3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DZeckhausen
Here's a direct link to the article I wrote which includes a summary data table at the end. For some reason, the table was missing from your post.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Testing_Brakes.htm
Thanks, more good reading.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:38 AM

Well, I state that with us Lexus owners, we agree Brembo, Stoptechs are the best and Rotora are the BEST VALUE FOR THE MONEY, likeAcura basically. With Rotora, they fit many stock OEM wheels, so you save money there as well, since you don't have to buy high-disk aftermarket wheels to fit the brakes. But Rotora is far from the best, they are not engineered to be the best. They are engineered to offer a good brake upgrade bang for the buck.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:48 AM

And I am not saying Rotora is bad. They are good. But NEVER have I read or heard of any;
porsche
BMW
Audi
Benz
etc etc
Owner stating Rotora was better. They will always state they did not feel like buying new wheels or feel like dumping minimum 3k on a BBK, so they bought Rotora.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aegir
DZeckhausen,

Thank you for joining and contributing some of your knowledge and experience to this thread. I appreciate the posts and have learned from them. I think it is safe to assume that many of the members here have the same sentiments.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience regarding HP brakes. The info is invaluable.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aegir
DZeckhausen,

Thank you for joining and contributing some of your knowledge and experience to this thread. I appreciate the posts and have learned from them. I think it is safe to assume that many of the members here have the same sentiments.

too.

I'd also like to say that New2004AcuraTLman sounds like a total ass to me. At least he is acting like one. I feel sorry for the people that must live and work with him.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Racer

Hey NewAcura2004TLMan,

I find it ironic that for all the bashing you have done on this thread, claiming DZeckhausen has not backed up his claims with substantiated evidence, you have yet to offer any evidence yourself. All you have said over and over again is that we have no clue what we are talking about and that you are the expert on brakes. Yet, where is your evidence? Where is your proof that Rotora's are equal if not better than Brembo's? DZeckhausen has responded to every single one of your challenges without resorting to name calling or bashing of any kind. I think the fact that he has a racing shop makes him more of an expert than you could ever hope to be. Maybe if you offered up something concrete to back up your claims then you wouldn't be the one who is an ignoramis. That baseball is about to smack you right in the face. I'm no expert and I don't claim to be.....I look at all the facts and make my own judgement. I think it's time you put up or please....do this world a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
Old 09-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Team Anthracite Corsa

DZeckhausen,
honestly, thank you, learned some new info.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:16 PM
VTEC HoooA

DZeckhausen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!

All I can say for Acura man is

Sounds like he may work for Rotara (perhaps in China) which may explain his spelling errors!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
DZeckhausen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!

All I can say for Acura man is

Sounds like he may work for Rotara (perhaps in China) which may explain his spelling errors!
Oh i'm sorry, you have mistaken me for someone who actually gives a flying fuck! Go waste your money. As for me i'm going to eat some lobster and crab tonight and for the next month for that matter with the money I save on my awesome rotora kit!

Night Night ya'll!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willz822
Hey NewAcura2004TLMan,

I find it ironic that for all the bashing you have done on this thread, claiming DZeckhausen has not backed up his claims with substantiated evidence, you have yet to offer any evidence yourself. All you have said over and over again is that we have no clue what we are talking about and that you are the expert on brakes. Yet, where is your evidence? Where is your proof that Rotora's are equal if not better than Brembo's? DZeckhausen has responded to every single one of your challenges without resorting to name calling or bashing of any kind. I think the fact that he has a racing shop makes him more of an expert than you could ever hope to be. Maybe if you offered up something concrete to back up your claims then you wouldn't be the one who is an ignoramis. That baseball is about to smack you right in the face. I'm no expert and I don't claim to be.....I look at all the facts and make my own judgement. I think it's time you put up or please....do this world a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
Let me know when your brakes start to squeel again and rotors crack mr 6MT man. I'll show you something bettrer than a baseball, how bout a sledgehammer in you skull. Don't ever tell me to STFU you stupid piece of cow dung. I'll bust a cap in your ass
Old 09-13-2004, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by New2004AcuraTLman
Oh i'm sorry, you have mistaken me for someone who actually gives a flying fuck! Go waste your money. As for me i'm going to eat some lobster and crab tonight and for the next month for that matter with the money I save on my awesome rotora kit!

Night Night ya'll!
Now why would you go and waste your money on lobster and crab when a nice fat burito from Taco Bell will get you just as full???

Or maybe your buying the imitation crab meat from you local store because it looks and tastes the same.

