Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bisimoto......Never again

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Bisimoto......Never again

Normally I never have problems with customer services but there is always a first time to everything so there we go.

In mid April I contact Julio at Bisimoto Engineering for a set of Level II cams for my 04 TL including springs+retainers+ a new core set since I couldn't afford to not have my car running for long time.

On April 18th I reveiced the sale receipt with just basic info saying J series cams package deal 1599$
On May 17th I received the confirmation of my shippement.
On May 28th I received the package, the springs didn't had any markings on them so I wait to confirm that they had the same spring rate just in case.

June 5th, replacement began, and 'bumer, the cams last bearing surface(not sure of the english term sorry....) are 3/16 longer than my removed OEM.

Before I go on, I have to say a big THANKS to GERZAND who help me with the casting info.

He helped me to find out that BISIMOTO send cams core for a J32A3

I then rush to contact them and send pictures that talked for them selves.

Now the real problems begins........

Since there is not a big market for those cams, even if they say they have 70 in stock they are not regrind yet so they couldn't send me another set ASAP.

I had to send them my own ones along with there wrong J32A3. As per they said, they gave me a 50$ shipping reimbursement but it justed covered the price of the added weight of the 2 additional cams.

On june 6th, I took FEDEX 1 day (295$) to save time to have some cams back asap since my car is now grounded......

June 8, after customs, they received the cams at 1000 AM local. Miss Hedi from Bisimoto than contacted me and promiss to have them machined in 5-7 days

June 13th, 4 open days after they have the 4 cams in hand I received the confirmation that they justed have been sent to the machine shop........eeeeeeeehhhhhhh WHATTT!!!!!!

On June 20th, after like 5 emails of WTF is happing with my cams I received the confirmation of shippement with Hedi saying that they used USPS Priority like if it would be quick!!!!

F____K I asked them to rush the shippement since it have been 14 days not like 7 that they were talking at fisrt.

I would have paid myself if needed!!!!!

Now I sould receive them on July 5th...... 1 month.......yeah 1month.

But my misery isn't finish yet no no no, I just received the confirmation of the amount of reimbursement, a big 270$ including the shipping reimbursement of 50$ witch let me 220$ for the core set that is valued at 389$ on there website.

I know I had a discount since everything together is 1660$ without shipping, but still 169$ less, I hope they wont say that they could only lower ther core price on the package deal of 1599 all include.

To add something over that, every single email I received from them was saying like: hope you are having a great week so far....... Hope you had a lovely weekend.....

How the F__K do you want me to have a lovely weekend when I cannot use my car an miss 2 race events............

Is it me or I feel like someone is playing with my balls

What is your opinion, also do you have anything that could help me with them.

OP: I don't know in witch Forums it goes
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn IMO
Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Although it sounds like there were some mistakes and delays, which can of course be frustrating, I really don't see the big deal.

If I'm reading correctly, you're getting what you need and getting it at a reasonable price.

Yes, the delay is annoying - totally agree, but you sound kind of exitable if you can't handle "Have great week" in a customer facing email. Besides these ARE specialty items, some wait time just doesn't seem to be unrealistic.
The following users liked this post:
3GTL (07-17-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
Although it sucks to hear about your constant delays. I am in to see how the new ones come back and the results after install.

Pics would be nice also. Especially of the springs and retainers.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
try waiting 6 months for an ECU.
although, my car isnt grounded...so you got me beat there.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's sometimes understandable to have delays, maybe they were back logged in the machine shop? I was kinda of mad when I had my car in the shop and they said I would get it back in a weeks. From previous experience I knew I wouldn't get it back for at least 2 weeks, but then after over 3 weeks I was heated but thy gave me a big discount and apologized and offered other free services in the future so I was satasfied
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Agree with Bearcat - delays suck, and shit happens.

BTW: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ecu-t...w-my-tune.html

Originally Posted by Wolks War
OP: I don't know in witch Forums it goes
You know what OP means?

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 07-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Nope,

I thought it was like a note to the mederator to move the tread if needed. sorry for my noobish!!!!

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Agree with Bearcat - delays suck, and shit happens.

BTW: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ecu-t...w-my-tune.html

You know what OP means?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Advanced

I understand what you mean, but I felt like they were sarcastic in there Email & via phone.

For the wrong cams, if they knew that J32A3 and J32A4 had different cams, I think they should have confrimed with me.

The delay for the machine shop is not too bad I agree, but I would have appreciate a faster delivery method like the one I used for the shippement of mine. they used 6-10 open days delivery....

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Although it sounds like there were some mistakes and delays, which can of course be frustrating, I really don't see the big deal.

If I'm reading correctly, you're getting what you need and getting it at a reasonable price.

