BAD WEEKEND!!! Hit and Run on my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004 | 09:05 AM
10th Gear

BAD WEEKEND!!! Hit and Run on my baby!

This has been a bad weekend; Sunday afternoon I came outside from getting something to eat and my wife noticed that someone had backed into my car (2004 NHB w/ navi) on the passenger side quarter panel and caved it in!! I thought i was going to be sick... There were no other cars around (b/c I park on the end in the back).

So I called SC Highway Patrol and they wrote me a private property accident report to turn in on insurance. He was like WOW someone hit you good... I was like you noticed huh?? You know you can't have anything nice now days!!! I think I am going to get me an old beater whenever I have to park some where and when ever we are just riding and not parking to get out we can drive my TL.

I need to post some pictures and I do not know how to post them. Let me know how or someone I could email them to post them
Old 12-13-2004 | 09:07 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get it back to new in no time. G'luck.
Old 12-13-2004 | 09:19 AM
Banned

Why do people do stupid things like that. And then to have no guilt and step up is beyond me. Very sorry to hear about, hope things are all fixed soon
Old 12-13-2004 | 11:00 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 04TL247
This has been a bad weekend; Sunday afternoon I came outside from getting something to eat and my wife noticed that someone had backed into my car (2004 NHB w/ navi) on the passenger side quarter panel and caved it in!! I thought i was going to be sick... There were no other cars around (b/c I park on the end in the back).

So I called SC Highway Patrol and they wrote me a private property accident report to turn in on insurance. He was like WOW someone hit you good... I was like you noticed huh?? You know you can't have anything nice now days!!! I think I am going to get me an old beater whenever I have to park some where and when ever we are just riding and not parking to get out we can drive my TL.

I need to post some pictures and I do not know how to post them. Let me know how or someone I could email them to post them

Ok here are the pics:
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 12-13-2004 | 11:17 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

That SOB, hope you get this fix soon! Someone needs to invent a parking shield to be placed around a car.

I use to know a few SOBs that have hit a parked car and then flee, flee like a bunch of underage morons with no sense of responsibility.
Old 12-13-2004 | 01:22 PM
never stops!

That's sad man! Sorry to know this. I hate these people who do not take responsibility. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 12-13-2004 | 02:01 PM
Racer

Sad. It's sad that occured to your car, but it is also sad because of the fact these kind of humans exist on earth. Makes me angry to know how dumb and slow people can be. Some people only physically evolved from monkeys, rather then having their brain evolve as well. I would love to see this person's head be pulled back and get his/her throat slashed. Whoever it is is not a person, and deserves to die like an animal.
Old 12-13-2004 | 05:42 PM
Registered Member

The only reason they're alive is because it's illegal to shoot them.. for the time being.
Old 12-13-2004 | 07:32 PM
"HMS Ruby"

Ouch! Sorry about your baby! The kind of person that would do this is the same kind of person who would throw their garbage out their car window! Someday, their bad karma will catch up with them!
Old 12-13-2004 | 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

sorry to hear that man, hope you'll get that fixed soon, i'm sadder than you do...
Old 12-14-2004 | 10:39 AM
Instructor

The person most likely is one of those drivers with either
a suspended license or no insurance covereage...

Just the kind of person you don't want to meet...

NO GUILT and most likely NO F***ING BRAINS either...

Sorry about the damage....

TL42
Old 12-14-2004 | 10:47 AM
Pro

Sorry to hear this man.......Hope it all gets fixed for you soon!
Old 12-14-2004 | 10:57 AM
Missing My CL-S

what an a$$hole, i hate to hear shit like this. my car got hit a couple weeks ago in a parking lot, but i got lucky and the parking lot attendent got his name, plates & phone #. sorry to hear.
Old 12-14-2004 | 02:05 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TL42
The person most likely is one of those drivers with either
a suspended license or no insurance covereage...

Just the kind of person you don't want to meet...

NO GUILT and most likely NO F***ING BRAINS either...

Sorry about the damage....

TL42
Most likely not. My guess is that it was an old bitty with a big a$$ caddy/buick/etc, all you can see is their hands wrapped around the steering wheel and they drive by looking between the dash and the top of the steering wheel. When they backed up and hit it they didn't even feel it. Or is was a woman that drives a big SUV and was too embarrased by the fact that she can't drive the SUV to tell someone.

It's another sad sad day for your TL!
Old 12-14-2004 | 04:32 PM
Spinnin them beats

feel really bad for u...
Old 12-14-2004 | 07:58 PM
Blue is so so

Mr. Murdock - my thoughts exactly!

