3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 04 Tl Price In The Los Angeles Area!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best 04 Tl Price In The Los Angeles Area!

If you've bought 04 TL in the greater Los Angeles area please list dealer location, salesman, price and specs of the TL. (financing information would be valuable as well.

THank you!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Sierra Acura of Alhambra.
Begining of December.
$1000 off MSRP + free protection package.
Navi Model.
I financed through Capital One (http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com)
Old 01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

I was at my dealer today getting the oil changed, and I talke to a couple of the salesmen. They can't get navi models, and its hard to even get standard TLs right now. Huge demand and very limited supply. I got $1200 offf msrp on my navi model, but these days I don't know how that could happen, but I guess it depends on the market your in, and what the dealer has in stock at any given moment.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Cruisin'

bump!
i want to know this too...im getting one within 2-3months !
Old 01-15-2004, 07:41 PM
8th Gear

got mine at Santa Monica- 31 even non-nav. with the wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards- andthey even delivered it to my house after prepping. Easiest, least sleaziest and most pleasant experience I've had in recent years. Talk to JC Collis the sales manager or Jerry the internet manager.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Santa Monica Acura is good for no hassle. Maybe not the best prices on the block but they won't pull the bait & switch on ya. John Collins the manager there is an upright guy. He sold me my 2003 CL type S with Navi.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:29 PM
What's a TL?

I went to Keyes in the San Fernando Valley...second Acura I have gotten there. They are the highest volume Acura Dealer in the U.S. so they have a lot of selection and bargaining power. The sales manager is Dan Carlton and he is acutally a poster on this site. His name here is HondaCR51. Get a hold of him that way or via a phone call or e-mail and tell him that I referred you (he will know me as one of the Starbucks kids)...he has sold a number of my friends cars and we have all walked away satisfied
Old 01-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Another dealer to try

As I have posted in earlier threads, I was very pleased with my deal at South Bay (Power) Acura in Torrance. Ask for Brian Alegando and tell him Bruce sent you. PM or e-mail me for details. I promised not to post the actual prices I paid for the car and accessories. I had contacted every dealer South of Sacramento and they were the best. Had to place a deposit but got everything I wanted and they kept their word, no gimicks or games.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Racer

We bought our TSX at Sierrea Acura - they were REALLY straight with us and showed us how the dealer in Van Nuys was screwing us by juggling the interest rate while seemingly giving a good price. See William at Sierra

I bought my TL from Acura 101 in Calabasas. They accepted my low offer with NO negotiating! They have a large infventory, and Al Herbst was very patient with us. It is worth checking them both out.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Instructor

putting this straight

automophile
at least give all the facts when you tell a story..

The real truth is he took Our number..(which he admits was good)went to another dealer got a better interest rate and then decided to bash us.. It is easy to beat a deal by another dealer (like the other dealer is not going to try to look and smell like roses) once they know what the other guy quotes..I find it funny..you are still trash talking. Give it a rest. you got a better deal I am glad for you.. by the way a local bank had 3.59 available for a few weeks last month.. do you now bash the dealer you bought the car from because now the rate is better..think about it. Dan Carlton Keyes Acura

Originally posted by automophile
We bought our TSX at Sierrea Acura - they were REALLY straight with us and showed us how the dealer in Van Nuys was screwing us by juggling the interest rate while seemingly giving a good price. See William at Sierra

I bought my TL from Acura 101 in Calabasas. They accepted my low offer with NO negotiating! They have a large infventory, and Al Herbst was very patient with us. It is worth checking them both out.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

Friendly bump.

Wondering if there have been any recent purchases. Looking to buy within the next 30 days.

