Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer experience, turned good

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad dealer experience, turned good

So here is the story, I took my 04TL to a certain unnamed Acura dealer in Annapolis, MD for a B Service. Picked it up the same day, in the rain, on a Friday. Car is garaged all weekend. Monday I notice a chip in the drivers door where someone opened a door into it.

I'm prepared for a long battle with the service manager at said dealership. But to my amazement, he says "No problem, bring it by for a quick inspection and we'll repaint the whole door." Wow, I wasn't expecting that!

Moral of the story, inspect your car after every service. But keep going back to a dealer that takes care of its customers.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:44 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SailorZ, it is good that you have dealers like that. I've had very bad experience with the local dealer here. Scratched my NBP and gave me very tough time to fix it and made it worse while fixing it. Also told me all the time he's doing me a favor. Very rude and ignoramus Service Manager. Did'nt even know that Memory Fix TSB requires to take driver seat off. and argued with me saying that it was not required to take the seat off.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joganjani
SailorZ, it is good that you have dealers like that. I've had very bad experience with the local dealer here. Scratched my NBP and gave me very tough time to fix it and made it worse while fixing it. Also told me all the time he's doing me a favor. Very rude and ignoramus Service Manager. Did'nt even know that Memory Fix TSB requires to take driver seat off. and argued with me saying that it was not required to take the seat off.
Vote with your wallet...never go back. Even better, let the GM know why! We should all know dealerships make most of their profit from used car sales and also their service departments. Send your service business somewhere it's appreciated.