3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car accident....pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
see if you can run the plate # thru dmv website for tickets... if they have tickets you will see locations where the car might be on a regular basis... I smell a steakout or is it spelled stakeout
Old 04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerT
You're kidding me right.
No. I'm not kidding---I didn't look at all the pictures and didn't analyze how badly everything was.
At first I only saw a bent hood and broken grill. After that post of saying 800 I looked back and saw pretty much busted everything.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
yea thats bad. look at where the fender meets the drivers door and windsheild. thats not a quick and easy repair. expect an estimate of close to $9-10k

by the way, did your airbags deploy? cause they are worth a cool grand and half easily.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is all bad, sorry for your lost!! catch those suckers for good, btw what year is your S? looks like its gonna cost aleast 6000 dollars in damage, my friend had similar damage on his S4 but its his fault and it cost him around 8000 in total to fix.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Yeah, I'm predicting $4500+.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
see if you can run the plate # thru dmv website for tickets... if they have tickets you will see locations where the car might be on a regular basis... I smell a steakout or is it spelled stakeout
It would be the second spelling and your Freudian Slip makes me think you're hungry.

And those girls needed to be chased down and given a good spanking.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Instructor

Awww...that's pretty messed up man. You just never know what ICBC might tell you since they always try their best to screw up both parties up to make everyone's premium go up. I can imagine them giving you 50:50 on this if you don't have a witness.. ICBC's pretty damn f**ked up. Anyways, sorry to hear what happened to you and hope they'll nail them beotches..
Old 04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Instructor

whats dmv? the plate number is 807 DLA ! and its a purplish ML 430.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
yea thats bad. look at where the fender meets the drivers door and windsheild. thats not a quick and easy repair. expect an estimate of close to $9-10k

by the way, did your airbags deploy? cause they are worth a cool grand and half easily.

naw my airbags didnt pop. my car went under her rear bumper so i didnt hit my bumper....but yeah both my doors dont open.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 08WDP
that is all bad, sorry for your lost!! catch those suckers for good, btw what year is your S? looks like its gonna cost aleast 6000 dollars in damage, my friend had similar damage on his S4 but its his fault and it cost him around 8000 in total to fix.
my cars a 2007...

hey guys what do u think i can sell my car for after i get it repaird? i want to trade it in now....i live in vancouver BC so what are your estimates?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Instructor

you can sure trade it in, but when they pull up the carfax, they will know your car has been in a front end accident and now they even have tools to check the paint to see how new compare to the rest of the body, thats what they did to my S2000 when i trade it in and its brand sparking new, it all new to me though.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 AM
TL-S BeASt

when ever you are the victim of a hit and run you always follow them as long as possible and call the cops, so that they are caught on the spot. I couldnt imagine someone hitting my car and trying to run away, because I hope they get away. If I catch them I will be getting arrested for assault. ...lol
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure you would have chased them down if you had it to do over again but it's hard to say how one would react until it's happened and by then they were already gone. Looks like it was a pretty nice hit to bend the hood that much. I had similar front end damage back in june when someone ran a light. My damages were over 7K and the air bags didn't pop so if yours did your up to an easy 8-9K

Good luck. Looks like the curse of NBP continues
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered Nutsack

Sorry for what happened. Here's my input, though. Worst case scenario the cops show up at the girls' house or whoever owns that Benz and they deny accordingly(If they do the mother's a bigger piece of shit than the girls are) Now say you're faced with the dilemma of having your car repaired out of your own pocket. I'm guessing since your car is an 07 that you're financing the car payments. If your financing your payments then you automatically must have Full comprehensive and collision coverage on your insurance. I don't know what your deductible is but even if its a high $1000 deductible, your insurance will pay out the rest regardless of fault. And this job looks like it will cost you a good 5-9K is cost repairs. I don't think much of it can be fixed as a ot of the parts are made of a polyplastic material so replacement will probably be the option. Did anyone stop on the road to see if you were OK? Your girlfriend could be your witness I guess. Were there any businesses close to you where you were driving? If so, they may have security cameras that could've picked something up. Good luck with it
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by HeLLy
whats dmv? the plate number is 807 DLA ! and its a purplish ML 430.
I believe the DMV is the transportation society for Americans...
Like how in Quebec it's the SAAQ [societe assurance de automobile quebec]
In Ontario it's the OMT [Ontario Ministry of Transportation]
Old 04-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Safety Car

wow man i woulda been charged with murder.....those lil cunts would be dead. And thats way over 6000 in damages
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
naw my airbags didnt pop. my car went under her rear bumper so i didnt hit my bumper....but yeah both my doors dont open.
wait up.....u said ur front went under her rear bumper???
how fast were u going?? i mean even she cut you off, how the heck did you end up under her rear bumper?? how fast were u going?

if your front got damage, it's unlikely HER fault since that's what ICBC would look at.
you have no witnesses, and YOUR hood got damaged.

sorry to say, but it doesn't matter if she cut you off.....but the location (hood) where it got hit, not so good news for you. ICBC would just say that you shouldn't have followed so close to that ML.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

I feel u can take it as far as suing her personally.....the matter is they have no license no insurance to cover them, nothing.....they shouldnt be behind the wheel, period. u filed a police report.... good because u can drag this out very very very far in court i would take it as far as making them move because they wouldnt be able to get a license where they live. just a thought.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
It's definitely their fault even though you rear ended them. Two counts overrride this over any other cirumstance in this case: One, because they were underage without a license and Two because it was a hit and run and they took off. You could have done anything you wanted to and it's still their fault no matter what. You would have had a third definitive count if you had nailed this immediately to the police: Third count was they were drinking. Had an officer tracked them down in time, this could have been proven and they would have been in HUGE trouble......