I actually think real crab is overrated and you're just paying more for the fact that it actually comes from the ocean.

Bottom line: I could jump in here and tell you 10 reasons why Brembo and Rotor shouldn't even be compared in the same sentence but you would still argue to the death that I would be wrong.

It's all about percieved value. Obviously you feel that you got the best deal for your money. And thats fine. I spent the extra $900 on Brembo because unlike you, I know the real difference.

MY OPINION: If it's better than stock, and your happy with how much you paid then thats a good value. If you want to get the best product available, and you understand that you may be paying more, then educate youself. Brembo is worth every cent no matter who you compare it to. If you want to know the real difference between any brake company, PM me.

Being able to state your opinion is why this forum is here. Argueing and being ignorant towards someone who has a different opinion is why no one her will ever respect you.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by latebraker
Now why would you go and waste your money on lobster and crab when a nice fat burito from Taco Bell will get you just as full???

Or maybe your buying the imitation crab meat from you local store because it looks and tastes the same.

I actually think real crab is overrated and you're just paying more for the fact that it actually comes from the ocean.

Bottom line: I could jump in here and tell you 10 reasons why Brembo and Rotor shouldn't even be compared in the same sentence but you would still argue to the death that I would be wrong.

It's all about percieved value. Obviously you feel that you got the best deal for your money. And thats fine. I spent the extra $900 on Brembo because unlike you, I know the real difference.

MY OPINION: If it's better than stock, and your happy with how much you paid then thats a good value. If you want to get the best product available, and you understand that you may be paying more, then educate youself. Brembo is worth every cent no matter who you compare it to. If you want to know the real difference between any brake company, PM me.

Being able to state your opinion is why this forum is here. Arguing and being ignorant towards someone who has a different opinion is why no one her will ever respect you.

wow looky here another 1 post wonder! By the way, I spent $ 1100 shipped for the rotora kit and in no way is the Brembo kit worth $ 1500 more or even a $ 1000 for that matter if I paid retail price ont he rotora kit. It's WAY to rediculous a price for any nominal upgrade to a car. Might as well have a supercharger if i wanted to spend $ 2600. The bottom line is that the rotora kit is STILL in my opinion overpriced for some calipers and rotors even though i got a GREAT deal and think they are absolutely awesome ( as well as other would if they ordered and installed them and the avearge enthusiaist would never know the difference between them and the brembos when ont he car. Give me a break. The Brembos are OVERRATED for the 5% more benefit that you all think they offer so much. I would NEVER even think about or consider spending $ 2600 on a brembo brake upgrade for the MINOR differences that they offer. PLLEEAAASSSSEEEE. Oh and maybe if you lived in Long Island where there is live seafood galor you would change your mind to know what REAL seafood is...but you probably pay retail for supermarket imitation seafood salad because you think it tastes good...lol
Old 09-13-2004, 10:24 PM

wow looky here another 1 post wonder! By the way, I spent $ 1100 shipped for the rotora kit and in no way is the Brembo kit worth $ 1500 more or even a $ 1000 for that matter if I paid retail price ont he rotora kit. It's WAY to rediculous a price for any nominal upgrade to a car. Might as well have a supercharger if i wanted to spend $ 2600. The bottom line is that the rotora kit is STILL in my opinion overpriced for some calipers and rotors even though i got a GREAT deal and think they are absolutely awesome ( as well as other would if they ordered and installed them and the avearge enthusiaist would never know the difference between them and the brembos when ont he car. Give me a break. The Brembos are OVERRATED for the 5% more benefit that you all think they offer so much. I would NEVER even think about or consider spending $ 2600 on a brembo brake upgrade for the MINOR differences that they offer. PLLEEAAASSSSEEEE. Oh and maybe if you lived in Long Island where there is live seafood galor you would change your mind to know what REAL seafood is...but you probably pay retail for supermarket imitation seafood salad because you think it tastes good...lol
When I see Rotaras on 600hp Porsches, Supras, McLarens, etc, I'll give you $20.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Racer

Bring it on you piece of shit....I live in NYC so anytime you want to pretend you're a real man bring it and i'll bust a cap in your head. You think your worthless threats mean anything to me, I've seen and done more shit than you can ever imagine....the fact of the matter is you've been proven wrong over and over again. Like I said in my previous post back up your BS with some proof other than I'm right and your wrong. It's obvious you don't know shit about brakes or cars other than the fact that your brakes look nice. Oooooh!!!! Real scientific evidence there. Oh my god, I should run right out and purchase the Rotora's because a dumb ass stupid trash mother fucker said so. Give me a fucking break. The only reason why you still hang on to this thread is because you know you've been owned and your ego just won't let you accept that fact. Or maybe you don't make shit at your job and the Rotora's are the only brakes you can afford so you need to make yourself feel a little better. Whatever it is, it doesn't mean shit to me and I could care less what you think. So bring your sledgehammer or whatever, I look forward to giving you the beating of your life.

