Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad luck comes in 3's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad luck comes in 3's...

Well I hadn't washed my car - sadly - in about a month, so it was quite dirty until I did this past Saturday. But maybe I should have just let the filth build up; it serves as a great cover up!

Bad luck does come in 3, so they say...
I first noticed a black smudge on the front bumper, turns out to be from rocks/debris on the road; no biggy and not that noticible. But first one in almost a year.

Secondly, after washing the passenger side I noticed a pretty large dent above my rear window (the panel between the window and the roof); I about shit myself. No kidding! It is a perfect round dent and thankfully no other scratches or dents to go along with it. I immediately felt ill and hadn't a clue how it got there.

Third thing...while washing my tires...wouldn't you know that I found a nail sticking out from my rear drivers side tire. I was thinking...this isn't right! What's next?

So, this morning I go to the dealer and thankfully, the nail didn't penetrate far enough to cause a leak. I'm grateful for that.

However, not grateful to hear from the dealer that they are "positively certain from past experiences" that the dent came from a golf ball and it cannot be removed by the paintless dent removal and I have to take it to a body shop for repair. And from my own past experiences...this will probably cost $1,500+ (labor, paint, etc.) even though I'll only have to pay the deductible..

But I am flipping out! I do everything in my power to stay away from disrespectful assholes who don't care about another person's properties - I'll walk a mile if I had to just to have assurance my car is not around anyone elses. And last week I was at a golf outing and parked far back - and no where near a hole - but yet, some asshole found a way to drive the ball directly into my car and then not have the decency to leave a note (HAH- yea, right!).

People are just f***ing ignorant... And now its $500 out of my pocket to get it repaired because I'm not driving around in a car with a dent.

Happy Monday!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Bring Blink Back!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a familiar story. Always nice to find surprises left behind by others. I did have the nail and I had a bunch of knicks in my rear bumper because people don't know how to park correctly, however in my case it wasn't a golf ball it was ski or snowboard enamel from someone not being careful with their equipment.

I think you should stay away from golf courses with the parking lots right next to the course. That is pretty bad luck though. I feel your pain.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:07 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Golf Ball!!

That sucks I want to laminate my entire car with ppf now

*note to self* stay away from: golf clubs, ballparks.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by leedogg
Golf Ball!!

Yea - I think next time we have a golf outing...I'll hitch a ride with someone else so that their car can get damaged and not mine!

I am so sick to my stomach about it... Why couldn't it have hit the Mercedes AMG down the row? Or the big ass Suburban that was beside me?

<<sigh>>
Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Golf Ball!!

Yea - I think next time we have a golf outing...I'll hitch a ride with someone else so that their car can get damaged and not mine!

I am so sick to my stomach about it... Why couldn't it have hit the Mercedes AMG down the row? Or the big ass Suburban that was beside me?

<<sigh>>

Wonder how much it will truly cost...?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
RAR

Originally Posted by KJW73

<<sigh>>

Wonder how much it will truly cost...?
Thats what I did when I went paintballing, let somebody else drive. Good decision as we were doing some major offroading to get there!!! (plus we were all wet, sweaty and bleeding colors on the way back...if it was my car, everybody would have to strip first!)

I swear to god, our sexy white cars attract everything. Bird shit, bugs, girls, and now golf balls. What a pain!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Thats what I did when I went paintballing, let somebody else drive. Good decision as we were doing some major offroading to get there!!! (plus we were all wet, sweaty and bleeding colors on the way back...if it was my car, everybody would have to strip first!)

I swear to god, our sexy white cars attract everything. Bird shit, bugs, girls, and now golf balls. What a pain!
LMAO! Yep - it definitely attracts lots of bugs and bird shit for sure! Thankfully, hasn't attracted any girls yet (...being that I am one...I might feel a bit funny about it! hahahaha).
Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 AM
RAR

LMAO! Yep - it definitely attracts lots of bugs and bird shit for sure! Thankfully, hasn't attracted any girls yet (...being that I am one...I might feel a bit funny about it! hahahaha).
Of course it has. It attracted you didnt it?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Of course it has. It attracted you didnt it?
You definitely got me on that one!
LMAO!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Golf Ball!!

Tis true! I just played golf last friday and witness a man nearly cry when the rear drivers side window of his hummer H3 was shattered by a golf ball..... luckily i didn't drive my car to this particular golf course on that day :-D

p.s. NO! it wasn't me that hit the golf ball, I'm actually a pretty good golfer...I only lose golf balls to the woods, not the inside of peoples vehicles :-D
Old 09-11-2006, 03:48 PM
RAR

You definitely got me on that one!
LMAO!

FTW!! And people when I say wdp gets the ladies.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:15 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Pics of the damage

Last night I came home and decided to call the insurance company and they'll be sending an adjuster out to determine whether I can claim it as vandalism ( ) which then would only cost me $100 out of pocket to get repaired.

Apparently, because of where the dent is located, they have to remove the entire panel. It'll never be the same again...

Also, it may be difficult to see the dent...but, it's there.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Racer

I honestly can't believe they have to remove the panel....maybe it just doesn't look that bad from the angle of the picture.... that really sucks but maybe you'll luck out and actually have a really good body shop to make sure its put back just like new if not better...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by Darknesss_TL
I honestly can't believe they have to remove the panel....maybe it just doesn't look that bad from the angle of the picture.... that really sucks but maybe you'll luck out and actually have a really good body shop to make sure its put back just like new if not better...
I know what you're saying... I thought the same.
I was having trouble taking the pic at a good angle because the car is white and it's difficult to see it properly.

It amazes me every time I have - what I consider minor damage - and what is involved in repairing it...and then the cost of the repairs (OMG!) .
Old 09-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Racer

I know what you're saying... I thought the same.
I was having trouble taking the pic at a good angle because the car is white and it's difficult to see it properly.

It amazes me every time I have - what I consider minor damage - and what is involved in repairing it...and then the cost of the repairs (OMG!) .

Well for what its worth...If i had the ability, tools, and time to fix it for you...I'd do it free of charge :-D...anything to help out a fellow TL driver I hope things work out and you get a good deal on the repair
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by Darknesss_TL
Well for what its worth...If i had the ability, tools, and time to fix it for you...I'd do it free of charge :-D...anything to help out a fellow TL driver I hope things work out and you get a good deal on the repair
Thanks Darkness...I appreciate that! I'd do the same...
Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Racer

you're welcome