Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catching a lot of slack for my TL...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Catching a lot of slack for my TL...

Hey guys... I don't know if you guys have this problem (maybe the younger crowd) but I catch a lot of slack for owning a TL... people saying "mommy and daddy" paid for it, etc - when in fact they haven't put a penny into it...

just seein if you guys do as well.... most recently I was with my gf and some of her friends and one of her friends had a Subaru... hatchback something or another with a turbo on it. we call it a "SUBEEOOO" because its missing the "R" on the back...

Anyway one of the girls there said we should race, and this pencil necked weasal chirps "haha ill give you a head start" and then the "OHHHH's." I had to think of something pretty quick so I told him that it wouldn't be necessary... i just said that yeah, he'd beat me because he has a boost on his car... and that mine was heavy... and then hes asked why i bought such a heavy car and that I must not know anything about cars, etc etc. i came back at him that i didn't buy the car for speed, although it can hold its own very well, but i bought if for the luxury. i said "you can look there standing cool with this short shorts on (dude was wearing really short shorts LOL) talking about your beat up "SUBEEOOOO" with its neat little hoodscoop all you want, but i guarantee you, that if we met these girls for the first time (refering to the 5 or6 girls there at the time) they would rather get in my ride than yours.

my car is straight sexy... yours is beat up... but it has speed... girls dont get cars for speed... the like them for luck... so you can have your speed, and ill have these lovely ladies right here (actually two of them were butt ugly, then my gf and a couple of her friends - but i was making a point)"

Then he says "well mommy and daddy dont buy me cars" and i replied "thats funny, me either, im the same age as you rollin around in a $30k+ car for PLEASURE... so you can have your hoodscoop and fart can... im gonna go back to my black on black leather and my luxery car"

So that was the most recent thing that i have caught slack.... the other CONSTANT slack is that my buddy, whom im sure ive talked about, has a "daddy paid for" 2 year lease on a pontiac G6 MT... ALWAYS comapres our cars... just to one-up... but thus far he has only beat me once out of 3 races... his car is sooo bland... its irritating its $23k with nothing to show for it...

do any of you get the same stuff? how do you reply? its kind of like the issue: https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/ozium-163859/
Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

In one direction, you show maturity and pride for owning and buying the TL on your own. Then you show a lack of maturity by beating the shit out of it.
If you are mature enough, rise above the crowd, and maybe find some new friends that will appreciate you for what and who you are.
Don't go down to their level, make them come up to yours!
Take care and pride in your investment, and yourself.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Yea I get the same shiet as well. I was 21 when I bought my TL. I attend school full time and work my ass of at work to maintain keeping this car.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i had friends to race like that....they all went with the damn minivans. i would have gotten a minivan but just one baby doesnt justify a minivan yet. its no fun beating minivans.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
In one direction, you show maturity and pride for owning and buying the TL on your own. Then you show a lack of maturity by beating the shit out of it.
If you are mature enough, rise above the crowd, and maybe find some new friends that will appreciate you for what and who you are.
Don't go down to their level, make them come up to yours!
Take care and pride in your investment, and yourself.
i dont race my TL... i speed... lol but racing it very rarely... ive done a few runs before ovbiously.... but i dont RACE race..., dont worry lol im not beating the hell outta it... i care too much about it - and my wallet to pay for damage.

but i get what your saying...

hahaa... stupid minivans - whyd they all choose those? kids?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
The problem isn't the car you drive, it's the people you hang out with. It wouldn't matter if you drove a Yugo or a Ferrari. They would still be saying & doing the same shit. Many people are insecure and feel it necessary to justify their decisions in life to themselves. Try not to take it personal (or get new friends)...
Old 08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Intermediate

I'm 20 and I don't get crap for mine, as I already bought a house. People don't tend to bother you about things like that when you've got your act together. I'd just brush the haters off if I were you. You're doing well for yourself so far. Don't lose that.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by PnZrFsT
I'm 20 and I don't get crap for mine, as I already bought a house. People don't tend to bother you about things like that when you've got your act together. I'd just brush the haters off if I were you. You're doing well for yourself so far. Don't lose that.
thanks man
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I'm at a loss as to why we're having yet another discussion of mommy/daddy-bought cars...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Advanced

Isn't it catching a lot of flack?

Marginally off topic, but I think the word you want is flack, not slack.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Can someone translate?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm your Huckleberry

fantom, it is a maturity-level and insecurity thing like the previous posters are saying. When someone talks smack to you or about you, there is no come back you can use that will make it better.

If you come up with something more clever than him, he'll just start to resent you or worse begin to hate you. You don't want someone like this around because he'll start talking behind your back and undermining your relationship with your other friends.

