Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

choosing color

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
choosing color

Ok, so I'm pretty much down to deciding which color combo. I generally like a lighter interior; so I'm eyeing the parchment and camel. The camel is a little bit orange IMO, so I'm leaning towards the parchment. For exterior, I'm eyeing the green and red.

So green/parchment, red/parchment; but possibly red/ebony or anthracite/ebony. The antracite is an excellent color for the car; but it seems very popular, and the weather is too gray as it is here in seattle - so a little more vibrant color would be nice.

Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

red/parchment!! it's beautiful, i just can't own a red car seeing as how i get enough cops on my ass now.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Advanced

i'm going to be getting black on black with the A-Spec package... its gorgeous... hehe

But in ur case, I think the red/parchment will look sweet
Old 03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Instructor

DO NOT get the red. Get any color, but the red.

I have a red/ebony and I don't want to see another one on the road damnit!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Racer

Color

Love my green/parchment color combo.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Racer

While awaiting delivery of my car, they loaned me an 04 White/Parchment. The Parchment leather and carpets are a nice color, and they look nice with the faux wood. But the top of the dash, doors, and the door grips are still black, and I didn't care for the way Parchment blended with the black upper surfaces and the aluminum trim. Quartz isn't bad, but the monotone theme of the Ebony and faux carbon fiber are much nicer with the aluminum, IMO. More sporty, still elegant.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
SSH
Advanced

For something different take a look at green/parchment, I've only seen one but it looked great.

White also looks great, if only they made it with Ebony Someone at Acura should get a pink-slip for making that call.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Sorry Bartman, already got one but I'm on the east coast so I don't think I'll bump into you. The only one I've seen around here is a white one. I had mine into work today for the first time and got a lot of great comments about the Red color so I guess it was worth the wait.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Racer

if you like people you dont know staring maniacally at your car and others giving you complements [especially if youre not an egomaniac or a-hole] get the white and parchment combo. TRUST ME you wont be sorry. its the best combo especially in sunlight.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: choosing color

Originally posted by Lozenge
Ok, so I'm pretty much down to deciding which color combo. I generally like a lighter interior; so I'm eyeing the parchment and camel. The camel is a little bit orange IMO, so I'm leaning towards the parchment. For exterior, I'm eyeing the green and red.

So green/parchment, red/parchment; but possibly red/ebony or anthracite/ebony. The antracite is an excellent color for the car; but it seems very popular, and the weather is too gray as it is here in seattle - so a little more vibrant color would be nice.

Thoughts?
How about go to your local dealer and have them line up the green TL next to the red TL next to the anthracite TL.....this is how I ended up making my color choice. Looked at them side by side in the same conditions and just stared and stared and stared....and then ended up drooling on the Anthracite one.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

the red TL is hideous
Old 03-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by acuraddict
the red TL is hideous
You need to share whatever it is you're smoking:smokin:

Obviously I am biased, but to say that it is hideous is ridiculous. When we are able to post pics again I will post some pics of mine polished up with the OEM 18's on it and it is absolutely beautiful.

Don't be a hater because you chose the old man WDP/Parchment.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Being that you like the parchment interior have you considered the NBP. Great color. As I have in other posts to me nothing looks as good as a shiny black car. IMHO. But in the end you need to go with what you like the best.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:26 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Bartman
You need to share whatever it is you're smoking:smokin:

Obviously I am biased, but to say that it is hideous is ridiculous. When we are able to post pics again I will post some pics of mine polished up with the OEM 18's on it and it is absolutely beautiful.

Don't be a hater because you chose the old man WDP/Parchment.

Don't be an old man hater since your obviously "younger"....

I'm 40+ and love my WDP W/Parch but feel damn young at heart. I would give "acuraddict" the benefit of the doubt and say he was just pushing your button... Then again, maybe he does really dislike the Red - Everyone has an opinion. I myself feel the brown color TL is "hideous. But that shouldn't stop someone else who loves it from getting one.

Back on topic: If I had to decide all over again,,,, I’ll be the first to admit it would be an extremely tough choice between red or white.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Racer

Re: choosing color

Lozenge,

The parchment interior looks best but would look even better if the door handles weren't black and Acura got rid of the aluminum trim. The best exteriors that come with parchment are white, red, and black. I don't care for green cause it's not a hunter's green. Black looks best but it's a pain to keep clean, ages fast, and gets hot in the summer. White looks great but it's not a color. That leaves red which is probably the best color after black and blue. Go with red. It looks awesome and there aren't that many red TLs on the road.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: choosing color

Originally posted by HondaOnly
Lozenge,

The parchment interior looks best but would look even better if the door handles weren't black and Acura got rid of the aluminum trim. The best exteriors that come with parchment are white, red, and black. I don't care for green cause it's not a hunter's green. Black looks best but it's a pain to keep clean, ages fast, and gets hot in the summer. White looks great but it's not a color. That leaves red which is probably the best color after black and blue. Go with red. It looks awesome and there aren't that many red TLs on the road.

