B service cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005 | 01:38 PM
AVB for President!

B service cost

Hi all,

How much are you guys getting quoted for a B service? Strange enough, I thought each alphabet is supposed to be accompanied with a number, like B1 or B2.

I know the cost greatly varies, but I just wanted to get a rough idea. I got quoted $150 for a B service at Autowest Acura of Steven's Creek in San Jose.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:21 PM
AVB for President!

I always seem to have bad luck when it comes to getting responses to my posts.. :P
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:25 PM
Instructor

109 here in ny at hillside
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:36 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Originally Posted by TLTrance
Hi all,

How much are you guys getting quoted for a B service? Strange enough, I thought each alphabet is supposed to be accompanied with a number, like B1 or B2.

I know the cost greatly varies, but I just wanted to get a rough idea. I got quoted $150 for a B service at Autowest Acura of Steven's Creek in San Jose.

Thanks!
I have been doing all the maintanance on my '05 TL and have now 13K, can you tell me where to find the Service code ( A, B..etc) to see what has to be done at each interval, I've been going by the owners manual...
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:38 PM
~HondaF1~

$59.95
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:40 PM
AVB for President!

So basically everyone's getting something lower than me... Awesome.

Yeah, I found that A1 is similar to plain old B, with the exception of the "visual" inspections. In other words, pay an additional $80 for 2 minutes of work. I wonder if I told them to do an "A1" even though I have a B, will they do it...
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:41 PM
~HondaF1~

Lightbulb

Nah, if it has a 1 it's a tire rotation....

2 is the a/c pollen filter & air filter for motor.
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:43 PM
~HondaF1~

Lightbulb

Yeah, I found that A1 is similar to plain old B, with the exception of the "visual" inspections. In other words, pay an additional $80 for 2 minutes of work. I wonder if I told them to do an "A1" even though I have a B, will they do it...
No, they actually make a few adjustmests (if needed).

You can tell them, but if they are smart, they'll check.

Also, remember that you have much more pull (if needed in future) if U do services @ the dealership & not just oil changes....
Old 12-19-2005 | 06:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
No, they actually make a few adjustmests (if needed).

You can tell them, but if they are smart, they'll check.

Also, remember that you have much more pull (if needed in future) if U do services @ the dealership & not just oil changes....
my dealer actually gives free oil for life when you maintain your car with them. and i've missed a few services once in a while. they are also pretty cheap on the services
Old 12-19-2005 | 07:00 PM
AVB for President!

Yeah that's one of the reasons I want to continue to go. Loyalty can go a long way in the future. Its just like Karma. I plan to just pay the $150 and get everything they say they will do done. If anything goes awry, I can go back to them and they will fix it. Not all independent places (non-dealerships) will do that. And some dealerships will even strong arm customers...
Old 12-20-2005 | 02:56 PM
Intermediate

I just had my Schedule B Service performed yesterday at Los Gatos Acura - $129 total (after tax and $35 coupon that they proactively applied).

Schedule B, according to my invoice is pretty much an oil & filter change, fill all fluids, rotate tires, plus a quick inspection of brakes, tie rods, suspension, hoses, exhaust system, battery, fuel lines, etc.

I think they actually made a brake adjustment, because the brakes felt different as I was leaving the dealer - I was stopping too hard for a while.

- side note: Can you retain all aspects of the original warranty if the dealer does not perform the scheduled maintenance? I supposed any shop can reset the Maintenance Minder system, eh?
Old 12-20-2005 | 05:11 PM
~HondaF1~

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ozone
- side note: Can you retain all aspects of the original warranty if the dealer does not perform the scheduled maintenance? I supposed any shop can reset the Maintenance Minder system, eh?
Yes ~ essentially...

Honda does not void warranty like other manufacturers if you change it @ another reputable shop or if if you do it yourself ~ keep the receipts.

The thing is that there might be a time that you need something that might not necessarly be covered, that the dealership might do if you go there regularly ~ I've seen it many times.

Plus, those guys are sent to Acura periodically to keep getting updates on their skills, plus take tests online constantly to know the hell out of these cars ~ a bonus to you if there are bulletins that they'll do automatically b/c they get paid on that, & no Mobil, JiffyLube, Costco, or whatever will know these (@ least for a while).....
Old 12-21-2005 | 04:54 PM
Racer

Free....the first 2 services were free. Lougheed Acura in BC, Canada
Old 12-21-2005 | 05:14 PM
AVB for President!

I got my car serviced today. It came out to $133 and change. The reason for the lower price was due to a 10% off coupon and me supplying my own oil filter.

Now, the nice thing was that they gave me a free car care kit which included glass cleaner, vinyl/leather cleaner, and vinyl protectant. The latter two is used by Acura for those that have the "ashy dash" problem. Sure enough, after they used the product on my dash, it looked great. The nice part was that they gave me the kit for free as a courtesy.

They also did the usual check fluids stuff and did notice some of them were low, so of course they filled those.

They were completely courtesy, honest, and willing to listen to and answer my questions.

The $133 was well spent imho.
Old 12-21-2005 | 08:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
Yes ~ essentially...

The thing is that there might be a time that you need something that might not necessarly be covered, that the dealership might do if you go there regularly ~ I've seen it many times.

This is totally true. It's not about the regular warranty. It's about taking care of you when something is marginal or not usually covered. I plan on having all regular service done at the dealer for this reason alone. The cost differnce in the long run is worth the "added service" in my opinion.
Old 12-22-2005 | 07:04 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

I had the B service done yesterday at Radley Acura in Virginia (17,891 miles on the car). Normal price is $155, but because I bought the car there I get the oil changes free; the total came to $124, including tax on the parts.

I agree with the other folks that the dealer is more likely to scratch your back if you bring them business. It's easy to take all the small jobs to some other place that might be cheaper, but if someday you have a big job that the independent shop can't handle, the dealer is more likely to go out of its way for reliable customers. (I had precisely that happen when I had a problem with the power steering rack on my 1982 Accord in the early 1990s; the car had been religiously maintained at the dealer and the service advisor cut me a MAJOR break on the repairs, saved several hundred bucks.)

I know it was just advertising hype, but there was something pretty compelling about that Toyota ad a few years back that showed two mechanics, one at a Toyota dealer who was working on the car, and the other at a local service station who had a large book spread out trying to identify the parts of the engine. Given how technical the car repairs are getting, that ad sticks in my mind when I think of these issues.