Sponsored by:

clublexus thinks acura is sh1t =P

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:00 AM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clublexus thinks acura is sh1t =P

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=107193

read that thread, i only got done with 2-3 pages, but cot damn there stuck up.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no biggie.. im happy. i didn't waste my money on an is300 emblem that cost in the thousands.

To me, Acura will never be able to compete w/ Lexus, in terms of overall prestige.
That's fine... he paid for what he gets. You really need to sit in both a TL and a is300. There is no comparison period.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

who cares? let them pay $50,000+ for the name
Old 01-31-2004, 12:46 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jesus Christ, another one.

I wonder what battle is older.....acura vs. lexus or david vs. goliath?

To sum 9 pages (yea I read all nine) up at clublexus, this is what I get from them: to be luxury, you need a v8 and rwd.:o
Old 01-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Not all Lexus owners think that way!! I cant wait to come back to the Acura family.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

after reading through 6 pages, they already banned 2 people just in the thread for bad mouthing lexus. what a bunch of crap. maybe they are just a bunch of arrogant a$$holes
Old 01-31-2004, 01:15 AM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by acnup00tl
Not all Lexus owners think that way!! I cant wait to come back to the Acura family.
Hes one of them, GET HIM!! haha jk :p
Old 01-31-2004, 02:27 AM
Banned

I'm not going to waste my time reading a biased thread like that.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:57 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: clublexus thinks acura is sh1t =P...

Aren't we freakish or prejudiced site, either? I believe some of threads may look like that way.

Hope this site can really make ppl say something true. As ever the member of freshalloy.com, I saw some ppl were bashed hard or blocked IPs because they indicated Acura/Lexus are better... in some categories...

TL.com won't do this, right?
Old 01-31-2004, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I read through the whole thread ... I don't think they're bashing on us but I get the same feeling as Binh does.."Acura needs a AWD/RWD V8 to be luxury?" Just because you spend more money on putting gas into the car doesn't necessarily make it a "luxury car." Hehe...everyone has their likes/dislikes...this thread is completely pointless
Old 01-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Intermediate

they are all haters who like to pay more $$... lexus' look so old school to me..
Old 01-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I didn't read the thread. How many threads here bash on Beemers? Or our special enemy, the evil, no interior-luxury G35 sedan? Not worth the time, especially since I actually like the looks (if not the performance) of the IS300.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:52 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Read just the first page. Didn't see bashing, just opinions and (admittedly) some valid points about some Acura fumbles in the past. I bet if we looked throughout the Lexus site we would see some grumblings about Lexus failures too (eg. New ES has failed to excite much interest on performance or styling). Personally, I will get the car that has the best combination of performance, looks, and value. Right now that looks like TL but got to keep an open mind.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Racer

I was thinking about an IS300 unti my brother's girlfriend said "Old people drive Lexus's" So I started observing the folks o were driving the Lexus's and for the most part she was right. Now I own a TL
Old 01-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Lexus is an absolute, 100%, poser's car. I looked at the ES and GS, and other than a bunch of real wood (which, admittedly, looked nice), they didn't have anything on the TL. People buy Lexus' to say "I have a Lexus", or when they want an Benz, but can't afford one and can try and convince people they like the Lexus better than the Benz.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:13 PM

Lexus is an absolute, 100%, poser's car. I looked at the ES and GS, and other than a bunch of real wood (which, admittedly, looked nice), they didn't have anything on the TL. People buy Lexus' to say "I have a Lexus", or when they want an Benz, but can't afford one and can try and convince people they like the Lexus better than the Benz.
You have no focking clue.

If you read the thread no one bashed Acura. The initial thread starter asked what is wrong with Acura. The people that knew posted info on why. Then we added printed content from various sources. It became testy when TSX owners got all riled up and came defending their car stating some pretty stupid facts. Notice the DIFFERENCE in posts between previous Acura owners-Lexus cars compared to the 1 post TSX or Acura newbs.

