Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad service at Acura Auburn in Mass.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad service at Acura Auburn in Mass.

I guse I praised them too soon after one visit. 2 weeks ago, I hit a foreign object the size of a fist on the highway heading towards Fitchburg, which set off my airbag sensor light. I brought it into Acura of Auburn to get it checked out. They replaced the sensor and charge me for labor. Everything was great, until I went out to my car and noticed a crack that extended over half the length of my windsheild. I pointed it out the the service guy, Joe, whom ordered a new windshield for me. Last Friday, I came in for the windshield replacement and figured I'd get my oil changed as well. I decide to put syntehtic in my car and brought my own oil. I told the service manager, Jim, that there was 5 quarts synthetic in the trunk. Ater everything was done, I drove home. After an hour, I decided to check the oil and low and behold, it was over the upper mark! The idiots emptied out the whole 5 quarts into the engine. I also notice that they scuffed the top of my trunk lid and put dirt stains on my rear seats. Why would someone have to go into the rear seat to change oil? They certainly didn't vaccum my car. I was pissed! Afraid that I may ruin my engine, I called up Jiffy Lube the next day to drain the half quart. The guy at Jiffy lube says that he notices that may of the dealerships fill the engine up with 5 quarts of oil instead of the recommended 4.5 quarts. This is a bit scarry don't you guys think? I mean you go to the dealership to have your car serviced in the right way and instead find out that Jiffy lube know more than they do. That's the last time I go back to Acura of Auburn for service! For those that get there oil changes at the dealership, do you check your oil to see if it's at the right level. According to the owner's mannua, overfilling above the upper line could harm the engine. Sorry, just had to vent
Old 04-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
A half quart is almost never anything to worry about. The rest of it is preety shabby service, true.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by Road Rage
A half quart is almost never anything to worry about. The rest of it is preety shabby service, true.
I was concerned because the mannual says that anything over the upper fill line would harm the engine.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Team SSM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
yeah half a quart is no big deal. no worries
Old 04-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
1/2 quart overfilling is acceptable.

To make things easy (4.5*8)=36 quarts=3 cases of oil, I usually recommend that people add the full 4.5 quarts to their crankcase plus 5 ounces of Lube Control (LC). This overfills the oil slightly, but after about 5K or so, the level drops very close to the max mark since most of the LC "burns off."

So, don't let it happen again, but if it does happen, don't sweat it, and just avoid the dealer next time.

Michael
Old 04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
5 QTS or a pint over the limit is fine as long the grease monkeys allowed the oil to drain completely or close to from the engine...personally I change my own oil and allow the oil to drain for close to an hour ( with a removed filter too) and go about doing other things.
I have seen the guys over at Jiffy put the plug back on while the oils is still dripping and that makes me wonder how much dirty oil was left.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Thanks guys. I guess I over reacted a little.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05TLTony
I also notice that they scuffed the top of my trunk lid and put dirt stains on my rear seats. Why would someone have to go into the rear seat to change oil? They certainly didn't vaccum my car. I was pissed!
I noticed dirty hand marks after my first service too on the rear seats and all I was at the dealership was for an oil change and front door rattling issue...I called the next day and the service manager said the mechanic went back there to check and replace/repair the Third brake light rattling issue that some of the cars had so that it can be solved while the car was there....since your is an 05 I dont suspect the third brake light issue is still active but you can always call up and ask...
Old 04-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Just got off the phone with Acura. Apparently, the survey person I spoke to notified them of my bad experience. I was told to come by with my car so that they could buff out my scratch. I guess this is a very good gesture.