Yes, the delay is annoying - totally agree, but you sound kind of exitable if you can't handle "Have great week" in a customer facing email. Besides these ARE specialty items, some wait time just doesn't seem to be unrealistic.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Advanced

I'll do that for sure.

Sorry I didn't answer in one reply , still not aware of everything.
Originally Posted by sauceja
Although it sucks to hear about your constant delays. I am in to see how the new ones come back and the results after install.

Pics would be nice also. Especially of the springs and retainers.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
That really sucks. My father told me when I was 16 not to mod the same car I have to use to drive to work every day. I didn't listen to him of course which resulted in many favors from friends and parents and many all nighters to have the car running for work.

Unfortunately this is not that abnormal for the aftermarket. They should have helped you out more considering that losing a cam can cause you to lose an engine. When they took the ZDDP out of oil, we lost several hundred GN cams and more than half of the time it took out the engine too from all of the metal in the oil. We had the "budget roller cam" disaster which took out a couple hundred more due to the wrong surface and bad metallurgy. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but just putting it out there that it's not just Bisimoto or Acura, this stuff happens in the aftermarket fairly often. Just to clarify, in the original post you're saying that the cam went flat, right?

So you're saying the base circle was larger on the cams you received than the cams you were supposed to get which resulted in either coil bind or a clearance issue somewhere? I'm just trying to figure out exactly what happened. I'm actually surprised it ran at all and wasn't noisy as hell. I know it's too late now but pay attention to the engine if you lost a cam. If you haven't done so already, change the oil and filter a couple times.

I'm trying to figure out if they screwed up the surface of the cam or if it was the wrong cam. It's important in case you have bottom end issues down the road.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by I hate cars
That really sucks. My father told me when I was 16 not to mod the same car I have to use to drive to work every day. I didn't listen to him of course which resulted in many favors from friends and parents and many all nighters to have the car running for work.

Unfortunately this is not that abnormal for the aftermarket. They should have helped you out more considering that losing a cam can cause you to lose an engine. When they took the ZDDP out of oil, we lost several hundred GN cams and more than half of the time it took out the engine too from all of the metal in the oil. We had the "budget roller cam" disaster which took out a couple hundred more due to the wrong surface and bad metallurgy. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but just putting it out there that it's not just Bisimoto or Acura, this stuff happens in the aftermarket fairly often. Just to clarify, in the original post you're saying that the cam went flat, right?

So you're saying the base circle was larger on the cams you received than the cams you were supposed to get which resulted in either coil bind or a clearance issue somewhere? I'm just trying to figure out exactly what happened. I'm actually surprised it ran at all and wasn't noisy as hell. I know it's too late now but pay attention to the engine if you lost a cam. If you haven't done so already, change the oil and filter a couple times.

I'm trying to figure out if they screwed up the surface of the cam or if it was the wrong cam. It's important in case you have bottom end issues down the road.
I know shit happens, sorry to hear about the damage.

Even if my Tl is my DD, I used my winter beater instead (Subaru forester Xt 2005).

For the cams, all lobes were at the same place, and I did slowly manualy turn the motor to be sure that everything cleared properly. It didn't damage the engine.

I tried to join 2 pictures to clearly illustrate what i'm talking about, first try hope it works!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Bisimoto......Never again-camscloseupview.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 AM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
Sorry to hear OP.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Bisimoto sent you J32A4 cams instead of J32A3 cams for your 04 TL 6MT?

and the 07-08 A4 cams are longer than the 04-06 A3 cams?

Last edited by gwiffer; 07-05-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I know shit happens, sorry to hear about the damage.

Even if my Tl is my DD, I used my winter beater instead (Subaru forester Xt 2005).

For the cams, all lobes were at the same place, and I did slowly manualy turn the motor to be sure that everything cleared properly. It didn't damage the engine.

I tried to join 2 pictures to clearly illustrate what i'm talking about, first try hope it works!!!!!
That makes a lot more sense. I was on my phone and I thought it said you "lost" the bearing surface, not "last" bearing surface. I thought your cam went flat. Disregard everything I said lol.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Wolks,
I am Bisi Ezerioha, the founder of Bisimoto. I am intimately aware of your project, your experiences, and now your thoughts on how you feel about my company.

Something you may not be aware of is how important your project is to me, and the policies I overruled to make sure you were happy with your experience. Allow me to expand on this:

The J23A cams you purchased as a core were sourced from the USDM dealership, and costs $598 to us. We offer a lower price as a bundle to customers like you, as a service, and bought the cams from Honda based upon the engine code given to us. As they are now modified, you can imagine that they cannot be returned to Honda.

