Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Dealer Service in Toronto (GTA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:28 PM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Dealer Service in Toronto (GTA)

Just curious where others have experienced good service in the Toronto area. I purchased my car from Acura in Markham and the sales staff was good, but the service has been fairly average. Nothing to get excited about. Just wondering if anyone has particularly good or bad experiences at any of the dealers in the GTA? Any opinions on Acura of North Toronto?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Instructor

I am also interested in this as I am about to take the plung on a '06 TL [most likely with navi ]. I was thinking of buying / servicing at Acura Sherway as it is failry close to where I live. Also, not to hijack this thread but along with your service impressions how did ya feel about your buying experience at the dealer you bought from?
Old 01-23-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Boardman
I am also interested in this as I am about to take the plung on a '06 TL [most likely with navi ]. I was thinking of buying / servicing at Acura Sherway as it is failry close to where I live. Also, not to hijack this thread but along with your service impressions how did ya feel about your buying experience at the dealer you bought from?
No problem. Welcome to the forum! I was pretty happy with my buying experience. The staff was pretty helpful and my salesperson was easy to deal with. Overall I'm happy with the dealer, however I had a few issues with the car since I bought it and the service manager was that interested in going above and beyond. He seemed to find the easy way out instead of actually fixing the problem. That's why I posed this question. Acura of North Toronto is closest to me, but haven't been there for service yet, so wanted to get an idea of what others think.

Any other questions before you take the plunge?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Instructor

This is the first non GM car I have EVER bought . I'm struggling with the pricing structure of Acura vs GM. Did ya find much difference in "deal" pricing between dealers? I'm going to push for a 5AT navi for $1,000 over cost plus $1,450 PDI. I *might* also be buying 2 TL's at the same time [trying to talk my folks into one ] so this might fly. BTW - someone I used to work with had a service experience similar to the one you describe @ Acura 2000 .
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
sjo
Racer

Hello, I'm also a fellow GTA TL-er. I bought my car @ acura of markham and has serviced it there (Service A and B fully covered). Overall, they are great people. The only complaint I have is towards the service manager. I have a tiny hole in the weather stripping of the driver's side that is obviously a factory defect, so I talk to the service manager about replacing it. He walks me around the bush and gives me all these excuses. As of now, I plan on filing a report on him for the slight negative attitude he gave me, possibly because of my age. I am not the only one who feels this way towards this service manager, several others whom I have met at TL meets also back me up on it. After reading your post, maybe i SHOULD possibly try North Acura, since it IS closer to where I live. If you want to chat more about it, PM me, we'll exchange MSN/email or something.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Desi TL Limo

was just at Erin Mills Acura today, they seem friendly but don't know if I trust them yet or feel they are forthcoming. My Car is at 64000 now so a lot of accessories are no longer covered Should have had then address some service bulletins and also a rattle I have on the right side of the car.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by satisfcuktion
Hello, I'm also a fellow GTA TL-er. I bought my car @ acura of markham and has serviced it there (Service A and B fully covered). Overall, they are great people. The only complaint I have is towards the service manager. I have a tiny hole in the weather stripping of the driver's side that is obviously a factory defect, so I talk to the service manager about replacing it. He walks me around the bush and gives me all these excuses. As of now, I plan on filing a report on him for the slight negative attitude he gave me, possibly because of my age. I am not the only one who feels this way towards this service manager, several others whom I have met at TL meets also back me up on it. After reading your post, maybe i SHOULD possibly try North Acura, since it IS closer to where I live. If you want to chat more about it, PM me, we'll exchange MSN/email or something.
That's basically what I noticed from the manager too. He basically wants to find a way out of doing extra work or something. He was fairly nice to me, but he just didnt seem to want to make the effort. It was always like, yeah this is how it is or whatever. I took my car in once so far for a couple of rattles and sub noise at Acura in Markham. They replaced the sub but couldnt find the rattles. I'm debating whether to go back to them or try our Acura of North Toronto.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Instructor

I have been using Acura North for about 18 months, initially with my 2gen TL and one warranty item with my new '06 TL. I have found them very friendly and service seems to be good. They do not discount the set Acura service rates. Although I have had many visits I do not have any experience with their loaner policy or available cars.

I had previously used Acura East in Ajax and usually got a small discount on parts. Their service was also excellent.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Talking How far is too far to travel for Service.