If that thread was in Benz, BMW, hell Audi, it would sound the same. Acura is an entry-level luxury car company. That is the sum of the argument.
after reading through 6 pages, they already banned 2 people just in the thread for bad mouthing lexus. what a bunch of crap. maybe they are just a bunch of arrogant a$$holes
The newbs came on-board with personal attacks. One of them said "Lexus is for old Jewish Women". You can HAVE those people on your site.
wonder what battle is older.....acura vs. lexus or david vs. goliath?
Blackshadow and I used to want to kill one another. Now we are cool. Congrats on paying off the ride.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Instructor

I wasn't even refering to that thread, I've never been to club lexus, it's just an observation of my own. (yea, I dislike toyota in general, but that's a different story)

One thing, Toyota has done exceptionally well (_much_ better than Honda) is position their luxury brand to be seen as a luxury brang. Maybe Honda with the 04TL and 05RL are getting the message, but the RSX/TSX still should be Hondas, not an Acuras (not that those are bad cars, their not, it's just that they cause people to not view Acura as a more luxury brand). This was discussed here a while ago, IIRC.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:31 PM

I wasn't even refering to that thread, I've never been to club lexus, it's just an observation of my own. (yea, I dislike toyota in general, but that's a different story
Rule of thumb bub, NEVER take anything written on the internet too seriously or you'll be walking around mad all day
ne thing, Toyota has done exceptionally well (_much_ better than Honda) is position their luxury brand to be seen as a luxury brang. Maybe Honda with the 04TL and 05RL are getting the message, but the RSX/TSX still should be Hondas, not an Acuras (not that those are bad cars, their not, it's just that they cause people to not view Acura as a more luxury brand). This was discussed here a while ago, IIRC.
If you read the whole thread (it's a lot of reading) there is the history of what happened and the differences between the 2. It has been recognized, that Acura lost it after the Legend and is trying to catch up now with the new TL and TSX. Thing is, while the Legend, was built to be the best car in it's class, the new models are built to be the best value. This causes a paradox and problem.
We cannot argue though that Acura provides some of the best FWD cars on the road today.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Racer

When I owned an IS-300 SportCross, I spent some time at ClubLexus. The majority of the people there seem to be teenage/early twenties, barely educated, arrogant punks whose Daddies bought them an IS and now they think they are the ****. Needless to say, I don't waste my time there anymore.

As for the cars themselves, there's just no comparison; the TL beats the IS in every category. That's why I own a TL and not an IS now.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:35 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, due to poor weather outdoors etc I spent a few extra minutes reading the 6 pages of TL arguments/discussions on the Lexus site...

All I felt was a group of "Lexus folks/egos experiencing an inferiority complex/self esteem issue. The new TL is a great car getting lots of publicity.... Something Lexus currently isn't within the category. So, its taking them 6 pages or more to attempt explanation of why Lexus is overall superior. Some points valid, others not. Always comes down to personal opinions and "needs".

In my mind, Acura is a "more" expensive Honda, and Lexus is a "much much more" expensive Toyota.....

Smitty
Old 01-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Dr. TLS

LOL... look at them dissing the RL when their top of the line comes with a 300 hp V8. Honda/Acura's philosophy has always been to produce efficient cars and if they don't need a v8 to do it, more power to them. Typical ignorant comments like, "it doesn't have v8" or "it's not RWD so it can't handle." Honda is producing close to 300 HP with a 3.2L V6. If anything, the 300 hp v8 is lacking because not only does it not measure up in horsepower to some BMWs or Benzes, it also doesn't get good gas mileage.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:17 PM