Custom camshafts are not returnable, however, my team plead on your behalf, and hence I approved it, and requested for your personal camshafts.

After arrival, within 2 business days, I magnafluxed and x-rayed (free of charge) your used set to ensure that they are optimal for our reprofiling process. This typically adds another week and a half to the cam reprofiling process, however it was expedited, just for you.

Upon completion, I personally took it to the post office (you will see my signature on the box), and paid for the shipping to you via the US Postal Service, fully insured.

Last week, I neglected our policies again, and wrote you a check for the core, minus restocking, and the shipping charges that Hedi communicated with you.

Julio and Hedi are the biggest advocates for your project. If not for them, I would not have bent the policies, as we have very strict guidelines within Bisimoto. You can imagine how often Honda and Acura enthusiasts try to take advantage of Bisimoto, and hence we have strict guidelines to protect our interests. I see that you are not happy with them in your posts above, but they really have your back and best interests.

Even at a significant loss to the company (cam reprofiling twice, expensive factory core that cannot be returned, shipping, etc), customer service was paramount, as my team and I felt your pain.

I hope you now have a clearer understanding on how my team and I sincerely went out of our way to assist you, as we are also avid racers and enthusiasts, and want the best for you.

Upon receipt, you will see how meticulous our process is, and you will experience excellent performance form your new cam profile, as thousands of our customers have as well. I hope that helps, and I look forward to you exceeding you performance goals. Thanks, and have a great balance of the week.
The following 8 users liked this post by Bisimoto:
DeathMetal (07-05-2012), JCharged (07-11-2012), justnspace (07-05-2012), mrtrojanap7 (07-11-2012), NighthawkBlack (07-18-2019), OTSB708 (07-10-2012), pohljm (07-05-2012), sauceja (07-06-2012) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced

[quote=Bisimoto;13884865]Wolks,
I am Bisi Ezerioha, the founder of Bisimoto. I am intimately aware of your project, your experiences, and now your thoughts on how you feel about my company.

Hi Bisi,

I'm aware of all the extra cost you might have had to ensure my used cams where in good shape. I never dought about the quality of you work.

When I received the cams (May 28), I sent a email to Julio to say how happy I was about the quality. this is not the issue.

When I first spoke with hedi, I ask her to send me new cams again but she ask for my used ones just to be sure I would not have any issue and it was ok with me. She told me that she would try to have them machined in 5-7 days, but never said anything about extra time!!!!

When you say that you sent cams as per the info I sent you, I look in the email an I've wrote ''that I have a J32A from an Acura TL 04 witch is, as far as I know, automatically a J32A4. Maybe I'm wrong. So that's why I don't see why I sould pay for restocking.

I just wanted to make sure to other Aziners to confrim in the future the engine code 'cause it is not written it you receipt witch could have been avoided by that.

Once Again, QUALITY is not the issue, I'm sure I'll have nothing to say but good comments
Old 07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Can someone explain the block and cam codes?

The OP has an 04 TL (Canadian market). The US TL used a J32A3 in 04-06 and J32A4 in 07-08.

@Wolks War: What is the engine block code on your car, specifcally?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

[QUOTE=Wolks War;13884962]
Originally Posted by Bisimoto
Wolks,

Hi Bisi,

I'm aware of all the extra cost you might have had to ensure my used cams where in good shape. I never dought about the quality of you work.

When I received the cams (May 28), I sent a email to Julio to say how happy I was about the quality. this is not the issue.

When I first spoke with hedi, I ask her to send me new cams again but she ask for my used ones just to be sure I would not have any issue and it was ok with me. She told me that she would try to have them machined in 5-7 days, but never said anything about extra time!!!!

When you say that you sent cams as per the info I sent you, I look in the email an I've wrote ''that I have a J32A from an Acura TL 04 witch is, as far as I know, automatically a J32A4. Maybe I'm wrong. So that's why I don't see why I sould pay for restocking.

I just wanted to make sure to other Aziners to confrim in the future the engine code 'cause it is not written it you receipt witch could have been avoided by that.

Once Again, QUALITY is not the issue, I'm sure I'll have nothing to say but good comments
Hello Wolks,
Just thought I would chime in as well. I want to thank you for your interest in Bisimoto technology for your project and as Bisi said we are here to help you out with your build. I know after you get your car running, you will be more than satisfied with the performance gained and I myself would love to see the outcome with both horse power numbers as well times at the track.

After finding out about your issue I spoke to both Bisi and Hedi to see what can be done to resolve the problem and as a team we did as best as we could. We did bypass many Bisimoto policy's being that it was important for us to help you to the best of our ability.

At the time we had received your factory camshafts back, Bisimoto did have a little delay due to a large amounts of orders that came in due to race season, even so we still pushed your cores ahead of many others just to expedite your return as quickly as possible.