I think the best thing you can say is either,"Why do you say that?" and let him continue to shove his foot in his mouth, or just say,"Well, I like it." People respect maturity.

THEN ASK ALL THE GIRLS IF THEY WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by chill_dog
I'm at a loss as to why we're having yet another discussion of mommy/daddy-bought cars...
We aren't having a discussion about mommy/daddy... its about people talking sh*t about a TL... Unless you were trolling the thread and needed to put that "constructive" remark in there.

Originally Posted by Johndoyle
Marginally off topic, but I think the word you want is flack, not slack.
lol, that is true - good catch on that!

Originally Posted by RockOut
fantom, it is a maturity-level and insecurity thing like the previous posters are saying. When someone talks smack to you or about you, there is no come back you can use that will make it better.

If you come up with something more clever than him, he'll just start to resent you or worse begin to hate you. You don't want someone like this around because he'll start talking behind your back and undermining your relationship with your other friends.

I think the best thing you can say is either,"Why do you say that?" and let him continue to shove his foot in his mouth, or just say,"Well, I like it." People respect maturity.

THEN ASK ALL THE GIRLS IF THEY WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE!!!
Yeah, that's true... I'd be insecure if I was him too, LOL JK JK JK but thanks for the advice!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
'07 NBP TL

can't you say, "I'm too old for that kind of stuff, it makes my bone ache." followed by a *chuckle*. I say that sometimes just to not do stuff.
you can also say, "ok, I race you... by foot. You see that stop sign?" (Now that's skill!)
Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm your Huckleberry

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
Yeah, that's true... I'd be insecure if I was him too, LOL JK JK JK but thanks for the advice!
And thank you for taking advice from an old man like me , being a little older gives a diff perspective because of my endless stupid mistakes.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm your Huckleberry

And if none of that crap works, just wait til he passes out one night...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

nope - noone says anything to me, I'm 27, make twice as much as any of my friends do, own a house in a very nice area in suffolk county, Long Island...and bought my car.

if people say anything to me, or try to compare, I tell them to buy an appreciating asset (house, condo, co-op etc) before delving 40k into a "depreciating" one. I have my priorities in check and none of them can really say anything to me after that...furthermore, they mostly all still live with mommy and daddy. I don't and haven't since I was 21...in one of the 5 overall most expensive places to live in the country (long island).
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Advanced

It's mind over matter... you shouldn't mind what they say, because they don't matter.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
who give's a shit what other people think. you obviously did well for yourself and you deserve it. move on imho.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Get this straight!

1. If you continue to compare yourself against others, or what others think, you are going to miserable the rest of your life.

2. It is NOT a contest. You only have to live up to your own expectations, NOT someone elses.

When you understand those two things, you'll never worry about the things in your original post again.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

hey guys... yeah that all makes sense... it does make me feel good knowing i bought my car, and am getting my own place (13 days!!!)... i hear ya... i think we can all, to some extent, say that we are successful... not everyone can afford/and or spend wiseley enough for a $30k car.

thanks!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=fant0m_TL]i dont race my TL... i speed... lol but racing it very rarely... ive done a few runs before ovbiously.... but i dont RACE race..., dont worry lol im not beating the hell outta it... i care too much about it - and my wallet to pay for damage.

Sorry, I must have misread that 6th paragraph where you said you had been beaten only one out of 3 races.
Anyway, I'm sure you get the point.
Good luck to you.
I'm outta here
Old 08-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YEAH, I hear ya man....I get a lot of crap for being too young to drive this car myself.

Who gives a shit? it's your car, it's your attitude towards it that counts. I never cared what anyone else thought, neither should you.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

Oh to be young and stupid again...well maybe just young. Simple word of advice...keep your head up and stand above it all. If you're feeling insecure go ahead and race the mofo and just beat him. But seriously, it ain't worth your time...save it. Remember, the masses are the asses and there's nothing more they'd love than to see you be just one of them. Stay cool.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:26 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

