Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta TL Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlanta TL Owners

I'm in the market for a TL now and I was wondering how much you guys paid for your TL and from which dealership you bought from (ie. Acura Carland, Ed Voyles Acura, Baranco Acura, Acura of Augusta, Nalley Acura... etc.) I tried going to Nalley Acura today, but they were freaking closed.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by abcheng
I'm in the market for a TL now and I was wondering how much you guys paid for your TL and from which dealership you bought from (ie. Acura Carland, Ed Voyles Acura, Baranco Acura, Acura of Augusta, Nalley Acura... etc.) I tried going to Nalley Acura today, but they were freaking closed.
I lived in Shitlanta for 4.5 years and leased my '01 TL from Nalley. They pulled a last minute hat trick and tried to change the previously negotiated rate. The salesman only relented when I tried to walk out. Other than that, Nalley was a decent dealership to work with. Ed Voyles doesn't have the lot space to offer good deals, Acura of Augusta is owned by my friend's father-in-law and they're a bunch of assholes. I don't know about Baranco. Acura Carland has the biggest supply and can usually offer the best deal.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrjoshua
I lived in Shitlanta for 4.5 years ....
wow, tell us how you really feel about it!

Anyway yeah there don't seem to be too many deals here on TL's with Nav. I bought mine at Nally, they only had 3 in stock and one of those was sold by the time I drove to the dealership!

They nailed me for about $33,600 as I remember, but they did come up about $800 on my trade when I was getting ready to walk. So all in all it was not too bad of a deal. I would have been happier at $33k even but apparently they are still selling almost as fast as they come in so the dealers are pretty much take it or leave it.

Acura carland might be ok to buy at but I had a really bad experiece with their service last fall back when I had a 2003 TL-s. So I didn't really want to buy there.

Ed Voyles seemed ok but we never got to price negotiations as they only had 2 navi cars in stock, both were not colors I would have considered so I did not waste time there on price.

Anyway good luck!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Racer

I have had a LOT of dealings with Carland, their pricing is comparable to the other dealerships I have checked into, but there service Dept has been great. I did have one bad experiance with something a tech wrote onthe service order but Mangement made the problem go away. I am trying to work a trade to get out of my 04TL W/vibrations and rattles and No Navi and get into a 05 NAvi, no other dealership got within $1000 of Carland. I delt with a guy named Duffy on the first TL and am dealing with Rich this time, they are on the same "team". Of course they are trying to make an unhappy customer happy...I will make a post on this site when all the final details are worked out. I am sure it will either be real good or real bad.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the replies guys. I noticed Nalley charges for the protection package and that sealant or whatever they call it that they spray on the bottom of the car. At least that's what the window sticker said. My mom got her Acura Legend which is what I'm currently driving now from Acura Carland and my dad got his MDX back in '01 at Ed Voyles. It seems like you guys are saying Acura Carland is probably the cheapest and best place to deal with. I'll go check out Acura Carland sometime and see how much they want for a TL.

thegabrielles- Please update once final details are worked out. I'm looking forward to your reply.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:04 AM
6th Gear

When I was in the market for the TL about six months ago, I visited both Ed Voyles and Nalley in Atlanta. I also called about ten other dealerships around the southeast trying to make a deal. I was looking for an '04 SSM navi with quartz interior. I ended up buying the car from King Acura in Birmingham. No one else seemed to be willing to come off sticker more than a few hundred dollars. I payed $33,500 out the door. They didn't have the car on the lot, but did a transfer from another dealer somewhere. It took them about four days to get the car. It's not a huge dealership, but they were exceptional to work with. I dealt with a salesperson named Charmaine. It might be worth a phone call and the drive to check them out. I'm in Mississippi, so it was a little closer to home for me than Atlanta anyway.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I purchased mine from Baranco Acura. $34,000 with Navi and free oil changes for life!!. Baranco has excellent customer service. My sales rep name is Troy Benjamin.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Advanced

Is $34k OTD price? I may consider buying from that dealership in Alabama, but I'd rather buy in the Atlanta area.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:15 AM
6th Gear

Yes, I paid $33,500 out the door from King Acura in B'ham. I told them I would buy the car if I could write them a check for $33,500 including all fees. However, since it was an out-of-state purchase for me, I had to pay the taxes when I purchased the tag in Mississippi.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my yesterday from Ed Voyles. I love my new baby.

Paid $34k w/ Nav and trade my old TL in and got it for less than 30k with tax/tag/title/extendwarranty. But no oil change for life which it sounds like a better deal at Baranco Acura if it is $34k for tax/tag/title.

I stay with Ed Voyles cuz I didn't want to drive all the way down to Jonesboro.

Is $34k OTD price? I may consider buying from that dealership in Alabama, but I'd rather buy in the Atlanta area.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 PM
My other car is a 737

Nalley

Bought mine from Nalley in December 2003... 6MTs were brand new so paid MSRP. The only part of the process that was unpleasant was the hard sell on the extras. I think I paid too much for the extended warranty and Lojack, but oh well.

They have also been responsive to most of the issues that came up...seat memory fixed first time, B pillar rattles fixed first time as well. Still trying to get the headliner to stop creaking...next time I go to the service manager as I have asked them to fix it 3 times so far. I didn't have the tire issue as I went for the Aspec 18s and Proxes4 245 width...great tire. The seats are a little wrinkly but I guess I'm not as particular as some of you guys :-) Not too bad, anyway...
Old 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Advanced

So far I've gotten 2 quotes:

Acura Carland: starts at $31,900

and

Baranco Acura wants 32,470 for a TL w/ navi.

Hopefully, I can get it for $30,500 - $31000 but it seems like it's impossible to get a good price around here.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Baranco Acura is the worse dealership, EVER. Terrible service, they are all liars and theives.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:36 AM
KEB
Cruisin'

TL invoice?

abcheng, I am confused. Do you know what invoice is on these cars? KBB says that it is 32,555 (navi) and 30,734(non-navi). If your quotes for a non-navi TL? I too am in the market (deciding between TSX and TL) in the Atlanta area. I LOVE the looks of the TL but am hearing that the TSX is much more dependable with less maintenance issues and a better build (made in Japan).
Old 03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Those prices are right. I base off Yahoo Auto's MSRP prices, not KBB. I got quotes for both the navi and non-navi. What I like about the TL is that it's more powerful, gas mileage is about the same, and the weight is about the same. Also, people say the TSX interior is really crappy compared to the TL, but I'm gonna go confirm that today. If you're up for a TSX, we might have 3-4 people go buy at the same time and try and negotiate a better price.