If you need further assistance with your project please feel free to reach us at anytime at 888-922-6686 or email us at sales@bisimoto.com and we will do our very best to get your project to surpass your goals!
The following 2 users liked this post by BisimotoJulio:
justnspace (07-06-2012), mrtrojanap7 (07-11-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
nice! soo I expect dyno pictures after the install OP
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by gwiffer
Bisimoto sent you J32A4 cams instead of J32A3 cams for your 04 TL 6MT?

and the 07-08 A4 cams are longer than the 04-06 A3 cams?
This is Andy aka "gerzand" who'm "Wolks War" mentioned in his first post as having helped him diagnose the issue. I have run Bisi cams on two 3rd Gen TL's so far in my own garage.

I believe that there is a little bit of confusion here as to camshaft parts sent and how they relate to the CORRECT engine model codes for years of the Acura TL.

The 2004 -2006 as well as 07-08 base model (non Type-S) Acura TL use the same engine, a J32A3

If Wolks War told Bisimoto that his engine was a J32A4 (as found in select models of the 1998-2003 Acura CL and 1998 - 2003 2nd gen Acura TL) then this is why he received the wrong cams.

Now I cant speak for Bisimoto why they wouldnt question a mismatched engine to vehicle model/year but thats up to them.

It is known that the following engine codes:

J30A1
J30A2
J32A1
J32A2
J32A4
J35A1
J35A4

use a slightly different length camshaft that cannot be used in 3rd gen TL motors (including 2007-2008 J35A8 Type-S), though 3rd gen J32A3 as well as J35A8 07-08 TL-S cams can be placed in the motor list mentioned with the use of a spacer to enlongate the exposed end of the camshaft at the pulley if anyone ever wants to do so...

Hope this helps with clarification.

Andy

Last edited by gerzand; 07-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Drifting

Received 852 Likes on 605 Posts
^ That probably explains the whole mess up.

gerzand (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Safety Car

I also think that it doesn't help that your in Canada. Shipping can get held up at customs.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Advanced

[quote=Wolks War;13884962][quote=Bisimoto;13884865]Wolks,
When you say that you sent cams as per the info I sent you, I look in the email an I've wrote ''that I have a J32A from an Acura TL 04 witch is, as far as I know, automatically a J32A3. Maybe I'm wrong. So that's why I don't see why I sould pay for restocking.

Corrected, missed spell, haven't read back before submiting.

Now canada post doesn't know where my cams are between Quebec city and Montreal, they have been out if customs on July 3.

I'll post pictures once received ans installed!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Advanced

more bad news

I know what I'm gonna say doesn't have anything to do with Bisimoto I want to be clear, it's with USPS now!!!!!!

I just received the package, and believe me or not but 1 cam is missing, the box is wrapped with transparent tape.
Inside, the 2 cardboard tubes where the cams were in, but one is empty .

Since it's an international shippement USPS says it has to be claimed by the shipper. I spoke with Julio who is supposed to call them tomorrow!!!

The insurance value is 722, I only hope it will cover the new cam+machining 'cause now I have one level 2 cam in hand. Cannot go back to stock OEM without buying 2 now

That is another reason why I wanted to keep my OEM cams and buy another set!!!!!

Now, it seems like I won't have the chance to drive her before winter comes back
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

Received 171 Likes on 64 Posts
wow! all i gotta say is this is brutal and i feel really bad for you. i swear nothing else can go wrong for you.... knock on wood
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Ouch. This is a shitty situation for you
Old 07-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Safety Car

Sooo title should be changed to USPS never again.
JCharged (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
WOW!!!!Sorry wolk
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

I know what I'm gonna say doesn't have anything to do with Bisimoto I want to be clear, it's with USPS now!!!!!!

I just received the package, and believe me or not but 1 cam is missing, the box is wrapped with transparent tape.
Inside, the 2 cardboard tubes where the cams were in, but one is empty .

Since it's an international shippement USPS says it has to be claimed by the shipper. I spoke with Julio who is supposed to call them tomorrow!!!

The insurance value is 722, I only hope it will cover the new cam+machining 'cause now I have one level 2 cam in hand. Cannot go back to stock OEM without buying 2 now

That is another reason why I wanted to keep my OEM cams and buy another set!!!!!

Now, it seems like I won't have the chance to drive her before winter comes back

I was so sad to hear this when you gave us a call about your lost camshaft. Bisimoto is once again trying to help you as best as we can even though the fault has fallen on USPS.

Janet will be getting in touch with you very shortly with word from our manufacture to see what we can aid you with at this time to get your project going; if you need anything else do not hesitate to call or write.