Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Tooth users

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blue Tooth users

Do you find this feature useful in the car? Are you in the car talking that uch for it to make a difference? Thoughts...... Worth switching serves to get blue tooth? How is it different than a handsfree kit?
Old 03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, It makes a huge difference. No wires, you walk in the car and it's there, the volume mutes when it rings. You get visual confirmation of incoming calls so if you are talking with passengers, you don't miss a call
Only problem is since phone is in center console, if you get messages, while you're out of the car, you won't see them in the MID. (would be a cool feature)
Old 03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Racer

I find it extremely useful, and I consider it a significant safety enhancement as well, particularly with a 6MT equipped car. Whether making or accepting calls, you never have to move your eyes from the road or your hands from the wheel, while the phone is either still in my pocket or charging in the console. Phone conversations are as simple and easy as talking to a passenger in the right seat. HFL is one of my favorite features of my TL.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Racer

I am in the process of switching from Nextel (been with them almost 5 years) to Tmobile simply because of HFL.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even if you use it one or twice a day, you will love it.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Advanced

Any system where my wife, my daughter, or yours truly don't have to fumble for a phone on the seat, on the floor, in a purse, or in a pocket to receive or make a call while driving is the right system for me. I like the TL's HFL so much that I've bought (2)somewhat similar systems -- www.driveblue.com -- for our MDX and the daughter's TSX.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Originally posted by gotsand?
Any system where my wife, my daughter, or yours truly don't have to fumble for a phone on the seat, on the floor, in a purse, or in a pocket to receive or make a call while driving is the right system for me. I like the TL's HFL so much that I've bought (2)somewhat similar systems -- www.driveblue.com -- for our MDX and the daughter's TSX.
GotSand? LikeAcura?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Cruisin'

I switched providers to take advantage of Bluetooth and I use it every day. It's easy to use, safer than digging for your phone and the cool factor is pretty high when your stereo mutes and the caller ID comes up on the MID. I can't imagine being without it now. If you aren't under a contract with your current provider, I'd definitely make the switch to Bluetooth.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Instructor

I agree with all the above reasons- I use it all the time. I also had to change providers and get a new phone bits its worth it (to me) for sure.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Racer

HFL is awesome... i use it all the times... it is definately much safer... however, the voice recognition is not always 100% accurate... so be patient with it...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by soljc
I am in the process of switching from Nextel (been with them almost 5 years) to Tmobile simply because of HFL.
don't quote me, but i've heard rumors that nextel will be adding bluetooth to one of their new phones slated to come out towards the end of the year... the i930 i believe... but like i said, just rumors...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by gotsand?
I saw that Parrot system. How is the sound quality?

How much did you pay?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Advanced

EmuMessenger:
AT&T retail stores are selling that DriveBlue unit for $99. It doesn't mute the sound system and the sound quality is a bit tinny, but it recognizes my voice commands just as well as the TL unit. (You can read into that what you will). The DriveBlue menu assists you in moving numbers from your cell phone's phonebook to the unit and pairs up very easily. I have the Sony Ericsson T616. You have to reach to hit the answer/hangup buttons but if your power source isn't too far away, you're ok. Worth the money for me. I expected it to be around $200 or more.

Moreace:
I don't like sand that much but living in the middle of the desert doesn't give me much choice. I do love gadgets like HFL. My garage is FOA (full of Acuras) as you noticed, and they help when I need to get out of the sandbox.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

Once the thing is working it works great. The problem in my car is the recognition part. Some times it works sometimes it doesn't. The nav recognition is much better.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Yes, the bluetooth is very useful, in terms of hands free while driving. I have bluetooth on my existing phone already and I told my friend that bluetooth is a 'must have' function on the future phone I have, if I decided to switch phone. And if you asked me to choose from either bluetooth or camera on the phone, I will choose bluetooth which is more useful and practical.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Lurker

Absolutely...I ditched my S307 for an unlocked T616 from Ebay. Bluetooth is a way cool feature.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Blue Tooth users

Originally posted by moreace
Do you find this feature useful in the car? Are you in the car talking that uch for it to make a difference? Thoughts...... Worth switching serves to get blue tooth? How is it different than a handsfree kit?
Absolutely excellent feature. I'm always talking on the car for all my work related meetings. I commute 30 miles one way and make this time productive by attending meetings in the morning and evening.

It's different from HandsFree kit like you do not ned to carry any equipment. No wires or no ear pieces no attachments to do entering and leaving the car.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
10th Gear

