Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear bra ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:12 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear bra ??

what do you guys think about the clear bra?? and would you get it? and whats the differences besides the name theres invisible patterns, xpel, sc clear kits, 3m?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JTL__ACURA
what do you guys think about the clear bra?? and would you get it? and whats the differences besides the name theres invisible patterns, xpel, sc clear kits, 3m?
IMO, the number of members who have Paint Protection Film (PPF) will swear by it and will also say it is the best investment made. The urethane film is produced by several companies i.e. 3M, Llumar, Bekaert, Venture Tape and couple others. Xpel, Invisible Mask, Clearshield, Invinca-Shield are basically a 3rd party who sells/installs pre-cut kits to the consumer. It's the same as automotive window film - buy bulk from the manufacturer and sell to public and the majority of those businesses use 3M film. Use the search on clearbra to get more info from previous threads/posts and believe me, there are a good number of threads on this subject. Here's a link to the 3G Garage Item H covers clear bra. You can also contact/PM Rockblocker (authorized vendor) or Mark 3M bra man for more info.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Advanced

This is my 3rd car with a xpel and as long as you have a good installer...the product is sweet. It's like laminating the front of your car!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Racer

I have it on my 911 and the TL. It's very worth it if rock chips bug you and/or you track your car.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Advanced

If you want to go with 3M, I will pick Invinca-Sheild over Xpel. I have Invinca-Shield on the TL and Xpel on the 350z. They cost about the same; $675 for the TL and $600 for the 350z. My installer said he will definitely recommend Invinca-Shield for the TL. If you take a look at the diagrams of both products, you will see the front bumper of I-S comes in 2 pieces. This makes installation alot easier. In other words, the installer can do a much better job. The I-S also has better coverage.

In terms of value, I think it totally worth it. On top of the protection you get, it also makes washing your car easier. The front bumper is the area with the most dead bugs. With the clear bra, you can scrub harder without worrying scratching the paint.

My point of view is since I've already invested $35k on this car, I don't see why I shouldn't invest another $700 to protect it.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Instructor

cool, I am thinking the same 35k might as well spend a little money to protect it. I was on the Invinca shield website the other day and the little clip they have of the BMW getting scratched was amazing. they ripped off the film and there was no scratch. to tell you the truth I work on planes and on the A320 rudder there is also a film so when they say they use it on planes they do.
the question I have now is lets say down the road, you remove the film, wouldnt you people think the car would be different colors due to the fact that you are covering some parts of the car. the washing, the sun, the weather wouldnt it after a while be a different color from the car
Old 08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also read about the 3M Clear Bra Test on a S2K and the results were amazing.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I slow down for COPS

Cool

Originally Posted by iamthebert
If you want to go with 3M, I will pick Invinca-Sheild over Xpel. I have Invinca-Shield on the TL and Xpel on the 350z. They cost about the same; $675 for the TL and $600 for the 350z. My installer said he will definitely recommend Invinca-Shield for the TL. If you take a look at the diagrams of both products, you will see the front bumper of I-S comes in 2 pieces. This makes installation alot easier. In other words, the installer can do a much better job. The I-S also has better coverage.
That is funny. If you get a great installer, they will do as good of a job with any kit. The Invinca-Shield is more DO-IT YOURSELF kit. And, do you see all the extra cuts (by the corner of the lights, etc.)

The one piece kit is harder to install (that is maybe why your installer wants the easier Invinca-Shield), but looks better afterwards because it has no seam. Of course, if you get a bad install, they will all look like crap.

It all boils down to the quality of installation and the experience the installer has!!!

Good luck in staying rock chip free.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Instructor

I have the clear bra on my TL. I think it's an absolute must if you do any commuting.