. But, black just kicks.

As for other colors (red, green silver, gold, etc..), they all look like a rental - IMHO. Maybe looks okay on a minivan.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Just ordered a WDP/Quartz/5AT/Navi on Saturday.
I have 2 other white cars and my wife has a white SUV. I like obviously like white cars and talked my wife into her white Durango.
White cars actually have the ability to hide a certain amount of dirt, but that has never been much of a consideration for me.
I wish the white on the TL was brighter. I wish the WDP was offered in ebony, but I will still be stoked when I pick up my car around mid-April.
I'm actually surprised how many new TL owners have opted for white. I didn't really expect that. Now everyone can stop buying white , we want the rarest color claim to be ours.
Regards,
Old 02-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that NBP looks awesome with Zaino but hard to maintain.

I also love the WDP when I saw the pics of WDP from a guy on Acura Inspire site. However when I go see the WDP in person, it does not look as impressive as the picture. It kinda dull in the shade and a bit vanila color. May be under sunlight it looks brighter?

I'm opted for Anthracite/Quart combo but still have chance to change to WDP/Quart.

Many claims that WDP looks best with under body kit. Can anyone give me good reasons why WDP looks best with the bodykit and wings and stock 18" wheel?

How about the Anthracite with body kit, wings, and 18" wheels, not better than WDP?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Like I stated before, the "Gray" accents on the A-Spec kit give the car a different look, as with Silver or Antracite cars, the "Gray" isn't that noticable.

Mike Smeezy,