Greetings From Oakville all you fellow GTAer's

We have had our '04 TL for just over a year and a half now and have

had Excellent service from ACURA on Brant Street in Burlington. Now I know that

may be too far for you to travel, but thought I would pitch in my worth

into this discussion. We purchased our TL from HONDA of OAKVILLE because we

had terrific salesman there who looked after our first Honda product purchase.

We have always had a very good Service experience at Acura on Brant, from

doing the work on time, to providing loaner cars when required. The only thing

we do not let them do, (acutally anyone other than me) is wash the car. Too

many spiderwebs on the finish afterwards. They even have credited us with a free

polish out of the swirls from their detail shop after I complained about swirl marks

their wash staff were leaving in the finish.

Cheers guys, and good luck in your service search.

TL42 - Gord
Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Instructor

I bought my car at Acura in Markham, I just went in for a test drive and walked out with a sales agreement. I did intend to buy a TL, just not the day I walked in for a test drive.

To be fair, I'd already priced it out and got it for less than the lowest price I found elsewhere, so I bought the car there. After wasting an hour of back and forth negotiating with the sales person, I dealt with the sales manager directly. He was pretty easy going and told me the lowest price he could offer, which was fair (unlike most dealers). As of this month he no longer works there and I can't comment on the new sales manager, since I've never had any dealings with him.

Service seems ok, and parts is a nightmare to deal with. The last time the scheduled my tire install, they didn't even have the tires and I took a day off to get them installed. When I told the former sales manager, he worked something out for me and got me alternate wheels at about 20% less than advertised (and they were already a special bundle price).

My cousin bought his MDX from Acura North and says their service sucks, so he takes his car to Acura in Markham. I just wish their service was as good as my Honda dealer's service.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Advanced

I purchased my TL from Acura North and they seemed OK to deal with. Took the car in for its first oil change and I asked how long it would take. They said 45 minutes and I could wait. Now when the change oil info came up I was up at the cottage and ran out of windshield washer fluid, so I threw some water in to get me by. The day I took the car in I emptied the windshield washer compartment by continually spraying until none was left assuming these chaps would refill it during service. I take the car in and the guy asks how the car is and I tell him a few small minor adjustments that could be made. He tells me the car will be an hour and ahalf. I told him they said 45 minutes and he responded that to fix the minor annoyances would take longer, so I said forget it and just do the service. He also said my tires needed rotating (8500 km). An hour later they finish and ask if I would like it washed, sure I said. Another 20 minutes go by. Finally it ready and I hop in and drive off. To my amazement I see the windshield washer light on. I get back to my office and phone the dealer and ask them why they wouldn't refill the windshield washer fluid. First she says it is not included in the service and then quickly says that it was. So I asked why it was not checked and refilled knowing that she had no answer. I then asked her if she thought that they may have forgotten to refill the engine with oil / rotate the tires / check the piower steering fluid etc....

She told me I could drive over and they would fill up the windshield washer fluid. Sure , I'm going to drive 20 minutes for 2 bucks of fluid.

The point of my story is this. The reputation of that dealership for service in my eyes is now tainted and no different then going to jiffy lube to be treated by incompetant employees who really don't like doing their jobs. I not sure I will be visiting Acura North for any more service. I know it was just windshield washer fluid, but these dealerships always try to make the customer feel as though to go elsewhere for service is not good and that they know and take care of you. I don't believe them now, Hell I doubt they rotated the tires or even checked anything else in the car.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
sjo
Racer

I cannot agree more. At Acura of Markham, the old sales manager was great. As of now, I know at least 4 people who has a lot to say about the current service manager...so how about this... we'll gather a few more people and make a big complaint to the big boys
Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

I got my 05 TL NAVI from Erin Mills Acura and no problems so far. The Service Manager (Ron) is straight up and business like. I dont get the run around and I've never had issue for complaint. I've taken the car in several times for rattles, engine issues but no issues with service. Joe Peschitelli sold the car to me and he is a good guy.

As a comparison, I got a G35 from Woodchester Infiniti and calling in for an oil change is difficult as it gets. I managed to get a loaner once and I'm not fussy but it was probably the dirtiest car I've ever had the misfortune to sit in....
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Desi TL Limo

Originally Posted by iksenna
I got my 05 TL NAVI from Erin Mills Acura and no problems so far. The Service Manager (Ron) is straight up and business like. I dont get the run around and I've never had issue for complaint. I've taken the car in several times for rattles, engine issues but no issues with service. Joe Peschitelli sold the car to me and he is a good guy.

