Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avon tires on Tirerack

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Avon tires on Tirerack

Tire rack has a single model of Avon tires on their web site. From past expirience I can attest that Avon makes tires with terrific handling. Unfortunately they don't carry the size for the TL. Has anybody around here tried this new model??
Old 06-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vtechbrain
Tire rack has a single model of Avon tires on their web site. From past expirience I can attest that Avon makes tires with terrific handling. Unfortunately they don't carry the size for the TL. Has anybody around here tried this new model??

Seems Cooper Tire makes the Avon brand of tires. On the Avon site they have a all-season performance tire to come out in the 4th quarter of this year... Actually I was just looking at the Cooper line of tires the other day, they have a few tires in the 2004 TL size. Prices seem really good. Don't hear much about them, anyone ever tried them?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:08 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dheel
Seems Cooper Tire makes the Avon brand of tires. On the Avon site they have a all-season performance tire to come out in the 4th quarter of this year... Actually I was just looking at the Cooper line of tires the other day, they have a few tires in the 2004 TL size. Prices seem really good. Don't hear much about them, anyone ever tried them?
The Cooper Zeon 2XS is not too bad (summer performance tire about $120 installed in TL 17" size), only problem is that it uses Nylon belts and flat spots in the cold (not as bad as the EL's, but still it is there for a shorter period, but it is a summer tire where the EL was all season and should not do it as it is designed for cold).

Water evacuation is great, grip is very good over all, tread pattern looks like Pilot Sport summer tire. Made in England which is strange.

Much wider tread than the EL 42 and has a nice rim protector.

Not my first choice of tire but my friend likes them a lot.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by need4spd
The Cooper Zeon 2XS is not too bad (summer performance tire about $120 installed in TL 17" size), only problem is that it uses Nylon belts and flat spots in the cold (not as bad as the EL's, but still it is there for a shorter period, but it is a summer tire where the EL was all season and should not do it as it is designed for cold).

Water evacuation is great, grip is very good over all, tread pattern looks like Pilot Sport summer tire. Made in England which is strange.

Much wider tread than the EL 42 and has a nice rim protector.

Not my first choice of tire but my friend likes them a lot.

That made in england thing makes me think that they are probably manufactured by Avon. On the cooper avon website they state that the tire is for summer only although an all season variant is on its way. Personally I already have winter tires so I'm not looking for all season performance (compromises!).