Sponsored by:

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Body Kits

Has anyone here had the opportunity to have had the body kit installed after you had driven the TL w/out one for a while?...if so has your driving style changed? are you now worried about bottoming out in parking lots or driveways as I find myself scrapping the rubber air deflector on the bottom of the TL.
I love the look but can't add another worry to my already paranoid state when driving or parking the car....
Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It depends on the bodykit you're talking about... I have the A-Spec kit, and my car is slam 2.5", but I don't scrape as much as you would think. It's all in how you drive, I raise the car up during the winter... so there's more clearance, but I like the drop look better.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:51 AM
Team NightHawk VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have mine dropped on comptechs (1")...i drive more careful, its prob just a paranoid thing. but i try to angle the bumps and stuff so i wont scrape...and i still havent yet
Old 08-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HEK
Has anyone here had the opportunity to have had the body kit installed after you had driven the TL w/out one for a while?...if so has your driving style changed? are you now worried about bottoming out in parking lots or driveways as I find myself scrapping the rubber air deflector on the bottom of the TL.
I love the look but can't add another worry to my already paranoid state when driving or parking the car....
I installed mine about a month after I took delivery and noticed no differences in terms of scraping or bottoming. It doesn't reduce the ground clearance all that much. Most of the rop happens at the front corners. I installed my A-spec suspension almost 3 months ago which dropped the car about 1/2 and inch. I still have had no issues. The only thing that as repeatedly scraped it the front black "strake" airdam that channels air up to the radiator. It's right below the radiator, is black, and hangs low enough to scape on driveways if you are not careful. But it's designed to take a beating from what I can tell. I had a similar setup in my old 97 Camry and constantly scraped it without issues for over 7 years.

dsc888