Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build quality of 04 TL vs. ES300/330

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Turbowhat2
mercedes had really good quality until Daimler merged with it and now the cars are no longer built in Germany but in the US... my friend's dad as a E-something and he says it has never let them down whereas his mom has a newer E-something which has many problems...
The only mercedes made in US are the M class. the rest are still from germany.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by chiawei
Same reasoning applies to both TSX and TL as both are build on the accord chassis.
Like I said earlier...
Not to be shallow or anything, but the appearance of the TL is completely different than the accord, whereas the ES looks EXACTLY like a camry.
This is why TLs LOOK/FEEL more like a different car to the accord than the ES to the camry.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Advanced

I believe I can offer a bit of a unique perspective. I owned a 2002 TL Type S and sold it in June to purchase an 03 Lexus GS300 SportsDesign. My reason for selling the Type S was mostly out of frustration about the numerous rattles I had from day one (dealer able to fix some, but not all). I really wanted to like the TL, but I would not accept such a poor build quality for a car in this price range and decided to move on. I realize there are a number of TL owners out there that have not had any problems and, for them, they have a fine, fast, automobile. As for the Lexus, it is a very nice, but very different car. Certainly not as fast as my TL, but the build quality and ride are excellent. The net is that that Lexus and Acura are both fine, but also different cars that will appeal to different driver wants and needs. I truly like the looks of the new Acura TL and will certainly consider it when I decide to move out of my GS. My suggestion is to do your research and also visit the forums for those cars you may consider. Like this forum, there is a wealth of information available. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:24 PM

Guys, have you seen the ES? It LOOKS exactly like an camry. On the road, you can't distinguish the two from a distance, where as the TL and the accord look nothing alike... in fact, I'd die before I can settle with the look of the accord.
Looks are subjective but be real, the TL looks like the Accord, any year Accord, like they look like the TSX, CIvic etc etc etc. All look alike to me.

Though I can see how the new ES can be called ugly. The new TL cannot.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Acura = crappy quality ... crappy reliability ...

Good to Great performance, however for FWD.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by PeterUbers
Acura = crappy quality ... crappy reliability ...

Good to Great performance, however for FWD.
Funny... most publications seem to rank acuras extremely high in reliability and quality... where are you getting this information?

I guess from your personal experience? I see that you've had 2 transmissions already ... that's not normal, and I don't think you can generalize that everyone will go through the same thing... car's reliability is partially due to how you drive it/take care of it too... can't blame acura for your indisgressions.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by anokha786
ES 300 is the worst way u can spend ur $30K IMO. It not only looks like a Camry but is built on the same chassis. Mite as well get a glorified camry.
lol, pot calling the kettle black? The TL is built on the same platform as the Accord and one could say the same thing about what the TL is in relation to the Accord as well.