On a related note, I'm planning to move cross-country from NYC. Does it make sense to buy local (assuming $32,900 for TL/Auto/Nav at Turnersville Acura in NJ) then having the car shipped given the market prices in SoCal?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Instructor

hmmm interesting.. your not gonna find 32,900 on a navi around in the LA area... i think everyone has tried, so if the cost of shipping aint too much i would definitely just purchase locally then come on over to sunny 70 degrees of sun =)
Old 02-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

sales tax and registration in LA

On the face of it, it may make sense to do as EulCool has advised. However, I would advise you to investigate the costs of registering it in LA including any additional sales tax etc. Better to know what you are facing in its whole picture.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear

Looking forward to 70-degree winters =)

Thanks for reminding me about another pitfall of buying locally then shipping - having to register the car twice (once in NY then again in LA). This would amount to additional costs but could still come out to be cheaper overall. To quanitfy it, I still need to find out what the market price is nowadays.

Do dealers typically offer shipping services cross-country? If so, what's the price range?

Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, it's 60's outside right now, californians complain it's chilly while the New Yorkers are out sun tanning.

32,900 for a navi? that's amazing. I got mine 6MT with Navi for 34,300 from Cerritos Acura in LA (end of Dec) and that was already a good price at that time.

My friends have shipped cars out here before, and it's in the range of 1k to 2k. As cheap as TL's are in NJ, it may be a wash after you have shipped them out here...
Old 02-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Cruisin'

34695 for the car
2251 for underbody spoiler, wing spoiler, moonroof visor, instal.

I noticed after I got home that this should have added up to
36946. They put down 36846.

45 - documentation fee
2674.60 - sales tax
5 - tire fee
total: 39854.60

I went through Carsdirect. com because I was tired of hearing from all these dealerships that they wanted a deposit. Pasadena Acura wanted a $1500 deposit! Donald Borgmeyer was my Carsdirect guy - he was awesome! I told him what accessories I wanted on the car and he went back and forth with me and the dealer on acceptable numbers.

I picked up the car at Santa Monica Acura yesterday. As I inspected it, I opened the trunk and the trunk tray and wheel locks were inside. I thought it was pretty cool that I didn't have to ask for them, they were just there.

The price of the car was only suppose to be $265 off MSRP, but Jerry (internet manager of Santa Monica Acura) pulled up the new CarsDirect quote that morning and it ended up being $500 off.

It was the smoothest car buying process I ever went through. Don worked hard for me, Jerry was upfront about everything, no tricks. The finance guy was also easy to work with. I financed through Capital One. Julio, Jerry's assistant, spent over an hour and a half explaining and showing me how to use the features in the car. I'm still trying to get use to talking to my car!

This was a big difference from Pasadena Acura. I wanted the redondo red/ebony interior/aut/nav. At first they wanted $500 deposit then it became $1500 and they were going to use the money, not set it aside so I 'settled' for the abyss blue/quartz/aut/nav at Santa Monica - beautiful car! When I arrived to inspect it, all the accessories were already installed, car was shiny, and a full tank of gas.

BTW - CarsDirect offers the 100,000/7yr no deductible for $1050. Here's Don Borgmeyer's number: (800) 431-2500 ext. 4579
Old 02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
darkside of the abyss

Congrats on your purchase. I look forward to seeing your TL around town. I will be purchasing an ABP 6sp w/navi shortly. Did you try Acura 101 West or Keyes Acura before you purchased through Carsdirect? If so, what kind of service did you get?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:04 AM
Cruisin'

101 Acura West was the first dealership I went to. I just looked around and later left a number with them. I heard from them a couple of times, but I wasn't interested in the White or Silver TLs that they had. When I called Keyes and told them of my interest in a TL I was told they weren't expecting any until March. I left my number with the 7 closest dealerships and I heard back from all of them whenever a car came in, but they were never in a color that I wanted. I was really set on Redondo Red or Abyss Blue and for that amount of $ I refused to budge from what I wanted. Although it was hard sometimes! CarsDirect was the easiest way to go because they looked for the color I wanted and I got everything put on it that I wanted for a pretty good price, in my opinion anyway. No deposit required. I waited 3wks for it to arrive from the factory.

You'll love the car when you get it - see you around town!
Old 02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
6th Gear

I got an AT Anthracite non-Navi for $32 even in late december from Pasadena Acura.