As a comparison, I got a G35 from Woodchester Infiniti and calling in for an oil change is difficult as it gets. I managed to get a loaner once and I'm not fussy but it was probably the dirtiest car I've ever had the misfortune to sit in....

Joe have slicked back whitish hair? Ron seems like a great guy, very informal but thorough and jovial at the same time. Don't know if I trust them entirely yet. Seemed to have a bit of attitude when I told him about a service bulletin that I wanted addressed.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Acura 2000 In Brampton

Hey fella's im also a GTA TL'er. I bought my car from Acura 2000 in Brampton. I must say they were good with there services. Also i got a really good pirce for my car. Just curious, if u guys see a fellow 3rd Gen TL do u guys honk or make contact with the other TL'er? Some guy gave me the lights and he was in the oppsoite direction and we were at the lights waiting for green.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Desi TL Limo

Originally Posted by nitehawk23
Hey fella's im also a GTA TL'er. I bought my car from Acura 2000 in Brampton. I must say they were good with there services. Also i got a really good pirce for my car. Just curious, if u guys see a fellow 3rd Gen TL do u guys honk or make contact with the other TL'er? Some guy gave me the lights and he was in the oppsoite direction and we were at the lights waiting for green.
I used to do that when I had the Type R, since that was a more rare site then a TL. Tops of 3rd gen ones in 'Sauga, and mostly driven by older people and the rest are women.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

Acura of North Toronto is very good. Give them a try you will be happy with them. They've always given my father great service no questions asked. Nitehawk if you are around Richmond Hill that could have been me, SSM 04 TL. I will always honk, flash, or throw up the peace Acura sign (peace, then peace upside down ahah) if my hands out the window. Its good to see a fellow TLer because often times my attempts go to waste on old men or women who have no clue why I am signalling them. PS. Someone should host a 3G TL Meet in the GTA sometime! I'm sure the turnout would be pretty good!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:55 AM

Well I took my car in to Acura of North Toronto for some problems (rattles, leather looks worn, vibrations) last week. I have to say, after only going to Acura in Markham and Acura of North Toronto, Markham is light years ahead. The staff at North Toronto is lukewarm at best. My service advisor looked like she was being held at gun point, and they found a way to get out of fixing anything. I will definately not be going back there!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Advanced

Maybe someone should send this thread to Acura North so a certain service manager can have a swift kick to his butt to smarten up!!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Well ......... we'll see how Woodbine Acura does. Bought my TL there tonight and they included the first 2 services for free lol! In all fairness they did tell me that it is Acura Canada that picks up the bills for the first two services and NOT the dealers. Honesty from the start......... this sounds promising. I'll tell ya how it goes.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 AM

A bit off topic, but still along the same lines. I have wrinkles on my leather for the front seats as well as some vibrations. I'm trying to get a TSB applied for the vibration and get the front seats replaced but so far have had no luck. Has anyone had one or both of these done anywhere in the GTA? I'm just guessing it would be easier to deal with a dealer who has already done this for someone else.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

i have tried to get the TSB applied for the vibration at markham acura, but they told me it could not be done since the TSB only applies in the states........
btw.. i bought my tl at acura east, but have done 2 of my 3 services at markham acura, only becuz it is closer
Old 02-17-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by BlueStar
i have tried to get the TSB applied for the vibration at markham acura, but they told me it could not be done since the TSB only applies in the states........
btw.. i bought my tl at acura east, but have done 2 of my 3 services at markham acura, only becuz it is closer
I tried at Markham Acura too. The manager told me that apparently my car already has it (without even looking at my car). Have you tried Acura East? I was thinking about trying them next.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pvansh
I tried at Markham Acura too. The manager told me that apparently my car already has it (without even looking at my car). Have you tried Acura East? I was thinking about trying them next.
no... i haven't tried acura east yet for the TSB.... if you do... let us know how it goes
Old 02-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Slow traffic...move right

buying advice in the GTA

Hey guys, I read that some of you have bought or maintained your TLs in the GTA. I was just wondering if it is worth it to make the 4 hour trip to T.O from the national capital region because of the bigger selection of Acura dealers.

