Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&D Disses TL - Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by VQ35DE
Let's see: I own a fully paid for 2000 Nissan Quest SE, my 2002 Maxima SE will be paid off by next June (04) so, it looks like I'm in the market for something else to add to the garage.

Guess what, the SVT Cobra while now an "old" model will be cheaper to 'procure' (than the Z06) AND still be a large can of whoopass. (Not to mention a collector's item.)

SORRY for the digression guys----Back to the TL vs C/D discussion.
Translation: "I don't own a Cobra."
Old 03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
10th Gear

Many buyers consider what I'll call the "98% rule". 98% of the time they want good performance, styling, interior comfort & reliability. The TL meets these requirements w/FWD.

2% of the time buyers may want "ultimate performance"... acceleration, braking, cornering G's, shalom speeds, etc. In those situations RWD may be "the king".

I was impressed that in the CD 3/2004 comparison the 2004 TL 6spd w/HPT (Bridgestone RE030) had the best 70-0mph braking performance and just 0.01g under the top performing G35.

It's been a long time since I've driven in winter weather (15yrs), but my recollection is that FWD was vastly superior during the Chicago winters I experienced.

Any feedback on modern RWD performance in snow/slush conditions?
Old 03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by ACuraR
Many buyers consider what I'll call the "98% rule". 98% of the time they want good performance, styling, interior comfort & reliability. The TL meets these requirements w/FWD.

2% of the time buyers may want "ultimate performance"... acceleration, braking, cornering G's, shalom speeds, etc. In those situations RWD may be "the king".

I was impressed that in the CD 3/2004 comparison the 2004 TL 6spd w/HPT (Bridgestone RE030) had the best 70-0mph braking performance and just 0.01g under the top performing G35.

It's been a long time since I've driven in winter weather (15yrs), but my recollection is that FWD was vastly superior during the Chicago winters I experienced.

Any feedback on modern RWD performance in snow/slush conditions?
Again, my main issue with the TL is that fact that it's not offered with a FACTORY INSTALLED A-spec package @ a reasonable price (~ $1,800).

Lateral Gs don't even BEGIN to tell the whole handling story...