To be honesty with you, I do get a little pissed seeing 18-21 yr olds owning a TL or any other car in that price range. I guess you can call it jealously. It wasn't until 4 or 5 yrs ago that I could actually afford this car. I drove my parents car, then my brothers 1985 Citation, etc. My parents paid for my college and living expenses and were more than generous. We had everything we wanted, but worked throughout high school and college for extra money. I now can afford just about any car I want, own a house, etc, but choose the TL. If I can ask, how did you pay for your car?? Not that I want to bash, but just to see how kids are making it these days. I assume it's harder now then 15 yrs ago. I always think of that movie "Can't Buy Me Love", with the kid who mowed lawns to get a telescope.....now he's Dr McDreamy...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by GUMP
To be honesty with you, I do get a little pissed seeing 18-21 yr olds owning a TL or any other car in that price range. I guess you can call it jealously. It wasn't until 4 or 5 yrs ago that I could actually afford this car. I drove my parents car, then my brothers 1985 Citation, etc. My parents paid for my college and living expenses and were more than generous. We had everything we wanted, but worked throughout high school and college for extra money. I now can afford just about any car I want, own a house, etc, but choose the TL. If I can ask, how did you pay for your car?? Not that I want to bash, but just to see how kids are making it these days. I assume it's harder now then 15 yrs ago. I always think of that movie "Can't Buy Me Love", with the kid who mowed lawns to get a telescope.....now he's Dr McDreamy...
hey, no offense taken at all... first, for some history, ive always been about 15 minutes ahead of my time... so friends - real friends, mind you - are far and few between, because i dont do all the stupid things the other "kids" do. I got my first job when i was 12 as a paper boy until i was 14. i made 20 bucks a week. i wantde to buy my own computer (which lead me to where i am today). I was saving every single week - i didnt have bills or anything so it was easy... and i got 800 bucks and bought my first computer...

... then i got a job at mcdonalds... after that, i worked mcdonalds and at Target (mcdonalds 6-2 and Target 3-10) every day in the summer (MOSTLY everyday - i had to have SOME time off) and then when i was at school i had a night job... from school to work... mind you, i was making like $7 so i was MAYBE taking home like $200 bucks every two weeks... that went to a cell phone, car insurance, and gas... lol so i learned to be frugle.

I have alsways been working, and more than once worked two jobs at once in addition to freelancing web design.

I was going to join the Marines after high school but I got an unbelieveable offer for a job interview with a company called Metavante - where i currently work (and ironically enough, am at right now lol). at 19 years old I make as much as a middle aged man... which is very beneficial to me... because im, in some senses, waay ahead of the game. I just got a new place and this car... so life is decent... im by no means rich, but i have figured out a decent way to invest my money and save it. I also just signed paperwork to make my freelancing situation into a reality - in the next month I will have my own LLC.

Web Design is what I LOVE to do, I just got a new position at my job for web design, and this LLC for extra spending money...

The sticker on my car was $29800. I got the car for $26300 and put a $5000 down payment... payments on the car are steep - $470 a month and then my rent and insurance and gas and cell phone and everything... but the way i see it, im going nowhere but up. My school i initially pay for, but depending on my grade, i get tuition reimbursement at work - if I get an A they pay 100% if I get a B 90% a C is 80% - so that really helps!

I miss out on the "fun college life" but i know that im the only one my age with what i have and i can lay my head down at night knowing that i have earned it... at the same time, i kind of miss bein a kid - a kid in the sense of not having bills and all responsibilities and stuff
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm your Huckleberry

You're way ahead of the game, at least the game I was playing at 19.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I can ask, how did you pay for your car?? Not that I want to bash, but just to see how kids are making it these days. I assume it's harder now then 15 yrs ago. I always think of that movie "Can't Buy Me Love", with the kid who mowed lawns to get a telescope.....now he's Dr McDreamy...

Yeah I ask myself that too. I was in college at 19, making nothing at a part time job to support my part time bar habbit.

I can understand someone thats 21ish that didn't go to college but works and has moved up some in 3 years to maybe buy this car, but at 19 its just hard to fathom where they are making that $450+ for a car payment then $150+ for insurance and $200+ for gas a month. $800 a month for someone that hasn't been out of high school for 2 years is alittle ridiclous. I'm 25 with a great job making more than I should be, living in San Diego where costs are high but sometimes I have to stretch my $'s.

And people saying "don't care about what people say", he obviously cares since he bought the $30k car at 19. His car is = to alot of peoples starting salaries out of college.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

We aren't having a discussion about mommy/daddy... its about people talking sh*t about a TL... Unless you were trolling the thread and needed to put that "constructive" remark in there.
Sorry, I must've gotten confused

Hey guys... I don't know if you guys have this problem (maybe the younger crowd) but I catch a lot of slack for owning a TL... people saying "mommy and daddy" paid for it, etc - when in fact they haven't put a penny into it...
the other CONSTANT slack is that my buddy, whom im sure ive talked about, has a "daddy paid for" 2 year lease on a pontiac G6 MT
But if this thread is about people "talking sh*t about a TL", then I still question why we're having this discussion. It's as pointless as the thread you linked at the end of the first post. *the following are general questions not specifically directed at anyone* Why are you people so concerned with what others think? Why this need to prove yourself to others?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts

just seein if you guys do as well.... most recently I was with my gf and some of her friends and one of her friends had a Subaru... hatchback something or another with a turbo on it. we call it a "SUBEEOOO" because its missing the "R" on the back...

