3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought anything from Unique Style Racing.com??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bought anything from Unique Style Racing.com??

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone purchased anything from Unique Style Racing? The have some replacement headlights at a decent price that matched the OEM equipment on my 05 Acura TL. (long story short - I hit a deer and it messed up my left headlight. I already had the headlights cleared and instead of replacing one of them, I want to replace them both)

Secondly, I want to get the halo rings also, but the company said that it's going to cost some money, since the 04-05 headlights are not completely circle they can only add 2 rings (one on each side) unless I modify the headlight more.

Just wondering what others think!

Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Well well. Very funny you should ask. I purchased some crystal/clear sidemarkers from them. Here is the item listing:

http://www.uniquestyleracing.com/20actlclorsm.html

The only picture of the crystal/clear ones is at the bottom of the page. When the items arrived, I was not happy with the quality. Overall the unit "felt cheap" but that is not a valid reason to complain. However, the chrome inside was uneven and jagged. To me this is a valid complaint, and I tried to contact USR about a return. Here's what they look like.

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39860
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39861

In my opinion, that is absolute shit, and I wouldn't put that on my car. So I started off by sending a PM on the board to USR. When I didn't get a reply for a few days, I sent them an email. I replied to the "info@" address which is what the order confirmation email said to do. The email immediately bounced back. There was no such mailbox. At that point I was getting quite concerned that this was a scam/ripoff. I tried another email or two but they kept bouncing. So I called, and I got a young woman on the phone who was very nice, and promised to relay my concerns to the right person and that he would get back to me. He did get back to me via email, with an offer to take the item back minus $10 for the original shipping on the order, plus I would pay to ship them back. I said I was willing to ship them back on my own dime, but that I expect a full refund. They tell me they shipped me the correct item "as-described" and that I would have to take the $10 deduction. I argued that the item is not "as-described" and that if pictures like I posted above had been provided on the website I never would have ordered these. I told them I will still return them with the $10 deduction but that I am not satisfied with the situation. They were very nice throughout the back-and-forth emails (finally they seemed to fix the problem with the "info@" address) but that only goes so far.

Lo and behold, now this thread comes up. Exactly the reason why you need to make things right with your customers, so that the word of mouth is positive not negative.

Personally I wont be doing business with them again. The item that I received from them was very cheaply made and looked terrible, and they're making me eat both shipping costs which I think is bullshit since this item is crap. I expected better from an official A-zine vendor.

/rant

Last edited by stvtec; 02-22-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
^Damn that's crazy. Sorry to hear about that.

I purchased my sidemarkers from USR and had no problems whatsoever. They fit just fine, looked fine, and worked like they are supposed to
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stvtec
Well well. Very funny you should ask. I purchased some crystal/clear sidemarkers from them. Here is the item listing:

http://www.uniquestyleracing.com/20actlclorsm.html

The only picture of the crystal/clear ones is at the bottom of the page. When the items arrived, I was not happy with the quality. Overall the unit "felt cheap" but that is not a valid reason to complain. However, the chrome inside was uneven and jagged. To me this is a valid complaint, and I tried to contact USR about a return. Here's what they look like.

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39860
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39861

In my opinion, that is absolute shit, and I wouldn't put that on my car. So I started off by sending a PM on the board to USR. When I didn't get a reply for a few days, I sent them an email. I replied to the "info@" address which is what the order confirmation email said to do. The email immediately bounced back. There was no such mailbox. At that point I was getting quite concerned that this was a scam/ripoff. I tried another email or two but they kept bouncing. So I called, and I got a young woman on the phone who was very nice, and promised to relay my concerns to the right person and that he would get back to me. He did get back to me via email, with an offer to take the item back minus $10 for the original shipping on the order, plus I would pay to ship them back. I said I was willing to ship them back on my own dime, but that I expect a full refund. They tell me they shipped me the correct item "as-described" and that I would have to take the $10 deduction. I argued that the item is not "as-described" and that if pictures like I posted above had been provided on the website I never would have ordered these. I told them I will still return them with the $10 deduction but that I am not satisfied with the situation. They were very nice throughout the back-and-forth emails (finally they seemed to fix the problem with the "info@" address) but that only goes so far.

Lo and behold, now this thread comes up. Exactly the reason why you need to make things right with your customers, so that the word of mouth is positive not negative.

Personally I wont be doing business with them again. The item that I received from them was very cheaply made and looked terrible, and they're making me eat both shipping costs which I think is bullshit since this item is crap. I expected better from an official A-zine vendor.

/rant
ya, those pics look kinda wack! you can def see the chrome area not even... humm...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i got my clear diffusers, Halo kit for my 05 headlights, and pedals from there. they were extremely nice and helpful, definitely a good customer service company.

