Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBP A-Spec Sides and other Discontinued Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
CBP A-Spec Sides and other Discontinued Parts

so here's the deal, I'm aware that the CBP a-spec sides have been discontinued as well as other a-spec and non a-spec parts in certain colors. so I call Tim from oemacuraparts just to ask if he could track down a set. he calls me back and confirms that there isn't a dealership in the country that had them but I should try a Canadian Acura parts dealer. I take his advice and for shits I call Acura of Toronto. well Tim was spot on!! they have them as well as many other ideas which are no longer available in the states. granted the part numbers and paint codes are totally different I was able to confirm that these parts are obtainable but..... there's a catch. I was told the price of the sides were $750, so obviously I laugh and tell the parts dept. guy that I don't want the whole kit just the sides and that price he gave me was wrong. he the replied "oh no the price I gave u is correct and if u want the whole a-spec kit the total will be $2550.00". yea u heard right!!!! so needless to say I hung up without purchasing a thing and will be doing the type-s sides that i originally planned instead of having another color painted to match, which I may do down the road if it bothers me enough. the moral of the story is to either dish out some serious cash for these parts or just have them painted and hope the auto body guys match the paint and pearl well.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 78 Posts
holy crap ! thats an insane amount of money. when I bought either my front or rear lip my guy at my local dealer tracked down supposedly the last painted CBP in the country! so thats another reason why I don't wanna risk cracking it this winter lol
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
flappy paddles

Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickyp39
holy crap ! thats an insane amount of money. when I bought either my front or rear lip my guy at my local dealer tracked down supposedly the last painted CBP in the country! so thats another reason why I don't wanna risk cracking it this winter lol
I seriously doubt that. I bought my kit 2 weeks ago and there were a few CBP kits left.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 AM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Otacon
I seriously doubt that. I bought my kit 2 weeks ago and there were a few CBP kits left.
I've called a bunch of places and only the sides are gone, the rest of the lot is available most places especially the type-s kit. if u know where to get a-spec sides let me know or buy them and ill take them off ur hands, until then ill be using stock type-s sides
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 78 Posts
I didn't really believe it was THE last one either but he said all his computer was showing was 1 left. But hey it made me feel special