By the way.............SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON"T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MUCH IS OBVIOUS!!!!!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:36 AM
10th Gear

Now there's an effective debate tactic. Threaten to shoot your opponent when things aren't going your way. Greg must have been at the top of the Harvard debate team.

I'm sure other vendors will be falling all over themselves to give Greg product discounts so he can use the same effective tactics to promote their products. Rotora must be very pleased with their choice of spokesperson.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like someone should be banned to me.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
you know, he STILL hasn't posted pics of his car with the Rotora kit like he said he would
Old 09-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Banned

Bring it on you piece of shit....I live in NYC so anytime you want to pretend you're a real man bring it and i'll bust a cap in your head. You think your worthless threats mean anything to me, I've seen and done more shit than you can ever imagine....the fact of the matter is you've been proven wrong over and over again. Like I said in my previous post back up your BS with some proof other than I'm right and your wrong. It's obvious you don't know shit about brakes or cars other than the fact that your brakes look nice. Oooooh!!!! Real scientific evidence there. Oh my god, I should run right out and purchase the Rotora's because a dumb ass stupid trash mother fucker said so. Give me a fucking break. The only reason why you still hang on to this thread is because you know you've been owned and your ego just won't let you accept that fact. Or maybe you don't make shit at your job and the Rotora's are the only brakes you can afford so you need to make yourself feel a little better. Whatever it is, it doesn't mean shit to me and I could care less what you think. So bring your sledgehammer or whatever, I look forward to giving you the beating of your life.

By the way.............SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON"T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MUCH IS OBVIOUS!!!!!

No tiene pinga homeboy. Suck my fucking hairy cock and be prepared to be fucked in the ass when tito comes to gang rape you and leave you for dead in the gutter. YOU STFU you fucking monkey brain piece of turd.Hope you can handle a 330 pound gorilla coming down on you like nepalm. PUT UP OR SHUT UP gangsta wanne be Beotch
Old 09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cTLgo
you know, he STILL hasn't posted pics of his car with the Rotora kit like he said he would

Yeah, this board is a sorry ass excuse for a forum and is NOT worthy of the privy to to see MY ride.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Banned

Now there's an effective debate tactic. Threaten to shoot your opponent when things aren't going your way. Greg must have been at the top of the Harvard debate team.

I'm sure other vendors will be falling all over themselves to give Greg product discounts so he can use the same effective tactics to promote their products. Rotora must be very pleased with their choice of spokesperson.
Some ignorant fuckers need to be silent because that's all they are capable of which is why that stupid SOB needs to go back to middle school and get an IQ. I never said I received a discount form the company to promote it did I? Stop assuming because I bought my kit off a good friend who bought it and then decided not to buy ti car.

You all can have fun with your piece of shit brembos that squeel and crack...I know all I hear is pure silence and stopping bliss for HALF the cost of your overrated precious brembos.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah, this board is a sorry ass excuse for a forum and is NOT worthy of the privy to to see MY ride.

no pics? then i call
Old 09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Some of you who have been following this thread closely will notice that you no longer are able to see several postings, all posted today.

These have been deleted. This was a great thread with lots of good information, until two posters decided to get personal and use language and words that do not belong in the 3G forum.

We allow a great latitude with regard to language used in these threads, but there is a limit to our tolerance.

The two posters have been warned to not let this happen again.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by Ron A
Some of you who have been following this thread closely will notice that you no longer are able to see several postings, all posted today.

These have been deleted. This was a great thread with lots of good information, until two posters decided to get personal and use language and words that do not belong in the 3G forum.

We allow a great latitude with regard to language used in these threads, but there is a limit to our tolerance.

Thanks for explaining. I thought I was going crazy.

DZeckhausen, thanks for all the info and the pictures.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Ron A

Judging from the language in post #96, one of the posters didn't take your warning to heart.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Racer

Once again.....my point has been proven..and I didn't even have to say anything....so TLMan......kiss my and
Old 09-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Judging from the language in post #96, one of the posters didn't take your warning to heart.
We are much more lenient with bad language than we are with personal attacks and gratuitously foul words.