When I owned an IS-300 SportCross, I spent some time at ClubLexus. The majority of the people there seem to be teenage/early twenties, barely educated, arrogant punks whose Daddies bought them an IS and now they think they are the ****. Needless to say, I don't waste my time there anymore
Well, dude, the IS is catered to younger Lexus people. And since they are mostly computer literate, of course they will be on the internet.
All I felt was a group of "Lexus folks/egos experiencing an inferiority complex/self esteem issue. The new TL is a great car getting lots of publicity.... Something Lexus currently isn't within the category. So, its taking them 6 pages or more to attempt explanation of why Lexus is overall superior. Some points valid, others not. Always comes down to personal opinions and "needs".
If that is what you got our the thread, you did not read the thread.
LOL... look at them dissing the RL when their top of the line comes with a 300 hp V8. Honda/Acura's philosophy has always been to produce efficient cars and if they don't need a v8 to do it, more power to them. Typical ignorant comments like, "it doesn't have v8" or "it's not RWD so it can't handle." Honda is producing close to 300 HP with a 3.2L V6. If anything, the 300 hp v8 is lacking because not only does it not measure up in horsepower to some BMWs or Benzes, it also doesn't get good gas mileage.
C'mon, Acura lovers diss the RL themselves. The 4.3 liter is not lacking. Don't get caught up in the "typical" peak Horsepower crap. The engine is faster or as fast as the competition. The fuel economy is the best compared to Benz/BMW, Audi, etc.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=129113

Typical Acura thread.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Banned

YES! Finally get to use this picture!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:24 PM
Safety Car

OMG i have never been to a lexus forum before, i can't believe the way they talk down at other car companies. i own a bmw and use to post on dtmpower.net all the time. people are always nice and never brag and boast about the brand name of their cars. wow this is so sad.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by caball88
OMG i have never been to a lexus forum before, i can't believe the way they talk down at other car companies. i own a bmw and use to post on dtmpower.net all the time. people are always nice and never brag and boast about the brand name of their cars. wow this is so sad.
very, very sad. I don't think the typical Lexus owner would act that way, just the less mature ones.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Banned

Lexus is like the Escalade a ghettho pimp mobile, all bling bling and very little substance.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by vtechbrain
Lexus is like the Escalade a ghettho pimp mobile, all bling bling and very little substance.

My thoughts exactly...all these ghetto guys drive lexus' and think they are pimped out...
Old 01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Dr. TLS

It seems like there are a lot of wannabees there. They drool over cars with prestige but own a Lexus because that's all they could afford. Ofcourse, there are a handful of normal people there too I would imagine.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:02 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
C'mon, Acura lovers diss the RL themselves. The 4.3 liter is not lacking. Don't get caught up in the "typical" peak Horsepower crap. The engine is faster or as fast as the competition. The fuel economy is the best compared to Benz/BMW, Audi, etc.
My my. How convenient of you to compare the fastest Lexus to the slowest of the competition. The M5 kills it. The E55 AMG kills it. I'm sure there are a few other models that kill it too. Not just speed but handling too. It's true that Acura owners diss the RL because it really isn't all that. But I wonder why Lexus owners never bytch that their GS430 gets owned by the cars mentioned above. I'll tell you why: half of them are like you and have their heads so far up their rear ends that they act like Lexus's official spokesperson and defend them and proclaim their superiority at all times. Do you guys get paid from Lexus? It seems like you love the company more than anything else in this life. Atleast on a "TYPICAL ACURA" thread, we don't justify our purchase over and over again and slight any of the competition.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Intermediate

I owned two lexus's. A GS400 and a GS430 and they were $hit. mThey sqeeked and rattleded ////I am very driunk. bye
Old 01-31-2004, 11:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by fuque
When I owned an IS-300 SportCross, I spent some time at ClubLexus. The majority of the people there seem to be teenage/early twenties, barely educated, arrogant punks whose Daddies bought them an IS and now they think they are the ****. Needless to say, I don't waste my time there anymore.