I would be SO sick if this happened to me. Its kind of happened, but nothing close to the way it is on your car.

I am a firm believer in payback.

One time in a stop & shop parking lot, this really dirty "hooked up" honda accord (98/99 model) parked right next to me, I could barely get into my door. Mind you, I had parked ALLllllllllllllllll the way at the end of the parking lot, as I always do. And out of the million spots available, this loser decided to park right next to me.

That act on its own got me furious, but knowing what most likely happened, I decided to check my side door panels for dingies and scratches.

Lo and behold - I got a bb gun type dingy, chipped some paint from it as well.

I know this was not there beforehand, so I took out one of the two knives I carry in my car and did a nice job on the a-hole's front tire.

It was convenient for me because i was so far away deep into the back of the parking that no one witnessed it and I felt very good knowing he would suffer what I was suffering.

Dumb sons of bit*hes need to be taught a lesson, thats the only way they'll learn.
Old 12-14-2004 | 10:15 PM
5th Gear

Sorry to hear...I feel your pain....Just picked up my 05 TL this past Tuesday night...On Sunday I went to the mall to get a few gifts and when I came out someone had swiped the rear end of my car.. Just like most people I was parked as far away as possible. Good luck on getting it fixed

Aaron
Old 12-15-2004 | 09:06 AM
"HMS Ruby"

Originally Posted by tl_soso

I know this was not there beforehand, so I took out one of the two knives I carry in my car and did a nice job on the a-hole's front tire.

It was convenient for me because i was so far away deep into the back of the parking that no one witnessed it and I felt very good knowing he would suffer what I was suffering.

Dumb sons of bit*hes need to be taught a lesson, thats the only way they'll learn.

Sorry, but retaliation is never the answer! Unfortunately, door dings from careless people are a fact of life and as mature adults, we have to learn to deal with them.

As for teaching him a lesson, the guy probably didn't even know he gave you the ding! He'll never know why some (what did you call him?) did that to his tire!

So your TL is your most prized possesion and your 'baby'. That's fine, but keep it in perspective! As I say to my son, life isn't a video game baby!
Old 12-15-2004 | 12:08 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ResearchFreak
Sorry, but retaliation is never the answer! Unfortunately, door dings from careless people are a fact of life and as mature adults, we have to learn to deal with them.

As for teaching him a lesson, the guy probably didn't even know he gave you the ding! He'll never know why some (what did you call him?) did that to his tire!

So your TL is your most prized possesion and your 'baby'. That's fine, but keep it in perspective! As I say to my son, life isn't a video game baby!
I agree, retaliation such as slashing his tire is not the answer. A nice little trick that works pretty well is to take bee-bee and place it between the top of the stem and the cap, then screw the cap down slightly to make a "slow leak."
Old 12-15-2004 | 01:26 PM
Racer

Retaliation is the only way to go. That's why these people exist - so many people try to at like some sort of moral authority. If people retaliated, they would be dead, or would be much more carfule, knowing they will suffer if they act like mindless pig fu*kers. Slashing his tires was an excellent idea, though you shouldve slashed all 4, and then put huge gashes in his car. In my ideal world, a world with no laws, i would hide in that person's car and wait for them, then when he/she comes in, i would grab their arms and cut off their hands, so i can make sure they will never be able to ding anyone again, since they no longer hand hands to open doors.

On the side note - Old people should not be allowed to drive. They should make people take the driving exam every 10 years to make sure one is still capable of driving and not beign a hazard to others. Old people go so slow and at the same time believe that all must yield to them, cutting you off going 5 mph while your going 50. One day some sick sonvabitch cut across 3 lanes on central avenue going 3mph, causing all 3 lanes of cars to jam their breaks, almsot causing a pile-up. That old faggot just kept going 3 mph, simply cutting across all of us. He probably didn't even realize what he just did, and still acted as if he was right. I felt like running outside my car, cut his head off, and rip his heart out through his neck. Someone had the same feelings as i did, so he went in front of that old queer, jammed his breaks, then went in reverse real fast, stoping inches in front of that stupid slow learning coward. He gave that old bitch a good scare, he froze in fear in that spot for 10 minutes. That was a good idea, what he did; i would've done the same if i had an older car.

