3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close to getting TL, can't make up my mind!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close to getting TL, can't make up my mind!

Hey everyone. I'm selling my 2001 330ci to get something a little different.

Right now, I am torn between the TL and G35 Coupe (both Autos with NAV). I love the TL's interior, features, and roominess. However, it's exterior styling is nice, but not head turning by any means. The G35 Coupe is the opposite. The exterior is gorgeous, but I don't like the interior that much; but the performance is much better with the G35. I just can't make up my mind on what I want. Any opinions?

Thanks,
-Brandon
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
IMHO, I like to say G coupe is good for your age. If you like its gorgeous appearance, most of friends will like it, too.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Royal Flush

Originally Posted by brandonb

Right now, I am torn between the TL and G35 Coupe (both Autos with NAV). I love the TL's interior, features, and roominess. However, it's exterior styling is nice, but not head turning by any means. The G35 Coupe is the opposite. The exterior is gorgeous, but I don't like the interior that much; but the performance is much better with the G35. I just can't make up my mind on what I want. Any opinions?

Thanks,
-Brandon

Drive them both...see what YOU like best.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:21 AM
Intermediate

I say keep the bimmer, unless you need the space. The TL could handle but not even close to a 3-series as they are heavy. In addition, you have the 330 so power is fine.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Intermediate

What coincidence. I drove my friends G35 Couple just yesterday. He wanted to teach me how to drive a manual transmission. My over all impression of the car was good. Sharp looking exterior, (resembles the Z), interior was not that bad, extremely comfortable seats (Resembled overstuffed leather sofa chairs). The performance was pretty good considering I was just learving to drive it. THe car sounds awesome too.

As for the TL, I drove one last weekend, and liked it as well. My advice to you is if you want something that is pure performance and sport, go with the G35. If you would like to mix it up a bit, (i.e. sport, plus maybe a lazy day drive with the lady), go for the TL.

You and I are close in age, but I'd rather go with the TL. Larger car, better in the weather where I live, and I plan on having it for at least 4 years, so by that time I will be in my mid to late 20's and no need for a sports car anymore.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Interesting. Interesting.

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks,
-Brandon

I agree with rets. At 21, I would go with the G35 Coupe. It's sportier than the TL and a little younger looking. The TL is more luxurious, which you'll have plenty of time for in years to come.

I agree that the G35 Coupe is a head turner (especially in a dark color like black). Interestingly, I find the G35 Sedan to be ugly. The TL looks much better on the outside than the G35 Sedan.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Intermediate

i was in same boat

could not get past the toy-like interior stuff on the G. the steering wheel alone makes me want to throw up. the buttons look like crap!!!!
the TL wheel looks like it belongs in a car that costs what you are paying for it, not the opposite like the G!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Team NBP

Both cars are babe bait. So, get the one you feel the best in. I went with the TL but, I'm older the women. I deal with want luxury and style. Of course I have a rare color ABP /w NAVI Gold Emblem Kit, and 20% tint.

I would suggest get the one you like. If performance is your pref go G35. or stay with the 330.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Advanced

Remember that while the exterior of a vehicle is what other people see when they see your car, the interior is what you see everytime you drive it. If you're more concerned with what other people about your car, then go for the G35. If you really don't like the interior of the G35, just think about looking at it every day that you drive it. (Of course it may grow on you over time, so who knows.)

Good luck with your decision!!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks,
-Brandon
Its a tough call - only you can decide.

They're both great cars. One thing to consider - the TL has tons of room. I've driven sports cars most of my life and never had enough room.