Good lordy, stop beating me when I’m down,,,...... Now I'm an old man who picked a car having no color..

Damn the luck.... Although, I do like my "DP" (Diamond Pearl) w/Parchment
Old 03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by KJSmitty
Don't be an old man hater since your obviously "younger"....

I'm 40+ and love my WDP W/Parch but feel damn young at heart. I would give "acuraddict" the benefit of the doubt and say he was just pushing your button... Then again, maybe he does really dislike the Red - Everyone has an opinion. I myself feel the brown color TL is "hideous. But that shouldn't stop someone else who loves it from getting one.

Back on topic: If I had to decide all over again,,,, I’ll be the first to admit it would be an extremely tough choice between red or white.

I like the WDP as well and would have looked at it as an option if Ebony interior was available. I just wanted to give acuraddict some sh1t.

I like old people, I hope to be one someday.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Instructor

getting old is better than the alternative.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:08 PM
5th Gear

It took me probally 2 seconsd to choose that the anthracite ebony combo would be the way to go, now I just need to get those windows tintes, deck lid, better tires, and the back up sensors and i am set
Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
5th Gear

Any thoughts on the antracite with quartz? Saw one at the local dealership...very nice...but it is too monochromatic?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Zaino under fingernails

Lozenge,

Spend a few minutes looking at other cars on the road during a busy period, like rush hour. As you see other cars of the same colors as you're choosing, you may get some help deciding what you want the most.

Also, try this game. Picture what gender the drivers are based on color alone. My guess is that as you look at the red, you'll more often than not imagine that they are driven by females. This may or may not matter to you - I don't know your gender for that matter.

I struggled between red, silver and black for a week or more, with anthracite occasionally torturing me as well. I ended up going with silver with ebony.

You can't go too wrong, that's for sure. They all look great IMO.

BrandHdriver
Austin, TX
Old 03-03-2004, 12:02 AM
10th Gear

Current preferences: 1) red/ebony (I had a light interior previously and I liked it; but it did get dirty easily) 2) red/parchment, although I havent seen the combo yet 3) green/parchment 4) anthracite/ebony. I don't really like the fake wood, wonder what the carbon would look like instead with the lighter interiors.

I'm surprised at how much I like the red. I had thought it would be too bright for my taste like TSX red.

I'm a guy, a car guy, and I can't help but look closely at cars when appropriate in traffic. Thinking about it, I seem to see more guys in silver, gray, anthracite, black, basically colorless cars; and more women in brighter, colored cars. I've noticed lots of "red honda girls" - hmm, maybe that means chics will dig the red TL

When I was checking them out this last weekend at the local dealer, I asked the salesman what he thought the LEAST popular color was. He mentioned he hadn't seen much red at all; but that they were easily selling every silver/anth car that came through. Looking at their incoming list, they have 12 anth, 8 silver, and 2 red. Hmmm, this might mean a longish wait.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Racer

the redondo red looks good sometimes and crappy others. the quartz interior always looks bad. look at a rental car interior sometime. saying white isnt a color is idiotic. it does seem that silver or black or anthracite seem to be macho man colors. suit yourself because youre the one who has to live with it.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 AM
9th Gear

Beautiful in Blue !

I have an '04 in Abyss Blue (think dark sapphire) and Camel Leather. Great combo ! I get compliments and stares all the time. Interior - the effect from the camel leather/wood grain accents/black window sills is classic.
The exterior takes more work to keep looking clean than a lighter color would but I think this model looks best in the darker colors.
I'll get the rear window tinted before spring/summer to finish the look.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Lozenge
Current preferences: 1) red/ebony (I had a light interior previously and I liked it; but it did get dirty easily) 2) red/parchment, although I havent seen the combo yet 3) green/parchment 4) anthracite/ebony. I don't really like the fake wood, wonder what the carbon would look like instead with the lighter interiors.

I'm surprised at how much I like the red. I had thought it would be too bright for my taste like TSX red.