Another thing that pisses me off, are all those queers who have handicapp permits, meanwhile they are not handicapped in any way, whether in age or physically. A handicapped person should not be driving regardless, just another hazard to normal drivers. I feel like cutting their arms and legs off and truly make them handicapped, since they wish to be so. I see 30-50 year old men and women with handicapped signs, carrying many heavy bags of shit to their cars, performing all sorts of physical activity. This government is so fu*king ignorant, they make the ugliest laws. The driving test and rules are so poorly designed, it makes me want to vomit. Another thing that engages a killer inside of me are traffic officers. If world war 3 ever breaks out, and mass casualty is imminent, you can expect me to go on a killing rampage, killing all those low life ugly dirty nasty traffic "officers" is they even deserved to be assoiciated with the police. I rather step in dog shit each day for the rest of my life than allow those scums of the earth to live.
Old 12-15-2004 | 01:44 PM
10th Gear

Ahhh the memories those pics bring up... I had my '04 TL for 3 weeks. Came out late after work and found my driver's side quarterpanel smashed in about twice as far as yours... Everything from the rear bumber up to the edge of the back door - and it was pushed in halfway over the wheel. I drove it home with the tire rubbing on every bump... Oh and of course no note, no witnesses, etc. Took it to the body shop the next day. $3,300. It was on the panel with the gas tank so it was more complicated they said. I had just gotten my insurance switched to the new car and taken the $1000 deductible since the premium had gone up quite a bit. Walked the lot every day for 3 weeks and never found the culprit. Finally took in my TL a month later and they kept it 22 days. The insurance company got me a Hyundai Elantra to drive in the meantime... Gah. Finally got it back the day before thanksgiving. Cost me $1000 cash right after I had bought the damn car.

I wish I had pics to show. It was excruciating. The body shop did a great job, but for that much money they should have. Whoever did it bashed the $hit out of it. They can't not have felt it. How anyone could do that kind of damage and leave the scene is beyond me.

Only good thing out of the whole deal? I got the pain of the first damage to my new car out of the way :-)

It sucks, but it's just a thing. I could have been blindsided by a drunk driver running a red light and killed. I'll take the dent.
Old 12-15-2004 | 01:48 PM
10th Gear

Estimate On The Damage

Well yesterday I went and received an estimate for the damage. I got there and it was a lady who gave my car the look over. She told me that if that was her car she would rather try and fix it other than replace the whole quarter panel.

I told her that it was fine as long as there is NOT a lot of body filler on the quarter to fill the hole. She then told me that if they could not fix or it was not going to look good, they would replace the whole rear quarter.

The price for just the fix was $900.00 which is not bad, I guess. I am taking it to Bradshaw Acura today after work to let them look at it and give me their analysis. I will keep you guys posted on their cost....

I feel like a redneck riding around with a dent in my car, I cannot stand having my car look like this!
Old 12-15-2004 | 02:58 PM
10th Gear

Yeah mine was so damaged that bondo was not an option... They had to saw off the entire rear part of the body (it's all one piece to the front) and weld the new one in and grind it down... Good luck - I felt like a redneck too :-)
Old 12-15-2004 | 10:59 PM
Blue is so so

Dr. Murdock - woah! i thought i was bad. ur crazy dude. take it easy there. ha

In response to ResearchFreak and SilverSleeper - I do agree with you in that doing harm to another person's car will not teach them the intended lesson. But you have to retaliate properly. Retaliation, if it is serving the purpose of teaching the ignorant their wrong, is most definitely a good thing.

In my instance - as I said - I parked alllllllllllllllll the way at the opposite end of the parking lot where I was the ONLY car within a 300-500 foot area.

And out of about 60-100 available parking spots - this ahole parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME. So close that I could not get in.

Can you imagine the frustration? If he wanted to park so far away from the lot, he could have skipped a spot away from me, but no, he parked so close to me I could only get in by opening my door less than half way.

The situation being what it was, I think he most definitely knew why his tire was slashed.

But then again, he was probably a real ignorant soul to have parked that close to me in the first place right?

If the above is not true, then only one conclusion can be drawn - he or his passenger did it on purpose.

anyway, i did not buy this car so some loser could damage it. it is the only real hobby i have and i like to take care of it.
Old 12-16-2004 | 12:36 AM
Burning Brakes

04TL247,

I am sorry about your loss. I hope they can fix your car properly. It pains me that people can be so careless and just not give a damn about other people's property when driving. And like tl_soso said, retaliation should only be seldom if at all done. I am against it only because I don't ever want to lower myself to the other person's level and I want to be able to keep my anger in check. However, seeing your baby hurt will quickly erode any common sense or control you may have at the time. I wish you the best and please keep us informed.

dsc888
Old 12-16-2004 | 08:09 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 04TL247
Well yesterday I went and received an estimate for the damage. I got there and it was a lady who gave my car the look over. She told me that if that was her car she would rather try and fix it other than replace the whole quarter panel.

