Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Dealer Service in Toronto (GTA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
sjo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, the reality is that there aren't much "good" service based Acuras around Toronto. I personally go to Acura of Markham. They have decent to good service, depending on which service manager you are dealing with. I have also heard that Acura of North Terrace is horrible. Never really heard of someone complaining about Acura of Sherway...so maybe give it a try? Good luck!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Acura of North Toronto

only has EL/CSX loaners which kinda sucks

and ill be going in for the 3rd time for paint issues - upon delivery the pait was screwed up, looks like the bumper was put on before the paint dried - look it in once, they didnt forgot to fix it, 2nd time they used some shitty touchup paint and 2 days later it started cracking so im gonna make them repaint it this time.

also when i took delivery there was a dent in the middle of the trunk - they took care of that though
Old 07-02-2006, 09:06 AM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

So far from what I've experienced and read it seems as though Acura East and Acura in Markham are both good. The only problem with Acura in Markham is if you have to deal with the service manager you might be in for a battle. I have to say though, Acura East was very good when I went in.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
10th Gear

I've been using Acura on Brant in Burlington for the last few years with my old 2002 TL. Now that I have a sparkling, new 2006 TL, I trust them completely with all of my service needs. Good, experienced personnel at the front desk, loaner cars or shuttle as needed, etc. Always a car wash no matter what the service. No complaints whatsoever.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pvansh
Just curious where others have experienced good service in the Toronto area. I purchased my car from Acura in Markham and the sales staff was good, but the service has been fairly average. Nothing to get excited about. Just wondering if anyone has particularly good or bad experiences at any of the dealers in the GTA? Any opinions on Acura of North Toronto?

Thanks.

Hey there, thought I'd also weigh in on this discussion. I too bought my TL (WDP) from Markham way back in 2004. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would probably rate them a 7. Their service is fair but nothing spectacular. I'm particularlly disappointed with the loaners they offer. Back in 2004 about 3 weeks after I received my car, I noticed some paint flaking off from the area between the front fender and the bumper, so I promptly brought it back. Originally, they didn't want to do anything, but eventually I got them to repaint and refinish the front bumper. As the job took about 3 days, they gave me a loaner, which unfortunately was a tired and dirty old EL.

My second loaner experience was even worse, for some reason they don't provide Acura loaners anymore. I got a Toyota Corolla with manual windows and a barely functional A/C about 2 months ago when I had to get the B service done, plus do some balancing. That was a shocker as I would have expected at least an Acura loaner. The problem is they have some type of agreement with this tiny rental company. You'll see about 3-4 Corollas parked out front of the dealer every time you visit.

From what I can tell, the service between Acura dealerships varies quite a bit. In the GTA, however, I think they're all about the same, with Markham being no worse or better than the rest. However, I like the fact they have new and clean facilities (I think they've only been at the current location for less than 5 years) . The trouble is Acura does not seem particularly interested at enforcing a common set of standards. This is something Toyota has done especially well across their Lexus dealerships. I don't think you'll ever see someone who has an IS get a Honda Civic as a loaner!

This is my biggest peave. I mean we all paid for a 40K+ car, yet the after sales service is no better than what you'd get for a 20K car. My
Old 07-04-2006, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nomad346
Hey there, thought I'd also weigh in on this discussion. I too bought my TL (WDP) from Markham way back in 2004. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would probably rate them a 7. Their service is fair but nothing spectacular. I'm particularlly disappointed with the loaners they offer. Back in 2004 about 3 weeks after I received my car, I noticed some paint flaking off from the area between the front fender and the bumper, so I promptly brought it back. Originally, they didn't want to do anything, but eventually I got them to repaint and refinish the front bumper. As the job took about 3 days, they gave me a loaner, which unfortunately was a tired and dirty old EL.

My second loaner experience was even worse, for some reason they don't provide Acura loaners anymore. I got a Toyota Corolla with manual windows and a barely functional A/C about 2 months ago when I had to get the B service done, plus do some balancing. That was a shocker as I would have expected at least an Acura loaner. The problem is they have some type of agreement with this tiny rental company. You'll see about 3-4 Corollas parked out front of the dealer every time you visit.

