Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Brite

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Brite

Anyone heard of this / was offered this be put on their cars?? When my car was in to have the A-spec installed my dealer tell me over the phone about this stuff and I approved since I really didn't have the time to look into it. I live in Flag where it snows in the winter so I thought regardless of what it atleast I'll get some protection for the winter months from the salt and stuff. The dealer charged me $211 OTD for inside and outside and said it's supposed to last for 5 years. The outside will cover against paint fade or whatnot. The biggest feature that he said that got me was that I would never have to was the car for 5 years and the water would bead off at anytime. I was kinda almost sure it probably was a bunch-a-bull but I was like what the hell. even if it lasts 5 months I might be happy since I probably am not going to have the time to wax and protect my new TL.

On the interior it is supposed to protect against any fabric damages resulting from spills and stuff and also against fade. The thing that again came to my mind when he mentioned it was the dash fade issue so I hesitantly went for it.

I still haven't received the paperwork for the stuff yet but just thought I'd ask you guys. I have taken the dive but just thought I'd put it out there.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amarpawar
Anyone heard of this / was offered this be put on their cars?? When my car was in to have the A-spec installed my dealer tell me over the phone about this stuff and I approved since I really didn't have the time to look into it. I live in Flag where it snows in the winter so I thought regardless of what it atleast I'll get some protection for the winter months from the salt and stuff. The dealer charged me $211 OTD for inside and outside and said it's supposed to last for 5 years. The outside will cover against paint fade or whatnot. The biggest feature that he said that got me was that I would never have to was the car for 5 years and the water would bead off at anytime. I was kinda almost sure it probably was a bunch-a-bull but I was like what the hell. even if it lasts 5 months I might be happy since I probably am not going to have the time to wax and protect my new TL.

On the interior it is supposed to protect against any fabric damages resulting from spills and stuff and also against fade. The thing that again came to my mind when he mentioned it was the dash fade issue so I hesitantly went for it.

I still haven't received the paperwork for the stuff yet but just thought I'd ask you guys. I have taken the dive but just thought I'd put it out there.
Car Brite is a manufacturer of car cleaning products and used mostly by dealers. I cannot think of any product lasting 5 years with no maintenance or upkeep of any kind inbetween. So yea, that is BS. In all honesty, I don't know how their products are with the exception of their Cherry Bomb car soap. I've seen other protection packages costing more than what you dished out and IMO, you basically paid for a full detail.

You also mentioned you won't have the time to maintain and upkeep. Tthe only other option you would have is to get it detailed every 5-6 months. You would still have to wash your TL at least every other week and going longer than that could possibly be detrimental to your finish. I would recommend Quick Detailing to maintain the just washed look and extend the life of your wax.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Car Brite is a manufacturer of car cleaning products and used mostly by dealers. I cannot think of any product lasting 5 years with no maintenance or upkeep of any kind inbetween. So yea, that is BS. In all honesty, I don't know how their products are with the exception of their Cherry Bomb car soap. I've seen other protection packages costing more than what you dished out and IMO, you basically paid for a full detail.

You also mentioned you won't have the time to maintain and upkeep. Tthe only other option you would have is to get it detailed every 5-6 months. You would still have to wash your TL at least every other week and going longer than that could possibly be detrimental to your finish. I would recommend Quick Detailing to maintain the just washed look and extend the life of your wax.
Yep that's the plan for now; Wash it regularly with Meguiars Gold Class and Sheep Skin Mitt and quick detail it every now and then with microfiber.