The fact that you're asking whether this could be your fault or not shows you don't know the law well or how to have law enforcement on your side. Don't be so meek and nice man, those youngsters need to be taught a lesson. They are at the age where they know right from wrong and knew the consequences and still wanted to act stupid and seek a joyride that could end someone's life. There are so many loopholes and defenses a lawyer can come up with, don't give them a chance.

I was rear ended in a brand new E350 in 2006. I was on the shoulder of the highway at 2AM and I was hit by a girl who came with no brakes at 70mph because she fell asleep. It was blatantly her fault, I even told the officer she admitted fault. Her insurance was not enough to cover the total $100k claim. (2 totalled cars and hospital bills. My wife and I only had mild whiplash.) Thought it was open an shut case; her fault no problem......A year later I get a letter from my insurance company. It said her lawyer wanted to make a counterclaim that I "did not use proper caution for the other driver".....I forgave her and had mercy on her up till now. HELL NAW!!!! Does that beeeeioch know what I went through in terms of headache with my totalled baby?? See that loophole? I was pulled over 10ft over the shoulder line with hazzards on and everything! My car was still in Park!Fck that! That bitch don't know I took detailed pics of the whole scene before any police showed up. (I trust NOBODY!) I have myself fully prepared with a power defense. They think I'm a chump, just wait till I give them my deposition, I will bodyslam her with no mercy......Matter of fact, I feel like goin after her for some additional money now...

Lesson here is trust nobody, you have to convince the court to do what is fair. They will never forgive you for not knowing the law or not having evidence. When it comes down to the money you will see supposed nice people and even friends turn on you. You be Mr. Niceguy and you will definitely be taken for a ride.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Safety Car

thank u rocky and yes body slam the bitch...... i think my neck hurts (lol) and i do the same thing man, i got screwed when i was younger NEVER EVER AGAIN will it happen to me and if i ever does.....god better have mercy on them because i wont and I mean that in a very violent way lol.

ALWAYS CARRY A DIGI CAM WITH U!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Not to be rude, but this story seems incredibly suspect. Merc does not seem to offer the ML in purple.
Especially, after "your white TL spotted 57th chevron !", you seem obsessed by the opposite gender (I understand and am still recovering from the fanaticism) and this story rings of a nugget of truth wrapped in pubsecent fantasy.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Playing Naked!

I love all the people who are advising to chase someone who hit you and ran. Unless laws are drastically different in Canada than the US thats the worst thing you can do. Here in the states if you chase someone who hits you and runs then you are fucked. They will ticket you for leaving the scene of the accident 90% of the time, however, 100% of the time you are fucked as far as responsibility is concerned. You will have to pay for your own damages and have no legal ground to try and pursue the person who hit you. DO NOT EVER CHASE SOMEONE WHO JUST HIT YOU!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dejavecu
Not to be rude, but this story seems incredibly suspect. Merc does not seem to offer the ML in purple.
Especially, after "your white TL spotted 57th chevron !", you seem obsessed by the opposite gender (I understand and am still recovering from the fanaticism) and this story rings of a nugget of truth wrapped in pubsecent fantasy.
lol its true...i wouldnt make something like this up
Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
It's definitely their fault even though you rear ended them. Two counts overrride this over any other cirumstance in this case: One, because they were underage without a license and Two because it was a hit and run and they took off. You could have done anything you wanted to and it's still their fault no matter what. You would have had a third definitive count if you had nailed this immediately to the police: Third count was they were drinking. Had an officer tracked them down in time, this could have been proven and they would have been in HUGE trouble......

The fact that you're asking whether this could be your fault or not shows you don't know the law well or how to have law enforcement on your side. Don't be so meek and nice man, those youngsters need to be taught a lesson. They are at the age where they know right from wrong and knew the consequences and still wanted to act stupid and seek a joyride that could end someone's life. There are so many loopholes and defenses a lawyer can come up with, don't give them a chance.