Whatever you do, dont go to Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. They were the biggest jerks and a total hard sell type place. Non-stop pressure, every technique in the sleazy salesman's guide was used.

Pasadena was totally low key, no hassle, and much better price.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by LA TLer

Whatever you do, dont go to Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. They were the biggest jerks and a total hard sell type place. Non-stop pressure, every technique in the sleazy salesman's guide was used.

Ouch! did you deal with Dan Carlton? I have called him a couple of times and he seemed very upfront and un-sleazy. I don't get this dealer bashing sometimes because people buy from any given dealer all the time. So I feel if they are still in business then most likely any problems are isolated incidents and do not reflect on the actual character of the dealer.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
darkside of the abyss

Originally posted by sandwench
101 Acura West was the first dealership I went to. I just looked around and later left a number with them. I heard from them a couple of times, but I wasn't interested in the White or Silver TLs that they had. When I called Keyes and told them of my interest in a TL I was told they weren't expecting any until March. I left my number with the 7 closest dealerships and I heard back from all of them whenever a car came in, but they were never in a color that I wanted. I was really set on Redondo Red or Abyss Blue and for that amount of $ I refused to budge from what I wanted. Although it was hard sometimes! CarsDirect was the easiest way to go because they looked for the color I wanted and I got everything put on it that I wanted for a pretty good price, in my opinion anyway. No deposit required. I waited 3wks for it to arrive from the factory.

You'll love the car when you get it - see you around town!
Thanks Sandwench. I will continue to shop around for a good deal. I'll be ready to buy in less than a month. Again, enjoy the ride.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Instructor

from Dan at Keyes Acura

Do not worry..LA TLer is an employee at another Acura dealer..just trying to start some trouble..It is a shame they always pick on the big guy.. lol Seeing Pasadena only gets a few Tl's a month prepare to wait awhile. Dan Carlton and as stated before CALL ME directly and I am sure I will be more than upfront. You do not need to play games when selling a TL..most sell before they hit the lot anyway
Old 02-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Racer

if your looking to lease, i've got the TL w/ Navi for 750 over invoice!!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:44 PM
darkside of the abyss

Originally posted by jimthegreek
Jimthegreek, if your refering to my post I do not want to lease, I want to buy. I'll be hitting all the local dealers real soon. Maybe I'll run into you, Hondarc51, and LA Tler shortly.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:15 PM
6th Gear

I am not an employee at an Acura dealership. I just hated the service I got at Keyes. The salesman there I dealt with was David Milner, who was a complete jerk. While possibly other guys at Keyes are sweethearts, there is no excuse for any dealership to employ a salesman like this one. Keyes had one shot to get my business. I ran into a complete sleeze-ball and went somewhere else.

I guess my moral is, if you go to Keyes, make sure you are dealing with someone other than David Milner.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jimthegreek
What does that do to the MF and residual? Giving a good deal on the cap cost doesn't really mean anything if the other costs are inflated to make up for it. If the other numbers are good, i would consider an Auto, w/Navi w/o vibration.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

I have one month to get the new tl. I will lease 4 years, 12 or 15000 miles, 2500 down. Can you guys pm me with lease deals.

Automatic with navi. Satin silver metallic, ebony or quartz inside.

I'm from Calabasas, CA

Thanks.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:36 AM
10th Gear

Originally posted by LA TLer
I am not an employee at an Acura dealership. I just hated the service I got at Keyes. The salesman there I dealt with was David Milner, who was a complete jerk. While possibly other guys at Keyes are sweethearts, there is no excuse for any dealership to employ a salesman like this one. Keyes had one shot to get my business. I ran into a complete sleeze-ball and went somewhere else.

I guess my moral is, if you go to Keyes, make sure you are dealing with someone other than David Milner.
Yea I didn't have a great experience at Keys Acura either, so I went to Downey Acura and dealt with Walter Medrano and I had amazing experience. He was great and they hooked me up with a great deal! Check them out before you buy!