As for the cars themselves, there's just no comparison; the TL beats the IS in every category. That's why I own a TL and not an IS now.
try is300.net....that forum got all the *****es and whiners...
Old 02-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Andrenaline Junkie

Check out my response to the thread-excerpt below

Acura TL is not luxury: By whose definition? The TL boasts Xenon headlights, leather seats, heated seats, heated mirrors, memory seats, memory side mirrors, memory climate control, memory dash lights, all memory tied to key fob, DVD Audio(5.1 Surround) with 6 disc in dash changer, XM radio, Tilt and telescoping steering wheel, cupholders, vanity mirrors on both visors with lights, cargo nets in trunk, 17" wheels with 45 series tires, Bluetooth wireless phone technology (my buddy has to plug his phone into his Mercedes E430...how quaint), Vehichle skid control, Traction control, Front/side, side curtain air bags, auto dimming mirror, DVD navigation that can adjust the climate control based on the radiant heat load for whatever direction you are facing, true dual climate controls that allow you to adjust not jus the automatic temp but which vents it comes out of on your side, rear seat vents, 10-way power driver's seat, change holder, (2) 12V plugs, Roadside assistance, Radio controls and cruise control controls imbedded into steering wheel, not just hanging off as an after thought, map lights for rear passengers, reverse tilt down side mirrors, trip computer, and an on board computer system that allows you to personalize your settings such as autolocking and memory features. AND FINALLY THE BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL... with the exception of the navigation system, ITS ALL STANDARD FOR $32,000.00. Super fluffy luxury car with soft ride and decent acceration???? No. Absolute best bang for your buck at $32,000, YES! YES! YES! The IS, ES, and V-6 GS can check out my nice dual tip exhaust as I leave them behind rocking to some 5.1 surround sound!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Andrenaline Junkie

More excerpts

"Wow, this is a very interesting thread. It seems like Lexus owners tend to tie their self worth into the type of car they own. Must be a miserable way to live since there will always be someone with more money and a faster car. I must say just because you chose the Lexus does not make you, or the car, superior. I personally have owned several Toyota's including the following: '91 Tercel, 1997 4Runner Limited, 2000 Echo, 2002 Sequoia Limited(My wife's current Daily Driver), and a 2002 Camry, so I am no stanger to Toyota(Lexus) Quality. What most of the guys on this thread don't seem to understand is there are alot of variables that influence a car buying decision and not everyone is right for everyone even if you think "mines more luxury! mines more luxury!". When I had to purchase a sales vehicle in 11/2001, I considered several cars. I looked at the IS and a used GS430 for about $5000 more than the new IS. I have to be honest, I just never liked the look of the GS. I always thought it looked top heavy, and that larger rims did nothing to fix this. I loved the sporty look of the IS but when I test drove it, it just didn't have enough room for me and felt extremely cramped. My wife said the IS looked like something some wannabe 22 year old out of college would drive. I also felt that it really didn't have the power and performance I was looking for, sooooo instead of spending the extra money, I bought a new 2002 Camry SE V6. Great car, lots of room, soft ride, decent acceleration. It served me well for two years until I spied the new 2004 Acura TL. Now mind you I haven't owned a honda since my 1984 Civic in highschool, but something about this car just looked right. After researching this car for hours on the internet, I felt it had so much more to offer than anything out there for the money that I decided to buy it. For you twits that act like money didn't play into your buying decision, you're fools! I will guarantee you if money was no object I would not be driving a Lexus or an Acura. So I sold my Camry, at a loss I might add, and bought the TL. I love it. It looks great, has more standard features than any car out there in its class, and it performs very well. Just some things I had to comment on:
All this talk of Toyota V8's: How long did it take Toyota to put a freakin' V8 in a pickup truck and then look, it became all the rage.
The ES300: a glorified Camry. In fact, it was even slower and less agile than my Camry SE. Thus the need to release the ES330. They are not selling this car to people who want a sport sedan. I don't care how much #$%$ you've been smoking.
Torque Steer: 99% of the people who talk about this on these threads read about it somewhere and if they actually experienced it, probably didn't know it when it happened. Yes, under hard acceleration or less than perfect traction conditions, it can be a little un-nerving if you're not used to it or don't know how to react.
RX330: 4WD on Camry Platform. Lexus has sold a %#$#-load of these to affluent soccer moms and seniors. Does anyone actually take these cars off road???? Don't believe me??? Next time you're rolling down the freeway take your own little poll at who is driving these."
Old 02-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Racer

