Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A BMW User's Opinion On The TL-S...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A BMW User's Opinion On The TL-S...

I was just googling at work and came across this CNET user's opinion...makes for an interesting reading I would say. Check it out:

BMW 335i CNET

It just makes me feel that much better owning a TL-S.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
there are no options on the TL-S, so it reall is cheaper than reported.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm. How does one option out a Type-S at $45K?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Very interesting read.

TL-S + ASPEC + protection package (the trunk tray/wheel lock one) = ~$45k sticker.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
yeah, but what were you doing looking at reviews for 335's?????
Old 07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Well...the review did take place late last year in October...when the 2007 TL-S' were launched, so I'm assuming the prices were a lot higher then... I'm just happy this guy test drove a lot of vehicles (which included almost all the vehicles I had in mind prior to purchasing my baby) and had nothing but praise for the TL-S. Although his comparisons weren't in-depth...it was enough to satisfy me.

Seriously though, the "only" other car I can think of buying over the TL-S is the BMW 335i (coupe or sedan). Nevertheless, I'm super satisified with the TL-S. Call me a weirdo, but every time I walk away from my car, I quickly pull a 180 and stare at my car to appreciate its beauty! Dam, I love my car!! =P
Old 07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dtech
Well...the review did take place late last year in October...when the 2007 TL-S' were launched, so I'm assuming the prices were a lot higher then... I'm just happy this guy test drove a lot of vehicles (which included almost all the vehicles I had in mind prior to purchasing my baby) and had nothing but praise for the TL-S. Although his comparisons weren't in-depth...it was enough to satisfy me.

Seriously though, the "only" other car I can think of buying over the TL-S is the BMW 335i (coupe or sedan). Nevertheless, I'm super satisified with the TL-S. Call me a weirdo, but every time I walk away from my car, I quickly pull a 180 and stare at my car to appreciate its beauty! Dam, I love my car!! =P

I find myself doing the same thing... My wife and daughter have caught me a few times. We'll get out to go in the mall and I'll be a fee hundred feet away and stop and turn around... and just say something like... LOOK AT THAT! She is gorgeous. I usually don't have to even say anything. Staring is just fine. Anytime my daughter (4yrs old) will see someone new she'll be like "you want to come see my daddy's hot car" cute :o )
Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by leedogg
lol! I knew someone would get the wrong idea, ah! I was googling the 0-60 for the type-s, just because...and pondered across the CNET link, which included the "Acura TL Type-S."

But, as stated above, the BMW 335i is probably the only car out there - right now - that I'd want over my TL-S... then again, the car itself is in a different class...I think.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think I would still rather have my TL- NONS w/ nav over a 335I. The exterior of the 335I is sexy, but the interior is lacking something for me. Then compare the price, $35K OTD, vs: $45K+ OTD. The TL might be slower, and less agile, but it's still a great package overall.

I've really tried to find a BMW that can make me replace the TL. Theres just something about a company that designs all their cars around the Nurburgring and great handling, but I can't find one that makes sense. The closest thing I've found is a 04 M3 at $35K (half what the owner paid new) and only 35K miles.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM
now with four rings

that was more like a paragraph....review....

when i first saw the title of this thread i thought 'oh great...some random bmw owner felt we needed to hear what he thinks about an acura...'

anyways, after i park my car, 9 times out of 10 i turn around to look at it as well...you'd think i would stop doing that after owning the thing for over a year now...can't help it...it looks so damn sexy from every angle... ...even when i'm in a store, i'll look through the window to stare at it for a minute...
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

Call me a weirdo, but every time I walk away from my car, I quickly pull a 180 and stare at my car to appreciate its beauty! Dam, I love my car!! =P

I'm weirdo number 2, I guess! (LOL)
Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
45k nicely optioned
Old 07-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts

correct me if i'm wrong but the MSRP of the S is the same now than it was in october right?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leedogg
The real question is why are you reading car review articles from a website known for their consumer electronics reviews? I'll trust CNET when it comes to a review of plasma TVs but i think I'll leave the reviews of cars to the car professionals.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Glad I'm not the only one! I have friends who "hate" just because I'm admiring my baby! Why?? I mean, it's an awesome sedan/performance car!! Minus the amber turn signal lights in the headlight housing, the black finish makes it look so clean! The quad exhaust is another beauty from the back!!! I'm just hoping the next design is better...otherwise, I'll jump ships...