The halos are honestly the exact same as the umnitza orion v2 halos. the quality is top notch and they are super bright, 6000k. The clear diffusers had some fitment problems but i had received some compensation back for reporting this to them and being one of the first to buy and install them.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by djmanu
i got my clear diffusers, Halo kit for my 05 headlights, and pedals from there. they were extremely nice and helpful, definitely a good customer service company.

The halos are honestly the exact same as the umnitza orion v2 halos. the quality is top notch and they are super bright, 6000k. The clear diffusers had some fitment problems but i had received some compensation back for reporting this to them and being one of the first to buy and install them.
you got your halos from them too? they told me that since i have a 05 that they can only get one set of the halos on my headlights. did you have to modify the headlight to get both sets on? Cause I really want the halos on them, but I'm not the best with modifications. Do you have any pics of the halos on?????
Old 02-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i made an order for just two halos, make sure u get the harness as well, its needed for a successful and clean install. il try to take a pic on my iphone tomorrow to show u. where are u located btw?

the halos are not a perfect exact fit. u can only get about 1/3 of the halo to epoxy onto the ring, but its enough for a strong hold. il try to find a upclose pic to show it from one of my customized headlight installs for a fellow member.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
I ordered my tails from them...communication is not quick but they shipped them and they were what I expected...and it was a great deal!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

If the markers I bought are the only shitty product they sell, they would have done themselves a favor to just refund me what I paid, and I would pay for the shipping back. This would have left me with a positive outlook on the transaction in spite of the quality issue.

As it stands now I'm avoiding them and will tell this story to whomever asks. I'm not trying to bash them, just stating the facts. As such, I wouldn't want to leave out this part: I was charged $12 for the shipping and they are only deducting $10 from my refund. So they are doing me a $2 favor. I don't want to be accused of leaving anything out.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
bottom_line

I would not recommend buying anything from USR.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the white led side markers and led license plate bulbs...ordered on monday shipped to house friday. I cant complain...license plate leds are awseome.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 AM

Well, to a certain degree I will say, you get what you pay for. I'm sure the quality isn't the same BUT, that said, I couldn't fathom paying for 2 sets of lights etc and over 400 bucks worth to get the "ghost tails" look.
I think with the USR's they are a good starting point and affordable.
Rather than pay shipping back, maybe try and sell them on the BM...maybe someone doesn't mind the chrome OR they may have an idea on how to customize these.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:41 AM

and to add, I just looked at the pics...when you put them up to the camera like that it looks obvious, but I'm sure mounted on the car it won't look badly. If they described as a clear lense, it seems redundant that you can see the "diffuser" of the leds behind it...you bought what they said they were selling and I don't think I blame them for wanting to not lose a penny on the deal.

What I don't get is, YOU paid for shipping...why are they asking for shipping back?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Nah, it looks bad on the car as well. In my opinion. This is the only pic of the clear ones on their website, and IMO what I received does not look like this:

Regarding the shipping, I paid for the item plus $12 to ship it to me. Now they want me to pay to ship it back, plus deduct $10 from my refund.

Maybe I'm being an entitled asshole. I don't know. To me the item is not what was shown on the website and I have no problem paying to ship it back, but I do have a problem with getting docked $10 on my refund too.

And as far as selling in the BM, I highly doubt anyone would want these after seeing the pic.

Oddly, the smoked ones they sell look OK in all the member pics I have seen. I could see if they're willing to send me a set of the smoked ones which are $20 more. But then I'm afraid they will want me to pay the +$20, plus pay return shipping, plus another $10 for the original shipping. Then I will be seriously infuriated.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Advanced

Thank you STVTEC! I will def keep it in mind when dealing with any vendor!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by djmanu
i made an order for just two halos, make sure u get the harness as well, its needed for a successful and clean install. il try to take a pic on my iphone tomorrow to show u. where are u located btw?

the halos are not a perfect exact fit. u can only get about 1/3 of the halo to epoxy onto the ring, but its enough for a strong hold. il try to find a upclose pic to show it from one of my customized headlight installs for a fellow member.
I'm located about 1 hr north of Scranton, PA. With the harness for the cleared defusers make it a plug in play or do I have to splice the wires to get the halo rings to work? I just read that JnC custom headlights found a company who makes the double halo rings for the 05 headlights. I wonder if it's something I should consider... Guess I have to do some more research! Lol
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Well, after I agreed to ship the item back AND take the $10 hit begrudgingly, and making it clear that I was dissatisfied with this resolution, I got back one more email. The guy I was talking to said he checked with his supervisor and got the OK for a full refund once they receive the item back. So I will pay for the return shipping and they will refund me my full payment (item and original shipping). This is EXACTLY what I had requested and expected from the beginning, and I can now say that I have no problems with USR or the way they handled this issue. I do wish they had better pictures of these on their website, because I don't think you guys would be happy with the quality either if you saw them in person. I'm not so sure there is a "supervisor" but in any case, USR has done the right thing in my opinion.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Good to know that they finally gave in, like they should have from the beginning to keep good business good(you werent asking for anything ridiculous, I agree pictures arent the best)...also good to know you arent holding a grudge so to speak with them like a lot of idiot customers(out of their own stupidity or buyers remorse on whatever the product or retailer, with a few exceptions) in the world today...again sorry for the bad experience with them, hopefully it wont happen again if you plan on buying something from them in the future.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 AM

How about tinting them yourself with some tint or something like VHT nightshades? I'm guessing you WANTED the clear ones.
Did they have anything to say about the fact that the ones you got are not like the ones in the picture?

