3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you save significant money by having a Honda dealer service your Acura TL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Two 3G TL Baller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you save significant money by having a Honda dealer service your Acura TL?

I have a 2004 Acura TL with 55k miles on it, so it's no longer under warranty. As such, I was wondering if I could save significant money by having a Honda dealer service my Acura TL? I've spent quite a bit of money at the Acura dealership in the past, and I've noticed all the parts they use say Honda on them, not Acura. It's not like worlds will end, cats and dogs living together, etc I'm guessing Honda dealers could do this easily, but then the Acura dealers would be ticked off by losing out on the "luxury" markup. If both dealerships (H & A) near you have the same owner, I'm guessing they'll tell you no. Maybe you have to find a Honda dealership whose owner doesn't own an Acura dealership as well?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by The Blue Abyss
I have a 2004 Acura TL with 55k miles on it, so it's no longer under warranty. As such, I was wondering if I could save significant money by having a Honda dealer service my Acura TL? I've spent quite a bit of money at the Acura dealership in the past, and I've noticed all the parts they use say Honda on them, not Acura. It's not like worlds will end, cats and dogs living together, etc I'm guessing Honda dealers could do this easily, but then the Acura dealers would be ticked off by losing out on the "luxury" markup. If both dealerships (H & A) near you have the same owner, I'm guessing they'll tell you no. Maybe you have to find a Honda dealership whose owner doesn't own an Acura dealership as well?
I own a tsx. From personal experience when we were on a roadtrip we stopped at a honda dealer in Topeka, Kansas to get an oil change. It cost $10.00 more than the oil changes we get at the acura dealer. The acura dealer we go near us also sells and services hondas. If you want to get your acura serviced on Saturday you have to go to the honda side as acura service is closed. I would call and find out.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
This topic has been discussed before. Additionally, there is a thread right now on the main 3G page where service at a Honda dealership is being discussed. Please search 3G for previous countless threads on the topic. Thanks.