Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clunks, leg pains, and mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunks, leg pains, and mirrors

two questions. i have an '06 MT -- getting used to everything, though my gas pedal leg is killing me. i've bought a cushion to decrease pressure on my butt and thigh, but it's still uncomfortable on long rides.

anyway, question one. i've noticed a kind of single, clunking sound coming from underneath the pedals that happens about 15 seconds after starting my car and heading down the street. it's not that loud, but it happens most times after starting and driving several yards down the road and accelating and then it doesn't occur again until the next time i start from parked. anyone know that that is?

question two. the mirrors tilt down when in reverse, but only when the mirror adjustment button is switched to L or R. when on L, the L mirror tilts down, when R, the right, when in the middle, neither. what's up with that?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The grinding sound you hear upon starting and moving away from a stop is the ABS kicking in. Its kind of a self-test and very normal.
The outside rear view mirrors are performing exactly as designed.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by drjoe
two questions. i have an '06 MT -- getting used to everything, though my gas pedal leg is killing me. i've bought a cushion to decrease pressure on my butt and thigh, but it's still uncomfortable on long rides.

Sounds like you have a touch of sciatica. I presume you've tried adjusting the front of the seat bottom downward a bit in the front to reduce pressure on the underside of your thigh(?) If it persists, try a trip to your chiropractor ... mine does wonders.

question two. the mirrors tilt down when in reverse, but only when the mirror adjustment button is switched to L or R. when on L, the L mirror tilts down, when R, the right, when in the middle, neither. what's up with that?
Don't know what you mean. Do you want them to do something else? Actually, for those of us who hate tilt-down mirrors, it's a fair compromise. We can keep them from spinning down everytime we shift into reverse.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try taking a thick car wash sponge with you next time you take the car. Place it between your thigh/knee and the console of the car and rest your leg against it. See if that doesn't help your leg pain.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drjoe

anyway, question one. i've noticed a kind of single, clunking sound coming from underneath the pedals that happens about 15 seconds after starting my car and heading down the street. it's not that loud, but it happens most times after starting and driving several yards down the road and accelating and then it doesn't occur again until the next time i start from parked. anyone know that that is?

if you put your wallet in your rear right pocket...take it out...or adjust the positioning of the seat so you are more comfortable (distance of seat from stearing wheel, back angle, and lumbar position