Blue tooth question

I do lots of business from my car. It's my office when I am in route someplace, It's that time to chat with my wife when I am away from home and office, Yes, I use my car for a 'chat room and a business conversation place'.
And now it's against the law to be 'on the phone' except hands free here in CA.
My head set is much much better to use than is the car set. Car will not switch tower to tower well at all and neither Acura nor Blue tooth nor ATT will even acknowledge there is a problem!!!
Bill
2008 TL no Nav.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doesn't Nextel / Sprint have bluetooth on the Blackberries? I use a Blackberry Pearl, and my Bluetooth has been working since day one. I am also T-Mobile...and I have no experience with Nextel, so correct me if I'm wrong. It isn't a service provided by the service provider(that came out weird), but it is a transmission between the phone and the car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all blue tooth is is a connection between the car and the phone(same as phone to phone), so any phone that is bluetooth capable, will be able to(or should be able to) connect to the car.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
Doesn't Nextel / Sprint have bluetooth on the Blackberries? I use a Blackberry Pearl, and my Bluetooth has been working since day one. I am also T-Mobile...and I have no experience with Nextel, so correct me if I'm wrong. It isn't a service provided by the service provider(that came out weird), but it is a transmission between the phone and the car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all blue tooth is is a connection between the car and the phone(same as phone to phone), so any phone that is bluetooth capable, will be able to(or should be able to) connect to the car.
Man this thread is like four years old!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:44 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by wels
I do lots of business from my car. It's my office when I am in route someplace, It's that time to chat with my wife when I am away from home and office, Yes, I use my car for a 'chat room and a business conversation place'.
And now it's against the law to be 'on the phone' except hands free here in CA.
My head set is much much better to use than is the car set. Car will not switch tower to tower well at all and neither Acura nor Blue tooth nor ATT will even acknowledge there is a problem!!!
Bill
2008 TL no Nav.

Might not be an ATT or car problem but a phone problem. What are you using? All of my Nokias have worked well and my iPhone is even better. There is a list of phones that work and those that don't on this site in another section. Acura also has a list of phones that will work.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
NTMD8

This feature is awesome man, no wires, headsets or anything to worry about, i just leave the phone in my pocket and hop in the car, if someone calls me, i can see all who it is w/o taking out the phone ( well the number at least). I mean its not necessary but its an awesome feature that I thouroughly enjoy using.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i love it, even if i only use it a few times a week. i also hate the look of those stupid ear pieces. i want to rip them off people heads and break them anytime i see them. plus, you never have to charge it, and like others have said, it works with your car stereo so your music stops automatically.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Cruisin'

When I bought my 2008 WDP TL with NAV I got a new phone from Sprint to take advantage of the HFL. I just wanted a phone, no camera, no mp3 player, no PDA, just a plain phone. I got an LG LX160 which the Acura site indicated was fully compatible with with the HFL system. It is very useful. I don't even need to take my phone out of my backpack, even works from the trunk (weak signal).

I had left the phone in the house when I went to run an errand. While sitting out in front of the house I got a call in the car 40 or 50 feet from the phone. The HLF works well.

Jim
Old 07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UminChu
I find it extremely useful, and I consider it a significant safety enhancement as well, particularly with a 6MT equipped car. Whether making or accepting calls, you never have to move your eyes from the road or your hands from the wheel, while the phone is either still in my pocket or charging in the console. Phone conversations are as simple and easy as talking to a passenger in the right seat. HFL is one of my favorite features of my TL.
Well Said
Old 07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by soljc
I have the Nextel i880 phone and it works great with HFL. Even in the Direct Connect mode.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
The HFL is great, now if someone can figure out how to force it display Caller Name via bluetooth, rather than the number...that will be awesome...

But yes, this is the greatest feature ever.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old thread but I'll post anyway!!

I love the HFL. First time I've had a car with this kind of capability. I use it ALL the time and it's way safer, more convenient, and more comfortable to use than the crappy earpiece I had for when I drove. I never have to charge anything which is a bonus. Sometimes people complain that it sounds like they're on speakerphone (obviously), but it's not me on the other end so I dont care!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Zombie threads!

Back in 2004 I dont think bluetooth was quite as common as it is today. No need to switch providers. Nearly everyone offers an inexpensive bluetooth phone.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Old thread, but I'll comment anyway - I love the Bluetooth feature. I had a bit of trouble pairing my phone, but that's a one-time operation. It's a lot easier to deal with two buttons on the steering wheel and voice-activated dialing than to pull over, whip out your cell, and start punching in numbers. If someone calls you, the number comes up on the MID, and your radio mutes. And as for talking to whoever's on the phone, it's nearly the same as talking to a passenger in your car. And you don't have to keep one of those uncomfortable Bluetooth earpieces in your ear
Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
10th Gear

I like and use 'new' technolgy. Blue tooth is great. In my car, it is wonderful. My car system leaves a bit to be desired, instead I choose to use the wireless headset. I spend a couple hours a day in my car. That's two hours I can be productive, in contact with my children, my wife, etc. Not having to hold a phone to my ear this whole time is, to me, a big deal!!! :-)
Old 07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

my t-mobile dash linked right up to the TL perfectly. it's quite helpful. passengers who ride along and aren't used to a car that doesn't have bluetooth connectivity (even Sentra's come with bluetooth connection now btw) they are amazed at it. i enjoy the added luxury and convenience that it gives. it still blows me away that Mercedes has JUST now offered it as standard for the 2009 models. our customers have to pay $493 plus tax to get bluetooth activated on their cars.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

in my '02 I had a Motorola bluetooth speaker phone and it worked pretty good, then I got my '04 with it built in. It might be oneof my favorite features of the 3rd gens. I push the button tell it who to call, then confirm it with a 'yes' and that's it, don't have to turn my radio down to make or receive a call, never have to take my phone out of my pocket(or the console if it's charging) and just push the hangup button when I'm done. Oh and also if you have NAV it will dial for you straight from the screen if there is a number available for the place you are wanting to navigate to. I have an iPhone, and all the features work with it, the '04's don't have the option to transfer the phone book though which is the only thing I think the iPhone won't do.