If so, which dealer in GTA gives the best prices on 06 TL w/navi? before tax or OTD price would be great. As well, what kind of prices did some of you fellas pay for your TLs????

thx guys.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by satisfcuktion
I cannot agree more. At Acura of Markham, the old sales manager was great. As of now, I know at least 4 people who has a lot to say about the current service manager...so how about this... we'll gather a few more people and make a big complaint to the big boys

Hey..let's do that...they scrached my car on my first visit for service!! i got my car bumper fixed but the a dent at door handle never fixed!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 AM
6th Gear

Sterne Acura in Aurora were pretty decent people to deal with...
Old 02-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Instructor

FWIW, I'm impressed by Acura Woodbine so far although I haven't been there for service yet. My purchase and delivery experience was EXTREMLY good. I haven't gone through the retail car purchase experinece in about 15 years but these guys were really good. No pressure, did what they said they would when they said they would and the car was ready on time and perfect. The sales guy who delivered the car spent 2 1/2 hours with the G/F and I going over the car and it's features AND this was on a Saturday - their busiest sales day. Let's see how they make out on service now .......
Old 02-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
bought my 06 at Acura North Toronto - been to service twice, seems okay - they dont give out food in the lounge though :P
Old 02-27-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boardman
FWIW, I'm impressed by Acura Woodbine so far although I haven't been there for service yet. My purchase and delivery experience was EXTREMLY good. I haven't gone through the retail car purchase experinece in about 15 years but these guys were really good. No pressure, did what they said they would when they said they would and the car was ready on time and perfect. The sales guy who delivered the car spent 2 1/2 hours with the G/F and I going over the car and it's features AND this was on a Saturday - their busiest sales day. Let's see how they make out on service now .......

Thanks for the info Boardman. My parents live in Ajax so I think I'll try Acura East next, if I'm not happy with them, I'll try Woodbine since its not too far from me. I would appreciate it if you post again when you go in for service. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by JustinZ
bought my 06 at Acura North Toronto - been to service twice, seems okay - they dont give out food in the lounge though :P
I didn't mind North Toronto's sales people but service was a different story. I went in for a few warranty issues (vibration, leather, rattles) and out of about 6 things not 1 was fixed. They had an excuse for every single item. Most of the time they claimed they couldnt replicate it. On top of that, the service advisor was nowhere near helpful/nice. Was not impressed at all. Even though it is by far the closest dealer to me, I don't think I will be going back to them. Acura in Markham is MUCH better service wise and I'm sure there are others.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Advanced

I went to Acura in Markham last Thursday for a wired noise only happens in the morning. For this problem, I went there 3 times already and everytime when I was there, they cant replicate the problem. One day when the noise starts, i used my cellphone to record a video clip. Last Thursday, I did make appointment and say I need a loaner car for this service. When i get there, i was told that they dont have the loaner car and they cant replicate the problem again..I was like what the ****..and was mad at the service manager's ignorance..

The service manager told me I should go to North Toronto Acura because i did my 2 free service there. As I told him I will also do an A1 service this time, his attitude changed a bit. However, until I real mad at them and almost yell at the service counter, the manager never paid attention to me. I told him the problem happens in cold days, mostly in the morning..and showed him the video..i dont think a lot of acura owner can do that for them to diagonise the problem.

I called acura customer relation but seems these guys there are helpless and only waste of time.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by qqyy
I went to Acura in Markham last Thursday for a wired noise only happens in the morning. For this problem, I went there 3 times already and everytime when I was there, they cant replicate the problem. One day when the noise starts, i used my cellphone to record a video clip. Last Thursday, I did make appointment and say I need a loaner car for this service. When i get there, i was told that they dont have the loaner car and they cant replicate the problem again..I was like what the ****..and was mad at the service manager's ignorance..

The service manager told me I should go to North Toronto Acura because i did my 2 free service there. As I told him I will also do an A1 service this time, his attitude changed a bit. However, until I real mad at them and almost yell at the service counter, the manager never paid attention to me. I told him the problem happens in cold days, mostly in the morning..and showed him the video..i dont think a lot of acura owner can do that for them to diagonise the problem.

I called acura customer relation but seems these guys there are helpless and only waste of time.
I'm not a big fan of the service manager either, however he did take the time to test drive my car with me and to let me take out another car to compare if it had the same problem.

Acura in Markham is bad, but not as good as I had hoped. I'm hoping Acura East or Acura Woodbine is better.

