Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cars Direct

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:34 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars Direct

Ive been hanging around the forum for a few months now and ive decided that im going to buy an 05 TL in April. I live in the Upstate NY area and there is only one dealer close to me (Northeast Acura). I have been over there a few times and they give me the impression that they arent going to come down from msrp very much, if at all so i was curious if anyone has bought their car off of carsdirect or some other internet site like autotrader or autobytel. The sales person I was talking to over at northeast acura told me that the price would be 35,470. I saw that the price on cars direct for an 05/5AT/NAVI is about 33,923 down by the NYC area so that is defintely a big difference from what I could get up here and would be worth going down there to buy it. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with them. Or do you know exactly how it works whether they get you in touch with a dealer or what. Also do you have any other suggestions for ways to buy it or get prices from different dealers, considering there is only 1 within 100 or more miles of where I live. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I did a search and didnt find much.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear

Ooops can someone move this to the main 3G forum I meant to post there not in the tires and wheels. I knew I was gonna mess that up some how.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:16 PM
6th Gear

I used CarsDirect a couple of years ago to buy my Civic and was very pleased by the process. I've had several friends and family use them as well. You type in the information about the car you want to purchase on their website and then submit it. Someone from CarsDirect will call you and go over your order to make sure everything is correct, then they'll start searching for the exact car you're looking for. The only downside to using the site is that you may have to drive out of your immediate area to get the exact car you want. I had to drive about an hour away to a dealership when there were several Honda dealerships in my area. I believe they use the internet sales department to do the transaction. I was in and out of the dealership within an hour, the quickest and least painless way to buy a car IMO. I just bought my TL a week ago, and after arguing back and forth with the salesman over the price of my trade in and the price of the new TL, I finally got frustrated and told the guy I was going to use CarsDirect to get the car because I knew I would get it for a much cheaper price. All of a sudden they came down to my asking price and the deal was struck! They were not budging from the original MSRP of $35,470 until I mentioned CarsDirect. I got it for the CarsDirect price of $33,320!
Old 12-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Love my TL

I purchased a 2001 Honda Civic EX Coup from cars direct (traded in for 2004 Altima) and the experience was wonderful. Dealerships were attempting to bump up the price due to the new design but I was able to save almost $2000. The funny thing is, I picked the car up from the exact dealership that tried to sell it to me. When I picked it up it was the first Coup they had seen. My wife and I were in the dealership for a total of 25min signing paper work. I would definitely do business with carsdirect again.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:13 AM
Racer

Ok so that is a decent way of doing it.. however this is the better way IMO..

The way I bought two new cars in the last month and it has worked flawlessly.

Goto cars direct and get the price from them. NOW goto Cars.com and plugin what you want out. They will request from you your email and all that.. put it all in. Then submit it to 3 dealerships at a time.. up to however far you are willing to travel to get your car.

Now the VERY IMPORTANT PART. In the comments field. Put

"I am interesting in purchasing an Acura TL ..... (be very specific with exactly what you want color, year, navi or not, interior color.. everything ) in the next week. I already have financing unless you can match or beat the rate. I will do business with the dealership with the lowest price."

Once they all start calling and they will.. tell them You have one chance to give me your lowest price. I WILL buy the car from you IF you have the lowest price. OTD price is what I went by.. not of the car, simply because once you get there they JACK up the price with fees and this and that. tel them you want their lowest OTD price period.

This will start the bidding war. end of story. Go with the lowest dealership.

I did this with my TSX and my TL. I got my TSX for $26,800 OTD in Florida and my TL with navi for $35900 OTD including tax tag title fees blah blah blah...

Hopefully this helped everyone out.

Ryan

Any question feel free to post or PM anytime.. I check the boards daily.