3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Window glass lowering !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my 2006 TL a month ago. I noticed twice the window was lowering (at different positions). I usually press lock twice to make sure I lock the door.

As wyzard mentioned, if you press a little bit too long, the windows will drop. I did not notice it until I came back to realize the windows were open.

After read your posts, I just tried to confirm this theory. The windows were open after I pressed lock button too long at the second time. You will open the moon-roof if you hold the button too long.

I will definitely pay attention next time when I press the lock button the second time.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 PM
05 TL

I thought you had to press and hold "unlock" to get the windows to roll down.

In San Antonio during the summer, my 05 never opened its self up for my neighbors... If the sunroof tilted open this wouldnt be bad... But windows. That would piss me off.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

Hey, when my TL's TMPS notices my tires are too low on pressure, it actually puts just enough air to bring them back to normal. These cars are great!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:01 AM
RIP 06 TL

You guys are hitting the fob no? about it unless your car is faulty OR your on some good shit!! Because our cars do not have that feature, but if they do.... then my windows roll up auto when the sensor detects any rain. Its such a great feature! hahaha
Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
This is so weird..........you guys my car can sense when I have been gone to long from the wife, or had just enough to drink and it actually saves me from getting in trouble.
Somehow it knows this and every time just before i have been gone to long or start to do some shots I can hear it from the parking lot honking and flashing its lights!! I swear it is psychic or something, and as soon as I come outside and unlock the door it stops!!! kinda like it is saying ok I am done, your done, so lets go home now! Where can i adjust the sensativity on this feature cuz sometimes I wanna stay longer without it calling me? I swear to god there is no way i am hitting the panic button by accident..................this must be another one of them easter egg things! hahahahaha
Old 10-05-2006, 05:36 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

^ PRICELESS. i was laughing so hard. the tire pressure was funny too. i'm sure the windows rolling down is a random mishap, but interesting nonetheless!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AzNGR81
...uh yeah dude, not only does it go down but when it was raining one time, the windows rolled up automatically because i left them down, i was like "WOW" and another time when i went to sleep and left my car outside the garage, the windows also went up again, and this time i was like "WOW WOW anti-theft feature"
Originally Posted by pohljm
This is so weird..........you guys my car can sense when I have been gone to long from the wife, or had just enough to drink and it actually saves me from getting in trouble.
Somehow it knows this and every time just before i have been gone to long or start to do some shots I can hear it from the parking lot honking and flashing its lights!! I swear it is psychic or something, and as soon as I come outside and unlock the door it stops!!! kinda like it is saying ok I am done, your done, so lets go home now! Where can i adjust the sensativity on this feature cuz sometimes I wanna stay longer without it calling me? I swear to god there is no way i am hitting the panic button by accident..................this must be another one of them easter egg things! hahahahaha
I usually park my car in the garage in the evening but forgot to last night. What happened? Yep... Woke up this morning and it was in the garage ! Incredible. Not only that but it must have realized that I had forgotten to stop and pick up the dry cleaning because my shirts were hanging there in the back !!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Cruisin'

^ haha the comments above are simply too funny.

But in all seriousness, my mother's '04 Nissan Quest had a similar problem like the one mentioned above. I noticed that both rear passenger doors were sliding open and closed randomly along with the rear cargo door (can't remember what it is called right now). It almost seemed as if someone was randomly pressing all of the buttons on the fob. The weird part about it was that whenever I went outside into my driveway to inspect the car, it would stop doing it.

So I thought to myself that maybe my mother dropped her fob in the driveway and somebody was trying to play a prank on me. After walking around for half and hour on my property with my baseball bat I realized how paranoid I was being and that it must simply be a coincidence.

Later when we took the car into the dealership we found out that keeping the fob in humid places allows moisture to get inside the fob triggering random signals to be sent out from the fob. They replaced the fob and after that day we never incurred that problem again.

Remember there's always a logical explanation behind everything. Don't be like me and let your imagination get the best of you.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:09 PM
peemp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shalooby
I usually park my car in the garage in the evening but forgot to last night. What happened? Yep... Woke up this morning and it was in the garage ! Incredible. Not only that but it must have realized that I had forgotten to stop and pick up the dry cleaning because my shirts were hanging there in the back !!
LOL