I was rear ended in a brand new E350 in 2006. I was on the shoulder of the highway at 2AM and I was hit by a girl who came with no brakes at 70mph because she fell asleep. It was blatantly her fault, I even told the officer she admitted fault. Her insurance was not enough to cover the total $100k claim. (2 totalled cars and hospital bills. My wife and I only had mild whiplash.) Thought it was open an shut case; her fault no problem......A year later I get a letter from my insurance company. It said her lawyer wanted to make a counterclaim that I "did not use proper caution for the other driver".....I forgave her and had mercy on her up till now. HELL NAW!!!! Does that beeeeioch know what I went through in terms of headache with my totalled baby?? See that loophole? I was pulled over 10ft over the shoulder line with hazzards on and everything! My car was still in Park!Fck that! That bitch don't know I took detailed pics of the whole scene before any police showed up. (I trust NOBODY!) I have myself fully prepared with a power defense. They think I'm a chump, just wait till I give them my deposition, I will bodyslam her with no mercy......Matter of fact, I feel like goin after her for some additional money now...

Lesson here is trust nobody, you have to convince the court to do what is fair. They will never forgive you for not knowing the law or not having evidence. When it comes down to the money you will see supposed nice people and even friends turn on you. You be Mr. Niceguy and you will definitely be taken for a ride.

so today i went a sat down with my adjuster at icbc and talked about the whole incident. he told me its 2 separate things. them having license or not. because thats somethin the police deals with. if i was 100% at fault they wont take in concideration if they were underaged or not. basically hes saying its a rear end. they are going to take my story and their story then decide whos at fault. and since the police didnt come and didnt catch them thers nothing to hold against them.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lights
how fast were u going?? i mean even she cut you off, how the heck did you end up under her rear bumper?? how fast were u going?

if your front got damage, it's unlikely HER fault since that's what ICBC would look at.

sorry to say, but it doesn't matter if she cut you off.....but the location (hood) where it got hit, not so good news for you. ICBC would just say that you shouldn't have followed so close to that ML.
this was on kerr next to killarney. it was wet and its a curve. i was going at most 50 when she cut infront of me. i didnt put the brakes in time because her brake lights didnt work. so im guessing i hit her at 30-35? and i do have a witness....i contacted him and he said he saw them suddenly stop and 3 girls came out then drove off
Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Engineer

good luck anyways...

I want those headlights!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Instructor

good luck anyways...

I want those headlights!!!

dont yo have your own? lol u want to pay me for them? they are ALL broken inside..but funtional
Old 04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Engineer

dont yo have your own? lol u want to pay me for them? they are ALL broken inside..but funtional
depends on what's broken....
Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If someone ever hit me I would never forget that plate number, and they would damn sure never get away!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
darn your lights are broken inside
Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last second hard braking would have caused the TL front end to dive. The fact the Merc was hard braking as well would have resulted in her tail raising.... IE, her bumper ends up higher than his at moment of impact... Happens all the time.

I will agree however, this will most likely turn into a he said she said issue. Yet any cop/investigator should weigh heavy the fact the girl "sped" off. Hopefully the OP's witness will hold up.

Best of luck HeLLy
Old 04-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually i think you are screwed.

They can claim you rear ended them by following too closely.

You should follow them and call the cops.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Intermediate

First of all, purple Mercedes... custom paint... I've never seen a purple Mercedes. That's a very good identification point for police. Plus if I had to guess, there might be purple paint residue somewhere on your car and vice versa.

Secondly, I live in Louisiana in the United States, not Canada. I'm not an attorney (just in a Business Law class right now), but, here, I think that if an unlicensed minor were to get in an accident, the liability is much more likely to be placed on the minor, regardless of the circumstances leading up to the crash.

If you wanted to sue them, at worst, I think you'd have, in the US at least, comparative negligence involved where parties are assigned partial liability.

Additionally, if the driver is indeed a minor, damages can be recovered from the parents.

But then again, it's probably easier to sue someone in the US than it is in Canada if I had to guess.

Also, did anyone stop as a witness? Did you take down their contact information?

Call the cops and a lawyer. ASAP. The longer you wait, the less credible your story becomes.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:45 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by o4Komodo
I believe the DMV is the transportation society for Americans...
Like how in Quebec it's the SAAQ [societe assurance de automobile quebec]
In Ontario it's the OMT [Ontario Ministry of Transportation]

DMV stands for Department of Motor Vehicles

and here in WA, instead of DMV we call it DOL which stands for Department of Licensing.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Safety Car

yea and whoever wants those headlights good luck..... they may have broken seals i wouldnt even bother.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Instructor

How in the world did you let them leave the scene of the accident?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
DMV stands for Department of Motor Vehicles

and here in WA, instead of DMV we call it DOL which stands for Department of Licensing.
Exactly what I thought it was--just not what it stood for.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chiawei
Actually i think you are screwed.

They can claim you rear ended them by following too closely.

And to that, the first statement out of my mouth would be: "If I rear ended them, why did they drive off from the scene of the accident?" That and the probable fact they never reported the incident and he did. The preponderance of evidence not to mention his possible witness statements point favorably to the OP.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:46 PM
aTLien

your kinda screwed if you didnt call the cops on the spot, cause then you coulda called a hit and run and would of had their license plate #
Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Blanka

steakout is Morton's it IS spelled stakeout

Quick Reply: car accident....pictures