Off topic, but my baby's in the shop right now...new parts are being added as I was involved in an accident...haven't seen my car in a week! I've been looking at the photos to remind me of my baby when I Zaino'd it, ah! I'm in a Jeep Compass rental...omg...transitioning from the TL-S to a pos suv is the worse... handling, acceleration, and overall ride comfort is thrown out the window... I mean, you'd at least expect a compass in the vehicle to give its name a meaning, but nope...NOTHING! I tried flooring it (since it's not my car) and I was going slower than old bucket sentra! lol!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by evolpe
The real question is why are you reading car review articles from a website known for their consumer electronics reviews? I'll trust CNET when it comes to a review of plasma TVs but i think I'll leave the reviews of cars to the car professionals.
You're misunderstanding buddy. lol! I don't go on CNET looking for reviews...it was just someone's opinion...hence "user's opinion"?? ehe. Anyway, just thought I'd add this in...our interior is FAR MORE superior than the all-new nissan altima coupe... if you ever sit in one, the first thing you'll notice is the cheap leatherette. LOL! Perforated REAL leather seats make a huge difference...not to mention the overall interior design...sheesh, what was Nissan thinking?? Although, I do have to admit...it's still better than its predecessors. I know, it's probably not the best comparison, but still... Improvement is better than nothing, eh. Altima...all I have to say is..."looks good from far, but FAR from good..."
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
me,gill,and tl-s

My 02 TL-S gets me everytime!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
The ONLY other car I really considered b4 my 07 TL-S was the 335i Coupe with everything,

especially the sport pkg. with those awesome 18" wheels. Beautiful car. BUT I need a year

round car, only have room for 1 vehicle. I couldn't see driving a 335i Coupe in the snow,

just doesn't seem right, and would probably SUCK anyway.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Acuras Only in

I think we need a group hug .... LMAO .... Add me to this admire-my-own-car list ....
Old 07-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
The ONLY other car I really considered b4 my 07 TL-S was the 335i Coupe with everything,

especially the sport pkg. with those awesome 18" wheels. Beautiful car. BUT I need a year

round car, only have room for 1 vehicle. I couldn't see driving a 335i Coupe in the snow,

just doesn't seem right, and would probably SUCK anyway.
I too was very interested in the 335xi since it has a monster engine, but I just can't justify the price preimum for that car. Also, as someone else said on this thread already, the interior just isn't doing it for me.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shooter
I think we need a group hug .... LMAO .... Add me to this admire-my-own-car list ....
i also have the disease to look at my car everytime i park it..i glance back at it a couple time just to make sure its alright lol
Old 07-21-2007, 12:24 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by shooter
LOL INDEED!!

sifuacura, I too look at it a few times to make sure it's okay. ahaha! People think I'm being anal whenever I look at the sides for dings...sup with that? I mean, mind your own f'n business, right? Some people I tell you... Oh, and something I didn't mention before is that I take pics too! Sometimes, it looks so damn good that you have to take a pic of it to cherish the moment forever!

For the record...nothing tops Japanese brand interiors... I'm patriotic and all, but when it comes to cars, I'll either go Japanese or German...can't stand American cars...definitely not for me (no offense to anyone). *salutes the flag*
Old 07-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Racer

LOL INDEED!!

sifuacura, I too look at it a few times to make sure it's okay. ahaha! People think I'm being anal whenever I look at the sides for dings...sup with that? I mean, mind your own f'n business, right? Some people I tell you... Oh, and something I didn't mention before is that I take pics too! Sometimes, it looks so damn good that you have to take a pic of it to cherish the moment forever!

For the record...nothing tops Japanese brand interiors... I'm patriotic and all, but when it comes to cars, I'll either go Japanese or German...can't stand American cars...definitely not for me (no offense to anyone). *salutes the flag*
This may be a dumb question but do any of u know what the 0-60 is on the base TL?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Question 335xi ?

Originally Posted by ReD-BaRoN
I too was very interested in the 335xi since it has a monster engine, but I just can't justify the price preimum for that car. Also, as someone else said on this thread already, the interior just isn't doing it for me.
When did they bring out an AWD 335i in a coupe ?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 AM
4th Gear

Not only do I spin around to look at my Type S every time I get into the elevator in the parking deck, but I stand there and click the lock button on my key fob to admire the pretty lights. And, sometimes, I have to open the elevator door again just to get another glimpse. I can't get enough!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
When did they bring out an AWD 335i in a coupe ?
It wouldn't be the coupe, it would be the sedan.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335xisedan/default
Old 07-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Racer

I owned a supercharged 95' 318ti and let me tell you guys, I always had something to complain about it. TL-S is just pure satisfaction after you drive. I can also now look forward to winter to go snowboarding in the mountains instead of dreading the snow. That feeling is indescribeable.