The Forum Administrator has made his policy clear in this thread, and we abide by his wishes. http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89290

willz822: I have deleted your post, you have been warned again, and the next time you will be banned.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Banned

That post was made before the one's that the MOd has removed and I have already apologized to him for the language. It was not appropriate for the forum or for myself to stoop that low but you guys are driving me crazy becase you think brembo is the best and it clearly is not, especially for what you are paying. To pay nearly 8 percent of a cars price just to upgrade some rotors and calipers on the fromt end only is ridiculous and there will be no noticible performance gain to the average enthusiast to justify that money spent when there are other alternatives for much less that are just as suitable and will provide a major difference for half the coat.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Racer

I agree with you that there are other alternatives besides Brembo's...Most of which are just as good....However, if someone decides to purchase the Brembo kit then that is their choice...It does not make them stupid or ignorant...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it should have been left at that. I apologize to everyone on this thread, including New2004AcuraTLman, for my behavior. It was out-of-line and unacceptable.
I will try and remember why we are all on this forum and that is to talk about the car that we all enjoy everyday.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Banned

I agree with you that there are other alternatives besides Brembo's...Most of which are just as good....However, if someone decides to purchase the Brembo kit then that is their choice...It does not make them stupid or ignorant...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it should have been left at that. I apologize to everyone on this thread, including New2004AcuraTLman, for my behavior. It was out-of-line and unacceptable.
I will try and remember why we are all on this forum and that is to talk about the car that we all enjoy everyday.

Thank, you are correct that people are entitled to thir opinion and are free to purchase whichever brand they like. I Apologize to you as well for the language and personal attacks. It's really not in my nature I just felt that everyone on this thread was atacking me because I was trying to stick up for a cheaper solution that would provide much better performance and looks than stock for 40% less money. That went for the "average enthusiast" and not " track/race enthusiast" although i'm sure the rotors would be great on the track as well. So lets all just get along shall we?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

so... how about them brakes
Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Banned

so... how about them brakes

No Prob, I will post pics tomorrow I promise
Old 09-15-2004, 02:02 PM
professional TL driver

what about upgrades to the standard brembos offered with the 6spd manual? does brembo make slotted or cross drilled (cast) rotors in stock size, can i get floating rotors to upgrade what i already have? dont want to dredge up a touchy issue more than it has but i would like to know
Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ONAGER
what about upgrades to the standard brembos offered with the 6spd manual? does brembo make slotted or cross drilled (cast) rotors in stock size, can i get floating rotors to upgrade what i already have? dont want to dredge up a touchy issue more than it has but i would like to know

good question, I actually emailed Brembo today to find out if they have, or plan to have any aftermarket application for the 04 TL. I couldn't really find anything on their site, somewhat difficult to maneuver. Hopefully they write back to me soon.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Shift_faster

good question, I actually emailed Brembo today to find out if they have, or plan to have any aftermarket application for the 04 TL. I couldn't really find anything on their site, somewhat difficult to maneuver. Hopefully they write back to me soon.
Keep us updated...thanks!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I should get my ROTORA BBK end of this week....

www.rotora.com
Old 11-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Jatt, thanks for bumping the thread to remind me!

Haven't heard anything from Brembo yet, maybe they don't have an answer or by no response they mean the answer is no.

Jatt, get that thing installed as post pics as soon as its done!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Jatt, thanks for bumping the thread to remind me!

Haven't heard anything from Brembo yet, maybe they don't have an answer or by no response they mean the answer is no.

Jatt, get that thing installed as post pics as soon as its done!
i'm putting comptech springs and rear sway bar on saturday and the bbk will probably go next saturday.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:50 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

Do the math, brembo is OVERRATED! Just ask all the 6mt owners how much their brembo setup squeals like a pig

I quit reading this thread when I reached this post, which was like the 3rd one...I have 6K miles on my 6mt and I've never heard a single squeal! ...and I drive my car very "spirited-ly" if anyone wants to consider that a word.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nice exchange of opinion...Obviously the only thing i get from this is that you all agree to disagree.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ITL

I quit reading this thread when I reached this post, which was like the 3rd one...I have 6K miles on my 6mt and I've never heard a single squeal! ...and I drive my car very "spirited-ly" if anyone wants to consider that a word.

i've never had a single squeal either-which is not to say that it dosent happen...

but this car probably brakes better than any car ive had-including the s2k... the brembos are very impressive-especialy after theyre heated...

Quick Reply: Brake Swap