I told her that it was fine as long as there is NOT a lot of body filler on the quarter to fill the hole. She then told me that if they could not fix or it was not going to look good, they would replace the whole rear quarter.

The price for just the fix was $900.00 which is not bad, I guess. I am taking it to Bradshaw Acura today after work to let them look at it and give me their analysis. I will keep you guys posted on their cost....

I feel like a redneck riding around with a dent in my car, I cannot stand having my car look like this!
I hope they use a rubber hammer or something to push that out. Personally I would rather they not drill holes in the side and then pull it out and fill it with bondo. That's a whole lot less then I said it was going to cost, so that's not bad. So what did Bradshaw say?

Originally Posted by tl_soso
In my instance - as I said - I parked alllllllllllllllll the way at the opposite end of the parking lot where I was the ONLY car within a 300-500 foot area.

And out of about 60-100 available parking spots - this ahole parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME. So close that I could not get in.

Can you imagine the frustration? If he wanted to park so far away from the lot, he could have skipped a spot away from me, but no, he parked so close to me I could only get in by opening my door less than half way.

The situation being what it was, I think he most definitely knew why his tire was slashed.
I know there are some people out there that do exactly what this character did. Even when there are 60-100 spaces available and you've parked at the very last space, they feel the need to park right next to you. This is why I try to park a little ways away from everyone else maybe 15-20 or so spaces away. That way by the time I'm done and I make it back out to the car those spaces are close to my car.
Old 12-16-2004 | 08:43 AM
10th Gear

Bradsaw Estimate!

Well believe me I would love to have caught the person who hit my car. I might would ... you know give them the ol one two knock out punch....LOL..

Anywayl I went yesterday after I got off work to Bradshaw Acura in Greenville, SC to see what they had to say about the damage. The guy said that it was pretty close but they missed the "ruff pull" on the quarter.

So the price increased from $889.61 to $903.48. So to my surprise the rear quarter must not need to be replaced, as of right now. He told me that all the lines would straighten up when they made the "ruff pull" on the panel.

So I was like cool can I make an appointment to get it fixed. He begin to tell me that they are not taking appointments until 12.27.2004, the week after Christmas. It will be a 4 day fix. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome... more pictures to come when it gets fixed....
Old 12-16-2004 | 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Retaliation does work and is justifiably deserving. Extreme examples would be killing someone who you saw leaving your home and you just found your wife and child a bloody mess on the living room floor. Your attacking and killing the perp could be called retaliation, but deservidly so. It could also be called revenge, but what's wrong with that?

Point is, there are bad people and there are good people. Bad people do bad things and will continue to do bad things until given reason not to. Will tl_soso' act fix his car? No, but it will give him satisfaction and I applaud his actions.. I've done similar things in the past myself.

Our cars are not washing machines and those who treat them as such, deserve our venting.
Old 12-16-2004 | 06:43 PM
Racer

100%. Sometimes, as horrible as it seems to most of you, it can be justified. Just my personal view.
Old 12-16-2004 | 06:45 PM
Racer

Especially when I always go out of my way not to hit, dent, or ding anyone else' car because I know how it feels when it happens to me.
Old 12-17-2004 | 02:03 AM
Blue is so so

ditto - thanks guys. willz822 - u should see how i park next to cars when i have to. or even letting other cars pass me when necessary. i am so freaking courteous it hurts sometimes.

i open my doors extra carefully, being extra cautious not to tap the car next to me, etc.

with all this extra effort i make, to see someone else totally do the opposite..... you know the rest.

let's just hope that more people out there can have our way of thinking. its interesting to note that having the type of car we do, we have similar view points on this subject matter. i wonder how our view points on other aspects of life would be similar, or different.

I'm getting into psychology now, i should stop.

take it easy my fellow tl'ers
Old 12-17-2004 | 02:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I saw a SSM 3GTL in the parking lot of Target tonight. Its driver "almost" slammed his door to the car next to him(it's Camry...). I bet most of TL'rs here won't do this.

Prior to that moment, I was talking to my buddy that we maybe could park next to him (passenger side). I'm glad I didn't do so.
Old 12-17-2004 | 07:20 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rets
I saw a SSM 3GTL in the parking lot of Target tonight. Its driver "almost" slammed his door to the car next to him(it's Camry...). I bet most of TL'rs here won't do this.

Prior to that moment, I was talking to my buddy that we maybe could park next to him (passenger side). I'm glad I didn't do so.
Some people, old or larger people, will fling the door open. Almost like the pull the lever on the inside and shove it open. I've seen the damage that this does. That is why I park away from big cars suck as Caddys, Buicks, SUVs, etc.