Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitter Sweet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:55 AM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bitter Sweet!!!

Hey everyone, well i have been asking my friends about it, and get about the same response everytime. "Yeah its not a bad color", "wasnt there any other color avaiable", or "dont worry about the color, you've got a great car". Anyway the bottom line is that i went down to Fountain Acura and picked up my TL about 3 weeks ago, the car is awesome and love it everyday that i drive, i just regret picking the color that i did. It was the only color available at the time and the impatient person that i am, just signed the deal and everything, and the color at that time didnt even occur to me as an issue. Now it kinda occurs to me everyday that i could have waited or ordered it in a different color. I got like 2500 miles on it. Is there anything i could do about this or theres no way out. I dont mean to ruin it for anyone else who has the same color, its just that it was not my preference or first choice, and yet i got it. Help or suggestions !!!???
Old 07-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Screw what everyone else thinks. And, ah, btw, what the hell color are you talking about?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:01 PM
registered !!

oops forgot to mention the color, its Desert Mist with parchment !!!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Intox1221
oops forgot to mention the color, its Desert Mist with parchment !!!
Thats what I have and it wasn't my first choice either. I like it now. Tint the windows 35% all around and put on mudguards and it looks great.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Also you can put in a trunk tray and the winter mats. The black offsets the parchment really well! I keep the mats in all year and my carpets look brand new even though I've been through one winter.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Desert Mist should be a very easy color to take care of since it won't show dirt or water spots like some of the darker colors. I went with the RRed on my TL but I keep it garaged. My F-150, which stays outside is a light gold metalic similar to Desert Mist and has proven to be very easy to keep presentable without a lot of fuss.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not as common as some of the others, easy to keep looking nice, and looks very classy. Sounds like a good choice to me!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Do not worry about the color. You'll get used to. DMM is a good color though. As Jss1said try to contrast with tint and mats.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Team Anthracite

My first TL was silver, and i hated it at first. Eventually it grew on me. I want Anthracite this time because while I love Black, the Anthracite shows off the line details better.

You'll get used to the color, and probably learn to love it -- but definitely tint the window, give it some contrast. Thats all it's missing. Great suggestion on the tint & guards.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most absolutely striking TL I have seen was RRP with black interior. I hear it's to be discontinued in favor of a ruby or burgundy red.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Desert Mist was my least favorite color until I had a loaner in that color for almost a week. I learned to really appreciate it. I don't believe there's anything you can do about it, unless you want to take a bath on a trade.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Advanced

Hahaha this post actually made me laugh... dude relax , everyone gets a little consience about their car especially since they pay so much money for it.. i remember when i got mine back in feb. and i was like "oh no.. i shouldve gotten a Manuel transmission" you wouldnt even imagine how bad i felt.. then my friends with sticks shifts were pointing out the good facts about having an Automatic.. for example.. we drive more comfortable in traffic.. (the only one i can think of right now ) .. but honestly i dont care anymore..And Desert Mist is a lovely color.. seriously even my girlfriend liked it.. when she saw it on the road with tints and the little spoiler on the back.. (the lumpy one.. not the wing..) we were both like "wow it looks good in that color" but honestly... the TL is one of those cars that looks good in any color... you know how some cars just doesnt work with certain colors??
Old 07-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Team Anthracite

I just got my Anthracite/Camel 6mt, and boy is it AWSOME! Almost every body that passes it stops and gawks at it. Makes me feel really good.

I waithed for mine almost 9 weeks, and boy was the wait worth it. good luck with your DM. And the folks are right, screw what anybody else thinks. After all, you have to live with it not them.

Alan
Old 07-26-2004, 07:16 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Desert Mist is a good color if you meet the Acura's target market for the car (35-40). It's easy to maintain and is usually referred to by onlookers as looks "classy" or "elegant". Akin to a buyer who doesn't quite have the cash to buy the sedan E-series Benz, they started to offer it on the lowly C-Class cars and it took off. Same thing here. Acura is targeting a demographic and that color is a hit with that demographic. I see that your VERY young having been only on this planet for a little over 20 years via you bio. So, the color you have isn't a "racey" color. So what, take it for what it is... Prestigious and tell those low-lifes dinging your classy ride that they can walk to the store the next time...
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
registered !!

wow u guys have been great. I should jus appreciate the color and move on. I love the car for one thing and it feels pretty good getting all that of my chest, lol i hope i didnt crack u up once again Zero523. I have 20% tints on it, looks great, also got the all weather mats. Will have picks of my ride here soon, lemme know what u all think...
Old 07-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Intox1221,

You have a sweet ride!!! Don't worry about the color. I saw that car on the lot and it was sharp. Did you get the 6sp/Navi HPT model or the AT/Non-navi? Also, may I ask who your salesperson was and what ya paid? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Instructor

I picked the color and non-nav due to impatience. The WDP was my second choice colorwise but I love the car. Living in the desert it is the most practical color. At least I don't get burned touching it.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Advanced

I ended up w/DMM, though it was not my first choice. I was enamored of the Camel interior until I saw it up close - black dash contrast too jarring for my tastes. In the showroom was a DMM/Ebony combination, which I had always found both striking and unusual. Liked it enough to drive it off the floor and into my garage, and like it more each day.

DMM, like silver, very forgiving when dirty; and let's be real - that's most of the time! Still like NBP/Camel (only exterior color I would consider w/that interior) but my time is too valuable for upkeep.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:36 AM
registered !!

Originally Posted by ducati748R
Intox1221,

You have a sweet ride!!! Don't worry about the color. I saw that car on the lot and it was sharp. Did you get the 6sp/Navi HPT model or the AT/Non-navi? Also, may I ask who your salesperson was and what ya paid? Thanks.
I have the 5 speed auto with navi. Navi turns out to be quite handy !!!! I paid $500 less than the sticker and the sales person was Dale Todd at Fountain Acura in orlando, Fl. The color is nice dont get me wrong on that, it just seems like i got it out of impatience or lack of choices that bugs me. But i guess when you buy a premium product like this car, you just wanna get it perfect, and really the car is friggin great anyway you look at it. Look forward to drive it every single time...