Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cloudy spots on inside of gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloudy spots on inside of gauges

Has anyone experienced cloudy spots on the inside of the speedometer gauges' glass/plastic? All three of my instrument pods have small spots, like the electro- luminescent gauges are giving off some kind of gas. Kind of annoying for a car in this price range. Would it be wise to have the dealer mess with this or am I asking for trouble? Also, has anyone noticed how easily the aluminum trim near the seat belt gets dented and scratched? My car is less than three months old and I am pretty careful, but it really looks beat up already. Hate to sound so negative, love the car, just venting on a few annoyances.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro

ziggy, i see you new...first of all welcome to the forums...2ndly, regarding the cloudy spots? hmmmm i havn't heard of that before. best thing to do is to bring it back to the dealer and ask them about it. if it is a common problem they would know what to do. lastly, about the aluminum trim, it's a common problem. it's very soft. if you want another list of early build problems just use the search ......
Old 03-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Racer

Re: Cloudy spots on inside of gauges

Originally posted by Ziggy
Has anyone experienced cloudy spots on the inside of the speedometer gauges' glass/plastic? All three of my instrument pods have small spots, like the electro- luminescent gauges are giving off some kind of gas. Kind of annoying for a car in this price range. Would it be wise to have the dealer mess with this or am I asking for trouble? Also, has anyone noticed how easily the aluminum trim near the seat belt gets dented and scratched? My car is less than three months old and I am pretty careful, but it really looks beat up already. Hate to sound so negative, love the car, just venting on a few annoyances.
I posted that I have the same exact thing couple days ago- cloudyish residue on inside of lens speedo & tach. I think it is "out-gassing" of the plastic on the bezel.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, if it IS out-gassing, at least that's more excusable than if the factory is sloppily installing dirty lenses in the first place.

As for the dented aluminum, yup, the only solution is to train yourself not to whack it when you latch your belt. I had a CL before, with plood where our aluminum is, and it must have sustained 1,000 such whacks - with NO visible damage. So I didn't bother training myself. Now I have to.