Anyway one of the girls there said we should race, and this pencil necked weasal chirps "haha ill give you a head start" and then the "OHHHH's." I had to think of something pretty quick so I told him that it wouldn't be necessary... i just said that yeah, he'd beat me because he has a boost on his car... and that mine was heavy... and then hes asked why i bought such a heavy car and that I must not know anything about cars, etc etc. i came back at him that i didn't buy the car for speed, although it can hold its own very well, but i bought if for the luxury. i said "you can look there standing cool with this short shorts on (dude was wearing really short shorts LOL) talking about your beat up "SUBEEOOOO" with its neat little hoodscoop all you want, but i guarantee you, that if we met these girls for the first time (refering to the 5 or6 girls there at the time) they would rather get in my ride than yours.

my car is straight sexy... yours is beat up... but it has speed... girls dont get cars for speed... the like them for luck... so you can have your speed, and ill have these lovely ladies right here (actually two of them were butt ugly, then my gf and a couple of her friends - but i was making a point)"

Then he says "well mommy and daddy dont buy me cars" and i replied "thats funny, me either, im the same age as you rollin around in a $30k+ car for PLEASURE... so you can have your hoodscoop and fart can... im gonna go back to my black on black leather and my luxery car"

So that was the most recent thing that i have caught slack.... the other CONSTANT slack is that my buddy, whom im sure ive talked about, has a "daddy paid for" 2 year lease on a pontiac G6 MT... ALWAYS comapres our cars... just to one-up... but thus far he has only beat me once out of 3 races... his car is sooo bland... its irritating its $23k with nothing to show for it...

do any of you get the same stuff? how do you reply? its kind of like the issue: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163859
Listen man, you might have 'won' that argument, but by putting him down like that, you probably lost. The girls might think you're an arrogant condescending prick that's 'too good' for them, etc.

Be the bigger man, if they say they can beat your ass any day of the week, you say "i'm sure you can", when they say their car is so much better than yours, you've got a heavy overpriced brick, you say "You do have an impressive sports car there". If they say, your parents bought it for you, you reply with "if you say so"

The right way to 'beat' them is not by whipping out your cock and beating them silly with it, the best way, is to show how much more mature you are, and above such petty arguments. By letting them look better, cooler, whatever, you ARE being the better man. If people continue to press you, then you come right out and say, I can in fact beat him, and have a much better car, etc, but I didnt want to make him look foolish and humiliate him in front of his friends.

Dont ever lose your cool, you play passive unless some line is crossed (i.e. he threatens you or your gf, etc), then you get up in his face and let him know what the deal is.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Sorry, I must've gotten confused

But if this thread is about people "talking sh*t about a TL", then I still question why we're having this discussion. It's as pointless as the thread you linked at the end of the first post. *the following are general questions not specifically directed at anyone* Why are you people so concerned with what others think? Why this need to prove yourself to others?
its cool man no big deal... i was just seeing if other people were getting remarks as well.. then it just turned into a discussion lol
Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by leedogg
Listen man, you might have 'won' that argument, but by putting him down like that, you probably lost. The girls might think you're an arrogant condescending prick that's 'too good' for them, etc.

Be the bigger man, if they say they can beat your ass any day of the week, you say "i'm sure you can", when they say their car is so much better than yours, you've got a heavy overpriced brick, you say "You do have an impressive sports car there". If they say, your parents bought it for you, you reply with "if you say so"

The right way to 'beat' them is not by whipping out your cock and beating them silly with it, the best way, is to show how much more mature you are, and above such petty arguments. By letting them look better, cooler, whatever, you ARE being the better man. If people continue to press you, then you come right out and say, I can in fact beat him, and have a much better car, etc, but I didnt want to make him look foolish and humiliate him in front of his friends.

Dont ever lose your cool, you play passive unless some line is crossed (i.e. he threatens you or your gf, etc), then you get up in his face and let him know what the deal is.
yeah... i agree.. hindsight is 20/20 lol but i definitley get what your sayin!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

its cool man no big deal... i was just seeing if other people were getting remarks as well.. then it just turned into a discussion lol
The younger people are and the nicer the things they have are, the more comments they're going to get...always been that way, always will be that way.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

hey, no offense taken at all... first, for some history, ive always been about 15 minutes ahead of my time... so friends - real friends, mind you - are far and few between, because i dont do all the stupid things the other "kids" do. I got my first job when i was 12 as a paper boy until i was 14. i made 20 bucks a week. i wantde to buy my own computer (which lead me to where i am today). I was saving every single week - i didnt have bills or anything so it was easy... and i got 800 bucks and bought my first computer...