From what I can tell, the service between Acura dealerships varies quite a bit. In the GTA, however, I think they're all about the same, with Markham being no worse or better than the rest. However, I like the fact they have new and clean facilities (I think they've only been at the current location for less than 5 years) . The trouble is Acura does not seem particularly interested at enforcing a common set of standards. This is something Toyota has done especially well across their Lexus dealerships. I don't think you'll ever see someone who has an IS get a Honda Civic as a loaner!

This is my biggest peave. I mean we all paid for a 40K+ car, yet the after sales service is no better than what you'd get for a 20K car. My
I agree that Acura needs to enforce some sort of standard across all the dealers. I do find however that there are worse dealers then Acura in Markham. Particularly Acura of North Toronto. They were really bad when I went in.

I noticed your profile shows you live in Pickering. Have you tried Acura East? They always have Acura loaners (however they have Acura East stickers on them) and they were very easy to deal with and not very busy/crowded.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

I am tired of being treated like I don't know what I'm talking about at Woodbine.

My next service I will try Sterne Acura in Aurora, as my Father has been using them for a couple of years and he feels pretty good about them.

Anybody have feedback on Sterne?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nomad346

I bought my car at Acura in Markham and had my first two oil changes (service) done at that location. I also took it in for a sun roof rattle twice (it was rattling on my way home from the first service).

I just want to warn anyone that gets one of those rental Corollas... I had one for a little under 24 hours, and the rental company charged me $15 for gas, the worst thing is I filled up a bit of gas to make up for what I used (no more than 80km).

They also have S40 rentals, a bit better than a Corolla, but no TL.

I think I may try another acura dealer for my next service.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Advanced

I go to Acura Sherway. Good service, friendly people. I wish I could say the same for Woodbine Acura.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Well..... I'm now offically done with Acura Woodbine service - probl'y done with their sales to because of this. Took the car in today and had a few warranty items - mostly trim - for them to look at. I got there for my 8 am appointment and no one even talked to me - nor could I find anyone to talk to - until 8:25 am. The SA went over the car with me and in regard to one item said "I don't see anything wrong here but I'll have them take a quick look at it". I said that I needed it looked at and he said they'd look at it "if they had time". That's when I had to tell dood that this is warranty item, I'm not happy with it and I want them to whole heartidly look at it in detail as if I have to come back on it I'm not going to be a happy camper .

Picked up the car and they indicated "no fault found" on the work order. Guess what I had act up on the way home from the dealer . Between the crappy service and the attitude I'm never goin' back ...... Acura Sherway here I come!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Sherway is a bit too far away for me...

Those of you who go to Acura East (Ajax), how good are they with warranty issues? I called about going for service while the mid still displays 30% oil life and they said it'll most likely just be an oil change for the next service, but also asked me if I had any other issues with the car I'd like them to look at while its in.

That either means the TL has a lot of warranty issues or they're being pro-active which is a good sign...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Just spoke to a friend who's been servicing all his Acuras at Acura East. He says their service is pretty good... I guess I'll have to give them a shot next time...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by TRK9
Just spoke to a friend who's been servicing all his Acuras at Acura East. He says their service is pretty good... I guess I'll have to give them a shot next time...
I used Acura East for my last service. So far they are the best dealer I've used (out of Acura in Markham, Acura of North Toronto and Acura East).

They were friendly, helpful and they took my issues seriously. I will definately go back there until they give me a reason not to.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Advanced

Guys, don't go to Erin Mills Acura. from my experience, they do'nt like to take warrentie issues seriosuely and often reply your concerns with " that's not possible" or " are you sure, you just have to get use to the new design". Had my car in a couple times for rattles and get my car back with 1/4 tank of gas gone (and they had to guts to ask if i filled up their loaner) i'm goina to try Sherway next time.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear

down town ACURA sucks