I'm a guy, a car guy, and I can't help but look closely at cars when appropriate in traffic. Thinking about it, I seem to see more guys in silver, gray, anthracite, black, basically colorless cars; and more women in brighter, colored cars. I've noticed lots of "red honda girls" - hmm, maybe that means chics will dig the red TL

When I was checking them out this last weekend at the local dealer, I asked the salesman what he thought the LEAST popular color was. He mentioned he hadn't seen much red at all; but that they were easily selling every silver/anth car that came through. Looking at their incoming list, they have 12 anth, 8 silver, and 2 red. Hmmm, this might mean a longish wait.
I have seen about thirty TLs around Seattle in the past few weeks and they are all Silver, Anth, and NBP. I have only seen one WDP, Gold, and RR on the road. Yesterday I saw two Anth 03TL type S parked right next to each other at the grocery store. I want to avoid that happening to me if possible. A tough decision, but you can't go wrong with Red, Blue, or Green.

Those who live in Seattle get enough white, grey, and black in their lives.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Bartman
I like the WDP as well and would have looked at it as an option if Ebony interior was available. I just wanted to give acuraddict some sh1t.

I like old people, I hope to be one someday.
Age is relative to physical and mental well being, and that's it. I'll be 40 in April, but I'm in the best shape of my life (been working out for 25 years), and my wife is gorgeous.

I think the red TL is the ugliest color available, and I would have said the same thing about this color when I was 20. My tastes have not changed that much through the years, and my experience is that most people don't really change that much over time. I'm still the same guy I was when I was 20 or 30 in many ways.

The red TL is dreary, and the color clashes with the red of the tail light assembly. I like the White TL because it looks clean even after a few days of rain, it shows the lines of the car really well, and its not so common looking like the anthracite or the silver.

Remember, its just one guy's opinion, not an absolute.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Advanced

The red is an unusual shade of red (lots of blue in it) that I don't find attractive.

Then there is the green, which is called Avocado Green. Haven't seen it in person. How does it look?
Old 03-03-2004, 10:15 PM
tgt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by talltexguy
Any thoughts on the antracite with quartz? Saw one at the local dealership...very nice...but it is too monochromatic?
Personally, I opted for the Anthracite/Ebony (should be here in a couple of weeks). I may be biased, I had black leather in my S4 and will probably never go back to a lighter leather again. I'm not sure what it is....the look of the black leather to me just looks much nicer. Obviously, just my opinion!

Good Luck!
Travis
Old 03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by acuraddict
Age is relative to physical and mental well being, and that's it. I'll be 40 in April, but I'm in the best shape of my life (been working out for 25 years), and my wife is gorgeous.

I think the red TL is the ugliest color available, and I would have said the same thing about this color when I was 20. My tastes have not changed that much through the years, and my experience is that most people don't really change that much over time. I'm still the same guy I was when I was 20 or 30 in many ways.

The red TL is dreary, and the color clashes with the red of the tail light assembly. I like the White TL because it looks clean even after a few days of rain, it shows the lines of the car really well, and its not so common looking like the anthracite or the silver.

Remember, its just one guy's opinion, not an absolute.
I would hope that you wouldn't say your wife is ugly.

I'm sure you are a stud, but you are still wrong.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mitchdeerfield
The red is an unusual shade of red (lots of blue in it) that I don't find attractive.

Then there is the green, which is called Avocado Green. Haven't seen it in person. How does it look?
I didn't care for it so much, but I don't want to insult those who like it / own it. It's OK, but I prefer a richer green. IMO the TL green is kind of ...to put it nicely... understated.

I decided on the Camel interior first because I just really like it. Others find it too orange or feel it clashes with other aspects of the interior. I find it bold and refreshing and I think the contrast between the black plastic and the leather is striking, not clashing.

Having chosen my interior, I picked out three exterior colors I thought would go best with the Camel: Green, Anthracite, and Blue. (I'm just not a black or white car person, but I think both of those could look great with the Camel as well.)

The blue is beautiful, but very similar in color to the Blue/Parchment CL I have now, and I wanted something different. So it came down to the Green and Anthracite. In person it was no contest. As I said, I found the Green a little dull for my tastes, whereas the Anthracite looks alive despite being grey.

Yes there may be more of them on the road than the green or the blue, but I wouldn't recommend choosing a color just because it's less common. Choose the color you like best.

So now I wait for my 5AT/Navi Anthracite/Camel, ordered about two weeks ago, expected in towards the end of this month.

But I agree with someone who said earlier in this thread that you can't really go wrong with whatever colors you choose...as long as you're getting a TL you're doing yourself a good thing!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Instructor

I've owned a lot of red cars over the years and other than possibly attracting the law enforcement types, it is a color that doesn't show dirt, scratches, and is fairly easy to match with touchup paint. Where I park at work, all I see are silver and black lexuses, G-35s and BMWs. I want something that is different. I've gotten a lot of good coments about the car and particularly about the color.