BTW, what noise/problem were you having?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Advanced

The noise comes from the fan...they applied some oil to the fan after my complain...they said it is because the fan was too dry
Old 03-01-2006, 12:40 AM
10th Gear

Hey guys or gals! I puchased my 05 TL from Acura in Markham and the salesperson there was great. He got me a good deal. I've only taken my TL in for the first service(B-maintenance) and this is what happened:
1) I just had new winter tires installed and only racked up 2500km on those snow tires...I told the service guy NOT to rotate my tires. Needless to say, after the maintenance, my tires were rotated.
2) My odometer read 7259km when I brought it in...after service it was 7263km -> where the hell did they take it to?? I know it's only 4km, but last time I checked, an oil change doesn't require a joy ride
3) Windshield washer fluid wasn't topped up(not that I care, but I read someone else's post about the same issue). I use RainX anyways....so mixing in the blue stuff would be bad
But they did listen on a few things...
- I told them NOT to wash my car and they didn't
- told them about rattling noises from the subwoofer and the glove compartment -> The guy said he made a note in the computer and would fix it on my A-maintenance
- When they rotated my tires, he said the mechanic lubed up my brakes or something along those lines.
I guess I'll go back to them for my next service and see how that goes.
BTW, I'd be interested in a GTA TL meet up too!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Advanced

as for that 4km..they might test drive to see if any rattles there..but who know
Old 06-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs down

I took my Car to Acura Woodbine for A1 & 2 service today and some warranty work. When I got there the service advisor was busy so I went to talk to service manager and he said I would have to wait ( he was doing nothing). I noticed that it was a different sevice manager since the last time I was there. When the Service advisor came to talk to me I mentioned the rear seatbelt was sticking, he tried to duplicate this and couldn't, therefore insinuated that I must be lying.

I think I will have to look for another dealer as Acura woodbine service has taken a big step down hill.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:13 PM

I've taken my car to Acura in Markham, Acura of North Toronto and Acura East. So far Acura East is the best. Acura in Markham isnt bad, but I'm not a huge fan of the service manager.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Instructor

Well...... took my car into Actrua Woodbine for service last Tuesday. I must say ... I am NOT impressed. This is my first time EVER having Acura service done and I guess I was expecting too much - although - I was comparing it to GM service so .......

I made an appointment to go for my A1 service. I arrived on time and the SA wrote up the work order. He then wanted me to initial that if they scratched my car while watching it they were not responsible. I said I was NOT going to sign such a release. He said it was a "technicality" and that in all their time of washing cars they have NEVER scratched one. He said they take care in washing all customer vechicles. In a sheer fit of stupidity on my part I caved and initialed the release.

Well .... it took a hour and fifty minutes to complete my service and apparently there was no one in front of me AND I had an appointment! One thing I can say for GM is every time I went to them for a similar service appointment I was in and out within an hour and ususally within 45 minutes unless they were crazy busy

So as I come out into the service area to see wtf is taking so long I see dood washing my car. He has just finished using a car wash brush and is drying it with some cheap generic water blade . Too late to stop him. So when I get my car back the wash and dry job is a total joke - a touchless car wash could have done a better job.

So this morning I go out to wash and detail the car and notice 2 things. First, there is a nice scratch on the "A" pillar that was NOT there when I detailed it last Sunday. This is DEFINATELY from washing / drying as it is not in an area where it would normally be scratched AND it is perfectly straight as if something got stuck under the water blade during drying.

Also, the A1 service is suppose to include tire rotation right? Well, not this time. Thanks to the G/F both rims on the passanger sided are now curbed - the front one much worse than the back. I haven't done anything about them yet as I'll get them fixed when the snow and winter rims go on in the fall. Anyway. I noticed today that the rims are in the EXACT same place as before, Unless they unmounted my tires and remounted them [and rebalanced the rim] they did NOT rotate my tires.

Overall you could say I am NOT impressed with this service. I am going back to the dealership on Tuesday and see what they have to say. I know I am out of luck on the scratch but they REALLY are going to have to explain the tire rotation thing to me.

I will give them one other chance on service as my second service there if free as well. They will NEVER wash my car again - I won't sign ANY waiver and they won't wash it - simple. I TRULY hope this service experience is NOT representative of a typcial Acura service experience or to spite making a great car this will be my first and last Acrua ever. Stay tuned.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Instructor

Sorry - meant to include this above but kinda snapped and left it out lol. Anybody have any experience with service @ Acura Sherway? They are fairly close to me and are a viable service option vs Woodbine. TIA .

Quick Reply: Best Dealer Service in Toronto (GTA)