An even sadder thing is that one of the poster's, who is also a moderator on that forum, is also a moderator for the acura world forums. All he did was talk crap about acura. If you want to know who he was, his user name is ROMINL

On a side note, i think lexus cars are crap except for the ls430 and the sc430. I'd still take acura anyday.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by ColdFusionTL
An even sadder thing is that one of the poster's, who is also a moderator on that forum, is also a moderator for the acura world forums. All he did was talk crap about acura. If you want to know who he was, his user name is ROMINL

On a side note, i think lexus cars are crap except for the ls430 and the sc430. I'd still take acura anyday.
Rominl wasn't bashing on the TL..just comparing it. Then of course it become a huge fight when Acura lovers see the thread...hence...look where we are now.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Racer

Originally posted by vandy786
My my. How convenient of you to compare the fastest Lexus to the slowest of the competition. The M5 kills it. The E55 AMG kills it. I'm sure there are a few other models that kill it too. Not just speed but handling too. It's true that Acura owners diss the RL because it really isn't all that. But I wonder why Lexus owners never bytch that their GS430 gets owned by the cars mentioned above. I'll tell you why: half of them are like you and have their heads so far up their rear ends that they act like Lexus's official spokesperson and defend them and proclaim their superiority at all times. Do you guys get paid from Lexus? It seems like you love the company more than anything else in this life. Atleast on a "TYPICAL ACURA" thread, we don't justify our purchase over and over again and slight any of the competition.
Exactly! And who cares whether the TL is "Entry-Level" Luxury or "True" luxury. Who came up with these standards anyway? Anyone that worried about the exact classification of luxury of their car has bigger problems to deal with IMO.

Like the ClubLexus thread says, Acura has done well in its niche market. That's Honda's way, not fitting into the normal categories, instead, carving their own. It doesn't need to have the snob appeal of the Lexus, MB or BMW and believe it or not, there are some people who appreciate the more down to earth perception of Acura. They make excellent quality, sporty, and yes, luxurious automobiles that serve middle AND upper class (especially when the new RL comes out). I think they're doing just fine.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Racer

its so annoying how big headed lexus owners are. It's even worse than bimmer owners.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Racer

I've talked to 2 Acura salesmen and have mentioned I was considering the TL or the Lexus ES330. Neither one bad-mouthed the Lexus. Both said that were good cars, just different.

I'm not really considering the Lexus. I'm sure it is a good car, but to me it is more in the Buick LeSabre class.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro

Originally posted by catsailr
I've talked to 2 Acura salesmen and have mentioned I was considering the TL or the Lexus ES330. Neither one bad-mouthed the Lexus. Both said that were good cars, just different.

I'm not really considering the Lexus. I'm sure it is a good car, but to me it is more in the Buick LeSabre class.
IMO, the ES330 and TL go in two different directions.

To me, the ES is directed more towards people like my wife: female, 30-something college educated professional who wants a high quality luxury oriented sedan (read: plush) where performance is not a major consideration (read: soft).

The TL on the otherhand is directed towards someone like me: 25-40y/o male, college educated professional who values performance with some practicality (4dr-good size trunk), decent luxury appointments and good quality.

That said, neither are bad choices; just different.

Just my $.02.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Team Anthracite Peon

All I can say is, to each his own. I drive a TL, my wife drives a Lexus. We bought each car because we equate the brands with QUALITY, and they fiit our need and budget when we were shopping. Both cars have been superb...you guys can argue all day, but the end result is both companies make good cars.

Quick Reply: clublexus thinks acura is sh1t =P