I was trying to figure it out...you paid for shipping...but I get why they didn't want to refund you that amount because technically, once they had your money THEY paid for shipping. They basically just agreed to be fair about you paying half and them paying half!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Yeah you got it right.

I didn't think they quite fit properly, but in another thread someone said a bit of trimming needs to be done and they will fit better. Also, yeah, I was kind of interested in how the clear ones would look on a WDP and when they looked like ass I decided I'd rather cut my losses and just use the red tint on the rear sidemarkers which I'm also going to use on my tails.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Or go type S...although that's some BUCKS!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
I was thinking about ordering diffusers from them. Not so sure now.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
2007 Acura TL

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry

UGH! Wish I had found this thread earlier. I recently made a purchase with them and now have issues. I have the box sitting in front of me. No way I misplaced anything after opening. I hope they trust me and resolve this. I'm very honest and have no reason whatsoever to try to scam them. I just want what I ordered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: "KEVIN" <lee@uniquestyleracing.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:00:21 PM
Subject: Re: Hi Lee, regarding your order USR #829

That is ABSOLUTELY not the case. Here is what you sent me:

- A set of clear headlight diffusers
- 4 piece side markers
- A pair of silver coated turn signal bulbs
- 9005 bulbs (6000k), with wiring harness, and 2 ballasts
- D2S bulbs (6000k), NO wiring harness, and NO ballasts.

The package arrived in good health, I received it directly from the driver and signed off on it. There was no sign of tampering, and inside the box looked to have good packaging.

Are you guys going to send me a pair of wiring harnesses, and a set of ballasts?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: ******@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:37:51 PM
Subject: Hi Lee, regarding your order USR #829

HI Lee,

I believe that you called us today inquiring about the order you received.

You have ordered 2 sets of HID systems = 4 ballasts and that is exactly what we sent you. But according to the person who answered your phone which forward your message to me that you only receive two? I personally checked your order before it goes out to make sure it's 4 ballasts so they are included.

Regards,

Lee
USR
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
USR (Simon) is the mangggggg.....

they are on ebay with the name fishcake321 and I personally have dealt with Simon and he is just a stand up guy.....
Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 AM

^^^I agree with that.
But don't email...call their number and ask the girl to please speak with Simon directly and let him know you're from Acurazine. He will resolve this...
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
SOLD

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I dealt w/USR and Lee w/no problems at all on my aluminum pedal order. He even gave me a $15 discount for being a acruazine member. I emailed them w/the attn to Simon in my subject line but Lee answered both mine and my wife's emails w/out any problems and was completely helpful. I hope they take care of you all w/your problems. BTW my wife did call them and spoke to a woman on the phone and she was not helpful at all. But Lee did take care of it all. Never got a hold of Simon, but I've only heard great things about him here on acruazine.

Good luck to you guys. It'll work it's way out.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM
2007 Acura TL

All of their responses so far have been via email. They have been timely responses so far. I did have to send them pictures of the box, packaging, and the contents that were inside it. Lee spoke with the guy that boxed up the parts and confirmed he missed the items. They said they are going to send me the missing parts. Issue resolved.

Now lets see if I get the correct stuff.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

How about an I'M SORRY from Lee for being wrong?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:40 PM

^^^ you want his lunch money as well ?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
So how is the quality of usr headlight comparing with the oem? how they are holding up after year of use? I thinking in buying the clear headlight but Im still on the fence.

I am hoping when I buy from usr it will look exactly like this one.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-6108226...5_2195_1168636
Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 PM

^^^ lemme help you out...

Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
^^^ thank bro, Im so lazy.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM

^^^
Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM

honestly, the tails are holding up just fine...I bet the fronts are DEPO too...I'm sure they are great.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
05 SSM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Some depo lights dont have a good seal and moisture will get into them. I would buy some clear silicone and seal the shell and the lens
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
2007 Acura TL

Originally Posted by rockstar143
How about an I'M SORRY from Lee for being wrong?
Apology given, apology accepted.

I have talked to the person who packed the package and confirmed that he missed it, very sorry for the mistake. Please confirm your NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS and we will ship it right out, thanks.

Regards,

Lee
USR
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM

Good man...amazing how far an "I'm sorry" can go!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
USR is a good company. They rarely respond to emails usually. I recommend talking to Simon regarding any issues that could arise. Real nice guy and WILL give you a good price even better on the site if you call him.