... then i got a job at mcdonalds... after that, i worked mcdonalds and at Target (mcdonalds 6-2 and Target 3-10) every day in the summer (MOSTLY everyday - i had to have SOME time off) and then when i was at school i had a night job... from school to work... mind you, i was making like $7 so i was MAYBE taking home like $200 bucks every two weeks... that went to a cell phone, car insurance, and gas... lol so i learned to be frugle.

I have alsways been working, and more than once worked two jobs at once in addition to freelancing web design.

I was going to join the Marines after high school but I got an unbelieveable offer for a job interview with a company called Metavante - where i currently work (and ironically enough, am at right now lol). at 19 years old I make as much as a middle aged man... which is very beneficial to me... because im, in some senses, waay ahead of the game. I just got a new place and this car... so life is decent... im by no means rich, but i have figured out a decent way to invest my money and save it. I also just signed paperwork to make my freelancing situation into a reality - in the next month I will have my own LLC.

Web Design is what I LOVE to do, I just got a new position at my job for web design, and this LLC for extra spending money...

The sticker on my car was $29800. I got the car for $26300 and put a $5000 down payment... payments on the car are steep - $470 a month and then my rent and insurance and gas and cell phone and everything... but the way i see it, im going nowhere but up. My school i initially pay for, but depending on my grade, i get tuition reimbursement at work - if I get an A they pay 100% if I get a B 90% a C is 80% - so that really helps!

I miss out on the "fun college life" but i know that im the only one my age with what i have and i can lay my head down at night knowing that i have earned it... at the same time, i kind of miss bein a kid - a kid in the sense of not having bills and all responsibilities and stuff

I admire your work ethics and your drive...more 19 yr olds should be like yourself. To think, I was only kidding about the McD's job...
Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Funny how you kids compare each others cars (it's like comparing penis sizes). Hopefully this will wear off as you get older.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

I admire your work ethics and your drive...more 19 yr olds should be like yourself. To think, I was only kidding about the McD's job...
lol thanks, i appreciate it. lol when your 14, not many people will hire you - you gotta start somewhere... MCD's HERE I COME! haha

one other major thing that helped me was my parents gave me a cavalier for Christmas... it wasnt much, but it was a very nice present that when I sold, I was able to put towards the down payment of this car... I had to pay for it monthly... 20 bucks here and there - they knew i didnt have much money but i needed a rid to work/school so they let me pay them what i had when i had it. for my high school gradutation they called it even on what i owed them (i think it was like $1000) so for my graduation i got the car for free... that really helped!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Instructor

I know the company Metavante. We do quite a bit of business with them. They're only about 20 years behind though as the only way to interface with them is by sending them "packets" (their term) or through a 3270 terminal window.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jscout
Oh to be young and stupid again...well maybe just young. Simple word of advice...keep your head up and stand above it all. If you're feeling insecure go ahead and race the mofo and just beat him. But seriously, it ain't worth your time...save it. Remember, the masses are the asses and there's nothing more they'd love than to see you be just one of them. Stay cool.
I would never race my TL, I bought my TL because I liked it for many reasons besides HP. If I wanted HP, I would have bought a vett, a crap car.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Instructor

interesting to hear the different viewpoints. just to throw this out there...i always chuckle when i hear people refer to "affording" something. there is a big difference between AFFORDING it and just making enough to MAKE PAYMENTS. (not directed at anyone in this thread...just people i've heard in person).

it's sad when i see people "afford" a nice car because they "deserve" it for some reason...and then they live at work to make the payments.

on another note, i know of metavante as well...i know someone that got fired from there years ago! hahaha he was a waste and actually faked logins, etc to pretend he was at work even though he was not. bwuahahaha!

k...sorry for the OT post.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

People will always talk thinking that it will boost their ego for what they're lacking. I remember back in highschool this one kid would compare my brand new '98 fully loaded Corolla (yes, mommy/daddy bought it for me) with his riced up '91 Accord (also, mommy/daddy bought). He kept on nagging that the keyless entry chirp sounded like a microwave. So each time I set my alarm he would go "oh gotta go get my popcorn" I mean I didn't think much of it but there will always be people giving you slack no matter what you do.

Quick Reply: Catching a lot of slack for my TL...